Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Just getting started.

Hi all! I am new here. I woke up this morning and just detested myself! I've worried about being overweight all of my life, and ...now I am! It's time to get down to business. I would appreciate any ideas or incentive that you can spare. Have a great day!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #2  

Hi mama! My name is Faye and I have a thread called Time for Serious Fun! Please take a peek and see if you would like to join us when you can. We would love to have you. My thread is about trying to enjoy the weight loss journey instead of dreading it. Loving yourself as you are so you can love yourself as a different person. Acceptance right NOW is everything and if there is one thing I would like you take from me it is that! You do not have to settle for being overweight, but don't hate yourself either. There is nothing wrong with you!

About myself, I am 49 (will be the big 5-0 in two months UGH! ), have a married daughter who is 26, 3 year old grandson, and single son who is 30. I live in the south, but grew up in north part of Indiana. My dh grew up in New Mexico and has lots and lots of family in TX so I love it! (Lubbock, Mineral Wells, Dallas/FortWorth, Waco, Amarillo) He was in the Navy for 20 years and is now retired and works for the city here as a Control Tech/electrician. I am not currently working though looking for another job just to give me something to do. I am on a calorie counting/fat counting program and daily 45 minutes of water aerobics. I have lost approx 90 lbs since January and have about 170 to go. I am a firm believer in sensible weight loss so am not too thrilled with things like Sugarbusters, Somersizing, Atkins etc because I don't think they are healthy nor do I think that they are something you want to live with for the rest of your life, which YOU MUST DO to have permanent weight loss. I never ever put people down who do the above programs, but I just have my own opinions of them most strongly regarding permanent weight loss. As far as the losing weight is concerned, try programs until you find something you can live with. If you feel you can give up everything with sugar in it for the rest of your life, go for it, same with the low or no carb diets. I just know that just like eating way too much fat or sugar, drastic programs seem to cause horrible cravings that seem to put a lot of people back to square one when they gain weight. If you give yourself about a month on a program and get no where with it, try something else. There are hundreds of things and one of them is right for YOU!

Good luck and feel free to pm me anytime. I would love to talk to you! (what is your favorite Bible Study? I love the book of Ruth)

Faye
Old 07-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi, Mama Welcome to 3fatchicks! There are alot of wonderful threads here on the site. I'm sure that you'll find lots of inspiration.

I post to a thread called "300+ And Ready To Try Again". We are an eclectic bunch of ladies (or at least no gents have shown themselves lately ). We are different sizes, different shapes, and are on a number of different programs. The one thing we all are is encouraging and sincere. Please pop by and say hello. We'd love to have you join us.

Hope to see you around.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:18 PM   #4  

Default hello mamabake! I am new too! Let's do it together!

Mamabake.,

I am new to this forum to and would love to talk with you. I started June 5th on this journey to a healthier me! Would love to talk here or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

hope to hear from you soon..Pam
Closed Thread