Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~September Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-31-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

thank you Bobbie
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #3  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

You're welcome Karen...I was just thinking of you this afternoon when I moved my meyer lemon tree. It's in the house, needs at least 6 hours of sunshine.
I have to take it out of the East window and move it to the South window every day. Good thing it's still tiny!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Didn't get to the Aug thread before it was closed. I was so behind, had to go through the posts and read however I still didn't get them all read and mostly skimmed. It's been a good and just pleasantly busy week. Went to the gym this morning but not for the stretch class. I miss the stretching but I can do it at home, mostly I forget though.

Today I cleaned the office and hall way, did a little decluttering, plus did a few banking type tasks getting ready for the first. The window guy came and we ordered the two front bedroom windows. It's been a nice cooler day...I enjoyed being outside while he was here...but no sun until this evening. Thought we'd better get the windows before we have to start paying on the AZ house. Can't remember whether I posted about that, so excuse if repeat but last night our ds called to say he's moving. It isn't what we want but we are ok with it in a way. We are tired of never knowing when it's going to happen. Of course by now he may have changed his mind again. I left him a message to call as I want to ask him to stay and pay until after Oct since we have a trip then but so far no response. I think he's feeling a little ashamed. Well, he should....

Karen3 - I made your BBQ chicken (with seasoned salt) for dinner tonight. Served it with rice and stir-fried cabbage from our garden. We both liked it!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #5  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Three days down ~ one more to go. I was only 1/2 hour late tonight. So, I'm actually getting a chance to post. The last few days, I have only been able to read ~ no time left after that to write anything.

Off Friday ~ gotta get up early to take my son to the airport. We are headed to Ohio for my nephews wedding. We are dribbling in a little at a time. Jason on Friday, I go a few days later, then my daughter a few days after me. We all head back home different days too. I will know my way to and from the airport quite well by the end of our trip

I am looking forward to seeing mom and dad and my sister and the kids. Hoping that the drama of earlier this month is over and that people behave so that it is a nice pleasant time for everyone. Praying hard that all goes well.

I'm taking my laptop with me ~ won't be able to get online, but have lots of pictures on there that I think will be fun for mom and dad to see. I made all these folders of different pictures. Kind of like an electronic photo album. I hope you all don't mind, but I even made a folder of pictures of my Golden Girls Family to show mom ~ I quite often tell her about you all ~ so I thought it would be fun for her to see.

It has still been pretty hot every day. I'm looking forward to when it gets cooler so I can enjoy riding my bike again. (Mustang Karen ~ there is still one at that second hand shop here waiting for you ~ LOL ~ when are you coming to get it?)

I'm sorry ~ about out of steam for now ~ will do the personals another time.

Take care all

Last edited by glynne; 08-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #6  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola!
VERY quick check in......... just wanted to say "good bye, HOT August" and "hello, lovely September"..... we hope!

Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! It has been a busy day but I didn't get the dogs bathed! Instead I went over and helped my aunt clean out her aquarium. That took up most of the afternoon. Love being with her though and our trip should be so much fun!

This afternoon a realtor called and wants to show the house at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. So I've been doing a little bit tonight and if I can get going in the morning I will try to give them their baths tomorrow, if not I will get it done on Thursday. Don't like to be to far behind on the flea and hearworms meds.

Gayle, is that still the same bike you told me about before? Gosh, I thought that you were going to deliver that!!! LOL!!! Just think you and me on our bikes headed down Historic Route 66!! WOuld have to be nothing but fun! I wonder if we could ride them and go to the Drive In theater....wow!!

Karen-- good hearing from you. I hope you have turned that corner and will continue to keep improving from now on! Sending prayers.

Sorry to hear about your house situation. But it sounds like you are almost relieved to know something definite. I hope this doesn't make you change your vacation plans. Sending prayers out for you too.

Bobbi, thanks for getting us set up for September. At least I was able to remember it this time! I hope the new girls are able to find and follow us too.

Well, wanted to stop in and say hello. Guess I'll get a bit more done before I need to shut down for the day.

Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM   #8  
Happy to be here!

S/C/G: 256/246/190

Height: 5'11"

Hi, girls! I've been monitoring but too tired to post. Work has been brutal these past weeks, but I remain thankful for a good job. I just had to tell you, I finally decided to get on the scale today ~ first time since my new eating plan ~ and 10 lbs gone, gone, gone! Thanks for being here and sharing your lives.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #9  

Fitchy--- glad that you were able to find the new thread. . Congrats on those 10 pounds deleted!! YAY!!!! Sorry your work has been so hectic. Hang in there!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #10  
Happy to be here!

S/C/G: 256/246/190

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hang in there!
Thanks, Karen... Good thing I lost that 10 lbs ~ hanging by my fingernails is easier without the added tonnage LOL!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens and Happy September!

Fall is a busy and beautiful season here in Montana and I am fully intending to take advantage of it. Having nothing to wear camping (all my old ratty sweatshirts are comically too big) I went to cabellas yesterday with a couple of my buddies. I found a really nice soft columbia brand fleece jacket in a soft navy blue. Sean and Kenny moved between manly exasperation and girlish giggles as I continued to pick out the wrong sizes. It was funny. We gave up and roamed through the camping gadgets and fly flishing equipment.

Oh well, the weather forcast is for cool weather so I will wear some of my old comfy henlies.

I did a political fundraiser for my favorite commissioner then headed to the pool season ending get-together. My team tied 3rd/4th out of 17 teams. We each got a couple hundred and change plus our individual winnings. I tucked it away in that secret pocket in my purse.

I got asked to play on a really good 3 woman team on the end of the month in the famous town of Butte mt. It shoudl be fun and I was kind of honored.

One more day tomorrow and I have a ton of stuff to get done if I am going to get out of here on time on friday morning. I still have to get through a contract negotiation session tomorrow and then I will be home free (workwise) for the week. The supervisors have taken over my on-call duty for the weekend and I will not need to think about the phone ringing all weekend. It will be nice because it only comes along about twice per year.

Today I made ceviche with shrimp, crab, marinated fish, and all the lovely peppers, cucumbers, and cilantro from the garden. It was perfectly bright, sweet and spicy. Tao said,"what are we celebrating boss?". I smiled and said, "health and good food". It was nice.

See you tomorrow.

Rie
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 106.8/93.8/65kg

Height: 169cm

Helllooo GGs

Well I'm almost through Day 5 on the new regime, and so far so good. Today is the first day of spring for us - the weather is definitely becoming warmer, pretty soon I will be the one complaining bitterly about the summer heat

Jane - I hear you on the disappointment of sticking to your eating/exercise plan and the scales not being friendly Try not to be too disheartened and get thrown off track. Maybe with the exercise you're losing inches instead of lbs - perhaps it's time to break out the tape measure?

Karen3 - nice to see you popping in, hope you are feeling in tip top condition soon

Rie - I had chills up my spine and tears in my eyes while reading your post about your significant anniversary - you are an inspiration. What a difference a year makes! I hope you continue to enjoy your journey to good health

Karen31 - I'm like you, in the zone for a while, then it all goes pear shaped for a while, then back on the wagon ... I'm just hoping I get back to an overall downward trend, that would make me happy. I think you're right, it's got to be something that clicks and is a lifestyle choice, rather than a way of eating you do for a while

Bobbi - never a dull moment for you - WTG on the profit from your Harley Davidson mementoes. Thanks for setting us up for September

Rosey - you are another inspiration to have made such a turnaround in your health. And I see your ticker is going down down down!

Lynn - another one who has faced a hard truth about your health and put in the hard yards to make major changes in your life. I feel like I'm such a wimp - all I have to do is stick with my eating/exercise plan, and I'm pretty haphazard at that ...

Mary - sorry to hear about the situation with your son. Here's hoping all gets sorted in a way that best suits you and DH

Gayle - hope all goes well with your holiday plans, and that you have a lovely time at your nephew's wedding

Donna - *hello* - hope all is good with you.

fitchy - yay on 10lbs set free, a truly wonderful result I hear you on work pressures - the weekend is almost here.

Toodles!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am off for a week – start a new class next Tuesday. Today I am going down to South Jersey to take my DF with Altzheimer’s to the movies. She has trouble following plots so I found a comedy – One Day. Hopefully, the plot will not be too difficult to follow.

Have a GREAT day Everyone,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Didn't get to the Aug thread before it was closed. I was so behind, had to go through the posts and read however I still didn't get them all read and mostly skimmed. It's been a good and just pleasantly busy week.
Hi Mary,

I’m with you. I got too far behind with the August thread to even try to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Off Friday ~ gotta get up early to take my son to the airport. We are headed to Ohio for my nephews wedding.
Hi Gayle,

Where in OH? Some of my family lives in Canton. I had a good friend in Ashtabula and I used to do a lot of work in Columbus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
This afternoon a realtor called and wants to show the house at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. !!!
Hi Karen,

Good luck with the potential buyer. My DD & SIL have someone who seems to be interested in their B&B. We are all keeping our fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchy View Post
I finally decided to get on the scale today ~ first time since my new eating plan ~ and 10 lbs gone, gone, gone! Thanks for being here and sharing your lives.
Hi Fitchy,

I aM dOiNg ThE hApPy DaNcE for you!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
I got asked to play on a really good 3 woman team on the end of the month in the famous town of Butte mt. It shoudl be fun and I was kind of honored. Rie
Hi Rie,

CONGRATULATIONS! You must be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Helllooo GGs

Well I'm almost through Day 5 on the new regime, and so far so good.

Lynn - another one who has faced a hard truth about your health and put in the hard yards to make major changes in your life. I feel like I'm such a wimp - all I have to do is stick with my eating/exercise plan, and I'm pretty haphazard at that ... !
Hi Koala,

GOOD for you!!!!

Actually, it is the same for all of us – we all have to stick with our eating/exercise plans. Some of us just have a little extra motivation because of health issues.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #14  

Good morning! Don't have a lot of time here this morning since I need to get a few more things ready for the house to show.

Rie, I was reading on your post that you are going to be playing in Butte---I've been there! My Dad sold mining machinery and we would travel with him some for our vacations and he would still incorporate his work into it. But there was a little place in Butte called "Luigis" I guess it was like a neighborhood tavern and he was a one man band. Dad called and asked if he would be able to bring his family there to visit and we had such a good time! When women would get up to go to the bathroom, he had a speaker in the bathroom, and he would get everyone to chant "We know what you're doing." There were pictures on the wall where the birds wings would flap to the time of the music, he played the accordion, drums, harmonica and just about anything else he could reach all at one time! Such happy memoories from there! That is where I finally realized how much my Dad looked like Bing Crosby--- when we walked in the door Luigi said, "Hello again Bing, I see you have your family with you tonight!" Just too much fun.. had to share that little memory with you.

Good morning to everyone else and I will get back later but for now I think I better go chase the vacuum cleaner!!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #15  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Rie/Val….what a beautiful testimony, and what a journey you’re on! Nice, isn’t it, that a byproduct, so to speak, of improving your health and fitness, is that you now look young enough to be your grandchild’s momma? And it’s not just the weight loss – it’s that healthy, happy GLOW that you have about you.
Way to go, Koala!!!! I know all too well how easy it is to slip up…and off when it comes to dieting. I think the only thing that’s really kept my nose to the grindstone this time around is the thought of looking frumpy at my son’s wedding…with the ex looking down his nose. I can tell you THAT’S nevah gonna happen! It’s after the wedding when I’m going to have to REALLY fight with myself to stay on track, though.
Jane, you’ve had a “been there, done that…got the T-shirt” moment. I HATE those moments! You may want to consider what time of day you are weighing yourself, as well as the general weather conditions. I never, ever weigh myself when it’s humid out…and my rings are fitting snugly. I know better. It’s easy to retain fluid when there’s a lot of moisture in the atmosphere, and that can account for several or more extra pounds just from fluid retention. Once it dries up some…and my rings are loose again, I’ll step on the scale, and the results are usually more to my liking. I also weigh less after I’ve been up for a couple of hours and moved around a bit, rather than weighing as soon as I step out of bed in the morning. (Just a few little tips for outsmarting those pesky scales!)
Nice memories, MustangK….sounds like you had a wonderful childhood!
Lynn! A week off! Those are the best kind of weeks! Enjoy – and I hope your friend enjoys the movie. How dear of you to spend that kind of time with her! I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed, too, for the potential B&B buyers.
Good going, Fitchy! Feels good, doesn’t it?
Enjoy the wedding, Gayle…kinda funny that we’ll both be at weddings this weekend…
Karen3…how are you doing today?
Hey, PT….I know you’re happy to be moving from summer to September….I just hope that Autumn sticks around for a while…I’m not looking forward to the “white stuff”.
Mary, is the BBQ chicken recipe of K3’s up in the recipe section? Sounds like something we’d enjoy, too.
Hey, Bobbi….thanx for moving us into our new monthly home….
Marie, I hope you’re doing okay. Looking forward to seeing you back among us. I know it must be hard – doesn’t seem like it was expected?
Hiya Nancy – any new outfits to show off? (I wish I could’ve got my wedding outfit for fifty cents!)
Sounds like you’re having a nice vacay, Lyn…hope you’re taking pictures!
Rosey, hi…and wow, you are moving on down, aren’t you? We’re so proud of you, lady!
Back to work for now….have a nice day, everyone!
Z
Closed Thread