Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Today is my mini-goal

I'm starting my food journal today. It's also my mothers birthday.. My mom is notoriously unhealthy. She had quadruple bypass surgery 9 years ago and is, somehow, in worse health than she was before - aside from the frequent heart problems. I suppose that one of my points of motivation is to not be like my mom was when I was growing up. For instance, I want to want to play with my future children, and I don't want to constantly worry my family when they hear an ambulance. And I especially don't want to have my chest cracked open.

Today is my mom's 65th birthday and it's a pretty special birthday- especially since she's lived 5 years longer than was predicted after her heart surgery, but for her birthday she wants to go to a restaurant that doesn't exactly serve healthy food. It really aggravates me to go out to eat with my family. When I try to tell my parents I want to eat something healthy all they do is ridicule me.. But then there's my mother who needs to eat something healthier eating anything and everything that's terrible for her. She has diabetes and eats more sweets than most people I know.

My mini-goal is to keep track of what I'm consuming today and, by the end of the day, to not feel terrible about celebrating my mothers birthday with her. Obviously I'm still going to get irritated, but I'm not going to use food to cope with it today. I'm going to talk to my fiance before we go and let him know that every time I want to eat something to relieve my stress that I'm going to hold his hand or drink some water- so he won't be confused why I'm going all Hulk on his hands or having to pee every 20 minutes for the rest of the night.

I'll be back tonight to update on how I did.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Happy birthday to your mother!

You can do it! You can make solid choices
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Lovely! I did a really good job today, I think!
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote