Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 01:31 AM   #1  

Unhappy What's wrong with me?!?!

Alright, I'm getting way too frustrated with my body! For the past two weeks I have been working out twice a day...walking/running for at least 1.5-2 miles each time and nothing has happened! I haven't weighed myself cause our scale isn't working properly...we're getting another one tomorrow. But seriously, I watch what I eat and I exercise...I want to lose 10 pounds and nothing has happened! ( I can feel it...nothing has changed. It's very discouraging! I've tried running the whole mile, but it puts too much strain on my knees. (How sad, I'm only 21) Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!!!

~Michelle

Current: 134/size 6/8
Goal: 125/size 4/6
Old 07-01-2003, 03:06 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Michelle.. welcome to 3FCs
You will find tons of support here and many examples of what others are doing to lose their weight.
The only thing I see that you might need to work on is your patience. You said quote.... "For the past two weeks I have been working out twice a day...."

Two weeks is not all that long. Permanent weight loss is a marathon ... not a sprint. Don't get so discouraged so fast.

I think there are exercise threads on the Main Forum... you may want to go check them out too. You made no mention of your food program or the amount of water you are drinking. Both are very important too. PLUS... appreciation. The Attitude of Gratitude will help with the endurance required for permanent change.
I am sure someone will come and offer better suggestions... but there are two for beginners.
good luck.... and hang in there
Old 07-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

The best bet is to write down every food/drink that you take in in a day.......just be sure that there are no hidden calories anywhere. Also, make sure that you are eating enough too! (no lower than 1000 calories/day). The body can go into "starvation mode"- and slow the metabolism down if there is not enough intake. And make sure that you do eat some fat..... it also helps and is necessary to burn energy. Hang in there and good luck!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:45 PM   #4  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

Talking

I have been going to Curves for about 5 weeks now...only going on Monday-Wednesday-Friday...You need to give your body and muscles time to rest...You actually may be doing more harm than good...If you want to work out everyday....do a really light workout every other day....

At my last weigh in, I have lost 3 lbs, and 13.25 inches total (4.25 of which were in my hips and 3.5 in my waist)...I try to drink plenty of water (at least 64 oz a day)

BTW...i'm 23, 189 (according to Curves), 4'11.5"....no kids...

Hope I helped ;-)
Old 07-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #5  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I think your exercise is great. I walk 4 1/2 to 6 miles every day of the week and it has definately helped to speed up my weight loss. (68 pounds since October) You said that you are at 135 pounds right now and that is pretty small so I'd bet that is why you havent noticed a big difference in weightloss yet. I know that when I get down closer to my goal the weight comes off alot slower than it did in the beginning. Good Luck and keep working at it and you will get there. Most importantly dont get discouraged because no matter what the scales may say, you are still helping your health out.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone...I guess I just have to remember how I lost weight the first time...two summers ago my best friend and I joined a gym, however the weight didn't start coming off until I stopped working out...strange. I went from about 150 to 130-135 before I knew it! Not working out wasn't an option cause we were support for each other and MADE each other go to the gym. (until we both went back to school in two different states) It's just frustrating! )

Amber and Angie-congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 10:09 PM   #7  

Michelle, I do think that the less you have to lose, the slower it goes. I know when I first started losing, I was losing anywhere from 2 to 4 lbs a week but in the last 4 or 5 weeks, I cant seem to get off ONE! And I still have 40 more to lose so I can definitely understand your frustration, I get that way too. Like Angie said, tho, and what I keep telling myself also, Whether or not the scales move, I am still contributing to a healthier body when I exercise. So dont give up! You'll see results for sure if you keep it up.

Angie, I also started in October but I've only lost 42 lbs compared to your 68. I was walking 4 miles a day until recently when my sis and I bought some workout tapes we've been using. Each is for a specific part of the body and they are 30 min each. We do one per day plus walk some when we can find time to fit in both. Usually not the full 4 miles now tho. Anyway, I was just wondering about your eating. Are you on a certain diet or do you count calories or what? I seem to be at a standstill lately and it's driving me crazy.

Miki
Old 07-02-2003, 08:33 AM   #8  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I just basically try to keep my calories and fat down. My basic day is cereal and skim milk for breakfast and then Subway and a small bag of wow chips for lunch and supper is usually 3 oz. meat and potato and veggies. If I plan on snacking I will usually cut my wow chips out at lunch and then have a waffle cone with Blue Bunny fat free frozen yogurt in the evening. I have to admit that I had to stop doing that recently because I started to eat more and more in the evening and felt like I was slipping back into my old habits again. So this week I am trying to go back to basics and get my routine back.

Your stats are looking great MikiG. You have done a great job. I want to concentrate on trying to tone now but it seems like there is so much to do already with exercise,diet,weights,etc.
Closed Thread