Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #1  
missjkd

S/C/G: 218/ticker/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Turbo Fire schedule

I just got my turbo fire today, so excited! I thought that it was a 12 week program, but it says 20 weeks. 20 weeks seems soooooo long. Does anyone the 12 week schedule? Or do I just stop at 12 weeks according to the 20 week schedule?
missjkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244 / 178 / 190 w/ muscle

Height: 5'11

I love all of Beachbody's products, I actually try a bunch of them and blog about them each day if you're interested. (msg me )

By the sounds of it, you're most interested in trying out Cardio. You'll get amazing results with it even by the time the 12 weeks roll around, so don't get discouraged that it's 20 weeks long. But if you're really looking forward to "finishing" a program in 90 days, P90X was what kick started my fitness journey. If you're looking for pure cardio though, I'm really enjoying Insanity right now as well, and that plan is only 60 days (8 weeks).

I suggest trying it out for a week or 2 and seeing if you like it, because at first some of the moves may feel awkward, but I promise you'll get the hang of them. If you still don't like it after 2 weeks, see if you can return it and try something like Insanity instead.
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #3  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

WOW such a coincidence that you wrote this b/c yesterday I posted up a question about turbofire & asking if anyone has done it & if they liked it & no one answered me

SO I'm happy to see someone else is doing it too

As for your question, I was thinking the same thing when I got the schedule. It is a 12 week program & the additional 8 weeks is advanced cardio & is optional. You can do it if you want to but you don't have to, that's why its called advanced, just an additional push.

SO i started yesterday, doing the 5 day Inferno plan and I like it so far.

Have you started yet? Write me & let me know if you like it! We can do it together

Last edited by tinkerbelll; 09-27-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: deleted a double word :)
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #4  

Sorry Tinker, I would've responded to you too but I just signed up today!

Hope you guys enjoy Turbo Fire
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #5  
missjkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne W View Post
I love all of Beachbody's products, I actually try a bunch of them and blog about them each day if you're interested. (msg me )

By the sounds of it, you're most interested in trying out Cardio. You'll get amazing results with it even by the time the 12 weeks roll around, so don't get discouraged that it's 20 weeks long. But if you're really looking forward to "finishing" a program in 90 days, P90X was what kick started my fitness journey. If you're looking for pure cardio though, I'm really enjoying Insanity right now as well, and that plan is only 60 days (8 weeks).

I suggest trying it out for a week or 2 and seeing if you like it, because at first some of the moves may feel awkward, but I promise you'll get the hang of them. If you still don't like it after 2 weeks, see if you can return it and try something like Insanity instead.
I was actually hoping to do Insanity after my 12 weeks were over. I guess I will see how I feel closer to the end of the program. So do i just follow the schedule up until week 12?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #6  
missjkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
WOW such a coincidence that you wrote this b/c yesterday I posted up a question about turbofire & asking if anyone has done it & if they liked it & no one answered me

SO I'm happy to see someone else is doing it too

As for your question, I was thinking the same thing when I got the schedule. It is a 12 week program & the additional 8 weeks is advanced cardio & is optional. You can do it if you want to but you don't have to, that's why its called advanced, just an additional push.

SO i started yesterday, doing the 5 day Inferno plan and I like it so far.

Have you started yet? Write me & let me know if you like it! We can do it together
Are you going to do it for 12 or 20 weeks?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing P90X (another Beachbody product) and I think if you are like me once you start TurboFire that you will like it so much that 20 weeks won't seem that long. I plan on doing another 90 days of P90X as soon as I finish the first 90 days. I feel so good getting daily exercise and seeing real results that I just want to keep going. That might happen to you, too!

If nothing else, I look at it this way: it took me 10 years to get in the poor shape I got into. If I can turn that around in 6 months, or 9 months, or even a year...it's totally worth it.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 09-27-2011 at 06:04 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #8  

That's true, and a good way of looking at it. Another way I see it is once you've started any of the programs (they're all winners) you can immediately say "I'm doing much better now than I was way back when" lol. Do you have a Beachbody Coach to help you out if you have issues or need advice?

Last edited by Wayne W; 09-27-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #9  

Turbo fire is so fun!! Once you get going, you wont want to stop.. But if you are thinking 20 weeks is long, just break it down! do what works for you! make it a 30 day routine, see how you feel or if you are liking it, then go on!! Its all up to you! I just did Fire 60 class today!! Loved it!!! Enjoy!!
kmckee77 is offline   Reply With Quote