General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default military wives

anyone else here a military wife?
I haen't seen hubby for three weeks because he is at basic training. ill see him on november 8th and my goal is to be around 133 at this time. i bought some jeans that are a little bit too tight and i really really want to fit into them by the time i see him. But then i have days like today where i miss him like crazy and all i want to do is sit down with a bowl of ice cream and have a pity party!

any other military wives on 3fc?
id love to chat with you ladies

Last edited by 100percentME; 09-25-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: around 13 lol meant around 133 :)
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #2  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am an air force brat, an air force and navy sister, and a 2 time air force wife. Welcome to the life! Which branch has your hubby joined?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #3  
one day at a time

army. hes just at basic right now, and i miss him like crazy. i was a military brat too so i kinda knew what i was getting into, but its crazy how much you can miss a spouse.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Yep. Mine is on his 7th deployment in 5 years right now. We're not video skyping at all this deployment because I want to surprise him with my loss next year. He wants to surprise me with his six pack.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #5  
~Kim~

Mine has been in the Army for 4 years now. He's been gone since late June going back to AIT for a new MOS. He'll be back at the end of October. I'm hoping to be a lot closer to Onederland by then. =)
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Mine will be deploying, but we never know when because they keep changing it on us, lovely right?

100percent - It is terrible when they are gone, but wait until you experience your first reunion when he comes home. I'm not going to try to tell you that it is completely worth all the missing them (and the worry if they are somewhere dangerous), but it is a wonderful feeling.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #7  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

My husband has been in the Navy for 10 years (we've been together for 8 of them and married for 5). Time spent away is definitely hard! I also find it really motivating to work hard on my diet and exercise while he's gone though... it gives me something positive to focus on. Brian was deployed from January to July of this year. He left 9 days after our daughter was born and I was really determind to get close to my goal weight by the time he returned. It was especially motivating because he had NO idea that I was working to lose weight. The look on his face at the homecoming was priceless (thankfully I had a photographer there to capture it. ) I'd be happy to share photos if you're interested, but don't want to hijack your thread! LOL

I try to stay really busy while he's gone so the time flies by faster... This is fairly easy now with a 2 year old and an 8 month old to take care of. Before we had kids, I used to throw myself into hobbies, work, etc. when he left.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #8  
one day at a time

^i'd love to see your pics feel free to post them.

i love hearing that you ladies have been through/are going through what im going through. it makes me feel not so alone.
i can't wait to see DH and look amazing in my skinny jeans for him

i have another question. i've noticed that i dont enjoy getting dressed up as much now that hes gone. I still like to look cute, but without getting to see the look on his face when i put on a cute outfit in the mornings, its just not as satisfying. does anyone else feel this way when hubby is gone?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #9  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I posted some a little while back here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/feat...im-baaack.html

As for getting dressed up... He's always gone to work before I wake up in the mornings, so I never get the satisfaction of getting a look from him when I put on a cute outfit and by the time he gets home, I'm usually covered in baby food or playdoh. lol. I feel that way about cooking though... I have NO motivation to cook a great meal when he's not around to enjoy it and compliment me on a job well done.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:32 AM   #10  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

AF wifey here
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #11  

My husbands in the Navy! Hes currently deployed...left early May and should be home before thanksgiving!!

100% me...I feel the same way you do. I rarely dress or even put on makeup for that matter since he's been gone. I acutally got a chance to go visit him when he took leave 2 weeks ago and that was the 1st time in months that I wore cute dresses and did my makeup. So my co-workers looking at the pics were like...wow! It doesnt feel worth it to me either when he isn't there to appreciate it.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/210.0/115

Army wife here My husband has been in the Military for 3 1/2 years! I'd love to meet some ladies who are looking to lose weight to surprise their hubbies! My husband next summer, and I am wanting to surprise him with losing ALOT of weight, and when I say ALOT i mean ALOT, ha ha. =) I pretty much have EVERY chat service, if anyone would like to chat
DeterminedTooLose100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #13  

Hey ladies! Marine wife here. Hubby has been in for 5 years now, and 3 more to go before this tour is over. I was also in the Army reserves. We are currently in Okinawa, Japan. Been here for a month now. The humidity is killing me.

Since being here I have had no motivation to work out! Since last years Marine Corps Ball I have gained about 25 pounds! The ball is in about 3 weeks and I want to lose some weight. Unfortunately I have no motivation, and all my husband wants to do is eat! Swear he never gains weight.
Laydeitrippstuh is offline   Reply With Quote