Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #39
HeatherF

S/C/G: Starting weight 220, Goal 180

Height: 5"8'

Default Hello from a LAWL DIYer!

Hello All,

I'm turning 55 in November which motivated me to get on the ol' weigh loss train again. The weigh has come and gone over the years (mostly come.) Three years ago I got down to 170ish and kept it off for a year before sliding back to those old habits. . . boo

So I'm married and we have a 17yo son who JUST got his drivers license. I teach art to kids and own a KidzArt franchise. I dabble doing my own art. We live in the Raleigh, NC area.

I am following the LA Weight Loss program. I did the program twice in the past with success so I have all the program materials. LAWL is sensible plan of healthy eating, similar to WW. You eat X number of food servings per day. The plan incorporates snack bars which is great for me cause I have a huge sweet tooth. Today I'm on the second day of the "TakeOff" two day pan where I drink a nutritious juice and eat just raw green veggies and lean proteins. This helps jump-start the weight loss and is supposed to reset your metabolism

I'm 5"8 and two days ago weighed 240 - I'm down a lb or two - yea! My goal is to get to 180 or 170. 180 sounds huge, but at that weigh, I fit into a size 10 and look attractively curvy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
HeatherF is offline   Reply With Quote