Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #264 Bale of Turtles Gearing Up!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles and welcome again to our newest member, Taylors.
I've had a good week and see the : in my future. I did my DVD on toning every day this week and even though it's only 20 minutes, it's 20 minutes more of toning than I would have done.

Princess, good luck with your changes coming up. You're focused and know what to do. Now you'll have more time to exercise.

Yes, Zumba sounds like so much fun. Maybe I can try that once I build up my stamina and flexibility a bit.

Bandit, thanks for starting our challenge. It was just what I needed to kick up my enthusiasm.

Life4evr, you'll get through this. We've all had tough eating times where we ended up not feeling good about ourselves. We all you and want the best for you. Tomorrow is another day.

I've gotta run and check my pedometer. It's great. It took in my weight and then translates steps into calories burned. What fun!

Okay, to all the Turtles, I can't respond personally right now, but I'm thinking of all of you and wishing you all a great OP day!
Judy
234.6/191/180's and thinner
Old 09-28-2011, 03:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Just poppiing in before I lay down. Will catch up on the reading later. Just got finished planning my menu for the next two days which equals me cooking and then having leftoevers the next day.

Well today was weigh in day I gained 1.6# I think. So I am feeling blah about that but I managed to stay on plan and avoided the fast food on the way home. Came home and made a huge salad instead. I got a work out in. I decided to try the EA sports active for the Wii, cheaper htan a gym membership. Well lets just say that game is no joke. IT was an actual workout.

Well since I woke up late I came no where close to using my points for the day, but I feel satisfied and not starving so I am not going to worry about it. Everyone have a goodnight my bed is finally calling my name.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! The week is chugging by pretty quickly! I have had lots of challenges this week with eating out, another lunch out today, but am making pretty good choices and not over eating or using this as an excuse to totally fall off the wagon for the week.

I did not get to the gym last night, stayed home with DH instead as we had some information to go over, plans to make and family members to call. He got the results back from the stress test and it was not so good, the blood is not making it to the bottom of his heart so they want to do a Cardiac Catheterization on Monday, if they don't like what they see then they will put a stint in right then otherwise they will come up with a plan of action based on the results. Even though it is a common procedure we are both scared and this has turned into a real wakeup call. For those of you in the USA that can get the Heart Scan I would highly recommend it, it is the best money you can spend. Our local hospitals have them for 49.00 right now and it was worth every penny and more.

Judy: Good luck at your weigh in today! I hope that you get the number that you want to see! I totally agree, Bandit's challenge has really got me motivated!

Life: Good job planning out your menu's, that is fabulous!

I have to run but will check back in again later on, have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #5  
Chick

Life4evr, I love what you're going. Weigh to go. The exercise on the Wii can be wicked---or so my friends tell me. I don't have a Wii but a lot of people swear by them. Also the big salad is definitely the way to go and planning meals, etc. will keep you OP.

Princess, I'm sorry your dh has this condition, but it is wonderful you have the information to figure out what to do next. Sending : to you and him to get through this stressful time.

All Turtles----have a good day. I'm going to WI in about an hour and will post back then.
Judy
Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Guys,
I broke the decade at WI today and I'm really pleased. This is working for me. I lost 1.2# and am into my first goal of being in the 180's. :
My next goal is to break 180# and hit 179# by Bandit's challenge date. I can do this. We can all do this.

Have a great day, everybody.
Judy
234.6/189.8/169 and thinner
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #7  

Judy - Great job on toning every day this week. Progress is progress.

Life4evr- Sorry you had a small gain. Keep up the good work and it will be off in no time.

Taylors- Welcome! Nice to see a another newbie in the group. This is a very supportive and kind group.

Lots2go - How are you doing? Hopefully your days haven't been to hectic. LOL I know my days are always hectic with the 3 little ones.

Hello to Bandit, Princess, and anyone I havent remembered.

Last edited by CherryAutumn; 09-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Hey all
It's been a busy week for me, I can't wait until Friday!! I've done pretty well with my eating this week, I haven't gone over my total allowed points (including my exercise and weekly) I've gone over my dailies but they're all covered by something else

My goal is to stay on plan today and tomorrow not eating more than 29. I can't wait to see the scales...I've quit weighing at home, which is VERY hard not to do! I don't feel like I'm losing, but I really didn't feel like it last week either, so maybe this week I'll do really well. I've exercised every day except Sunday since my last weigh in. Today we did bootcamp and I was sweating pretty good I love those workouts!

Princess-I'm sorry about your husband, that's some scary stuff!! I'll be praying for wisdom...
Judy-Congrats on your weigh in!!! good job on your toning...what dvd do you do? I need something to add to my collection
taylor--good job using that free time on the treadmill....every minute counts!
lif4ever-it's a new day!!! dust yourself off and start over You've got this!! i need to plan my menus for next week. its tough to stick to it when you have crazy days sometimes, but helps so much to have a plan! I often over cook so I'll have lunch the next day for myself and my husband.
Cherry-Holy Moly!!!!!! I feel like my head is spinning most days Monday and Tuesday are pretty calm around my house, but Wed. we have church and don't get out until 8 so its almost 9 when they get in bed...this thursday we have a skating party that lets out at 8...so another late night...wednesday is our early morning, my 8 yr old has choir at 7:30 so i have to leave the house by 7 or a little after to get them to school in time, but i have boot camp that ends at 6:15 on wed. it's a crazy life.....but I wouldn't change a things....well maybe whining, i could stop that lol.

I hope everyone has a great week!!!! It's hump day, lets make it count!!!! You can do this ladies!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #9  

Hey. Everyone thanks for the encouragement. Today has been good. It's my day off from work and exercising, so that's great. I did manage to cook just got done with eating lunch. Dinner is in the crockpot so I am good to go.

Princess you and your husband are in my thoughts.

Itryharder congrats on your loss.

Lots2go I understand that. My dad doesn't like my cooking. He has something against healthy lol. So alot of times I have leftovers. Which I have learned to portion and just freeze. I have to plan out my menu I tend to flip flop between working second shift and third shift. The weekends I work in the morning then usually end up doing a third, which equals me to being up a while. So no cooking usually happens then.

I must have missed something what challenge is going on?

Everyone have a good day. Sorry if I missed anyone.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Thanks for the supportive words@ You make me feel great.

Life4evr, in our thread #265 Bandit started a challenge for us to last the time starting now and ending with the last episode of The Biggest Loser.
Princess summed up the challenge . If you can't find it, let us know and I'll backtrack and find out which page. Anyway, it's helped get my motivation back and to think of the things I need to do most. For me the thing I needed to improve most was exercise. I just bought a pedometer and I'm using it. Very surprising just how little I move in a day.

Lots2go, the DVD I have is Weight Watchers Get Moving Mix. It's probably a little too tame for you, but you might like it. It has five different workouts so you don't get bored. Its copyright date is 2006, but eBay may have some available.

I have to run and get a few things done. Always good talking to you.
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 09-29-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi there everyone...today I woke with a humdinger of a headache.. not sure what is going on there but didn't break til later this afternoon.. I did still manage my treadmill workout but switched it around so that today was my day at my pace just a longer walk.. I didn't feel like doing it but read once that if you commit to at least 10 minutes within that time frame 99% of the time you can convince yourself to continue - I did but felt more like a protesting child then a this is good for me adult.. lol

Princess1122 omg thank goodness for technology but will be thinking about you and your family as you go thru this.. I pray for a positive outcome..

life4evr awesome job.. I love my Wii and do have that program.. as well as the second one they came out and both made me sweat up a storm..

Itryharder congratulations.. wahooo it all balances out doesn't it with this program

CherryAutumn - thank you for the warm welcome

lots2go I wish you well on your game plan for today.. I know how hard it is not to become a daily scale checker.. plus what that can emotionally do to you if it doesn't show what you hoped for so bravo on that accomplishment..

Well today I found out something disturbing.. Last year I tried out a program to lose weight and it was quite effective but in the long run it became costly and wasn't teaching me about how to address food in my life - more like here's a quick fix and hope for the best.. I did do good but when I reached goal the maintaining wasn't attainable because I didn't have the tools to know how to maintain.. needless to say I put 25 back on when I decided to join WW because of the positive things I had heard from my daughter.. What I found out today and I had suspected was a possibilty was that program had side effects -which weren't discussed with me.. my eyesight has gone downhill quickly and although I am 45 and realizing I am in that time frame where it's meant to begin to happen this was just way to fast..well today it was confirmed by a former employee that yes it can effect your eyes... SERIOUSLY this was not told to me and I'm just so ticked off.. I just reaffirms to me that quicker isn't always better and had I just done a slow and steady process of dealing with my weight issue maybe my eyes wouldnt have paid the price... okay thats my vent for the day LOL...
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #12  

Itryharder I will go back and look.

Taylorsjourney I have the second one. My cousin has the first one and she warned me, but she tends to quit easily during exercise sometimes so I didn't quite believe her. LOL. But yeah I had to apologize to her cause she wasn't lying.

So I was merrily going along my way when I attacked the sugar wafers my mom walked into the house with. I would have been fine if I hadn't ate the whole pack. And of course the first pack sent me into sugar cravings so I had another pack but I tracked and I feel okay. I dipped alot into my weekly but I will have some exercise pts. So I should be okay.

So I cooked the chicken, mushroom and rice slow cooker recipe. It was good but my chicken started shredding into the rice. That is the update for the end of the day. Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All! Happy Thursday..........

Ended up in emerg with abdominal pain Tues, after xray, u/s, CT scan they saw I have a bowel infection, hopefully it will go away with antibiotics, and if not I may be investigated for IBS, crohns or those type of things! Skinny people have those diseases!!! Not chubby ones!!! So happy thoughts for me that things clear up!!!

So Did walk 1 morning, and 1 aquafit, will try to hit he bricks Fri am. I haven't weighed myself but have more than likely lost due to the vomiting, diarreha and just plain ol not eating!!!!!!

There are so many posts I will never catch up! Welcome to the newcomers and hope all are doing great!!! We are a wonderful group of women and together we can do this!!!!

One thought should we have a weekly repoting in thread? And a certain day to report our weekly progress? There are so many posts (which is great!!!) just thought we should think about having a separate thread thoughts???

Have a great day gals!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you alll! It is another rainy and cool morning here, we are catching up with the lack of rain from the second part of the summer I think.

I am still doing good here with my food, journaling everthing that I am eating and staying very close to my 1500 calories a day. Really hoping for a good weigh in tonight, I need to find another last chance workout since it is raining I won't be mowing the yard so maybe I will hop on the treadmill or pop in a DVD.

Thanks for all of your well wishes for myself and my husband, we are very lucky to have caught it early and we have positive thoughts on the outcome so all of that along with prayer and making good changes in our lives should see us through this.

I will see if I can dig out the summation that I did of the challenge and repost it here.

Terri: I am so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles but very happy that you seem to have caught it early and will be able to get it treated! Good luck with getting your third workout in for the week!

Judy: Wow! I will say congrats to you for hitting your new goal but that just does not seem like enough... I am so stinking proud of you! You have worked so hard, have been so steadfast in your efforts and now that you are hitting new highpoints I think it is just fabulous! Onward to the next milestone!

Life: Good job on getting some cooking in and as far as the sugar wafers - well just dust it off and move on, we all makes those choices but you are strong enough to make it all work since you pointed it out and accounted for it!

Taylor: Holy Cow! A diet that effects your eyesight! How scary is that!?!?! Is there any recourse that you take to correct the damage that has been done? I am thinking about you and sure hope that you are able to work thru it all.

Bandit: Good luck at Weigh In tonight! I would imagine that you are starting to get your house ready for the cold weather and all, I know that we are but it is slow going this year. DS is going to come up and help me get some stuff done to the gutters, yard and garage this weekend which will be a help since DH is on restricted activity now (which he is taking full advantage of by the way! LOL).

Cherry: Are your kids in school yet or are they still too young? How is your week going so far?

Lots2go: Bootcamp sounds like a great workout! I step on the scale a couple of times a week and it helps me to know that I am on the right track, I know a lot of people don't do that and say that you shouldn't but I figure if something is not working for me then I would rather find out sooner rather than later Good luck this week!

Ok - I think I got everyone LOL - we have grown in numbers and that is so exciting! I am good with what ever everyone wants to do about the threads - Judy gets those set up for us so she would be a good one to chime in on that subject.

Edited to Add: I am trying my one new dish today, I am making the crock pot Chicken Parm. with WW pasta - I have the chicken in light ragu sauce cooking at home now and will make the pasta once I get home from my W/I tonight!

have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-29-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #15  
Chick

Princess, and weigh to go in including everyone in your post!!! You know you and your dh are in my thoughts and prayers. Here's : for a wonderful WI. And thanks for the very heartfelt message about my weight loss. For those of you who are newbies, I had been 188 last December. Somehow over the next months I managed to put on 9 pounds while attending WW mtgs. and counting the points plus. I had to stop the gain and am trying another program right now. I am successfully losing about 1#/week and am thrilled. I am less than a pound away from 188#. The lowest I've been on WW's was 185# and I'm very close to that. Long story-----but Princess and Bandit and Terri and Cherry and Life4evr know how long I've been working on this. I'm taking it a day at a time, a week at a time and a pound at a time. I can do this. We can all do this!

I'd be happy to set up a thread for reporting in our weight outcomes for the week. Since we all WI on different days, I'll make it for Friday. I'm not sure how this will work, but I'll set up thread #1 Bale of Turtles Friday WI. We can post there about our weight loss/gain. I will continue to write here since I find the daily input invaluable, but will be fine will also posting my weight loss on the other thread. This is especially true since my computer is set up to deny access to the ticker and I can't find a way around it. Lol. Rather ironic that I'm the one that sets up our threads. Lol again.

Taylor, since I'm using another method of losing weight right now, I sure would appreciate a private message to let me know which program you feel caused your eyesight dilemma. Ugh. WW is a wonderful program for most people and you do get lifestyle changes.

Life4evr, one of the reasons I love crockpot meals is that they are set it and forget it types of things. Actually having the chicken meld into the rice sounds yummy and comforting to me. I am so happy for you that you're thinking of yourself and preparing meals that will work for you. As far as the cookies, gosh---you're in your folks house and that's tricky. All I know is that you have accounted for them and had the points and you can lose weight this week. Won't that be great?

Cherry, you are sooooooooooooooooo close to 25# down. Weigh to go!
:

Bandit, good luck at your WI tonight. Always good to hear from you. :

Okay----I'll be setting up the other thread as Terri suggested. I've got a busy morning and I'll be away from the computer a bit in the next few days. Catch up with you over the weekend.
Judy