Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #263 Bale of Turtles Up for a Challenge!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Lots2go, I keep olive oil and canola oil, 1%milk, I love to have ff sour cream to put a dollop on baked potatoes. Fiber One bars , especially the 90 calorie kind, are good to keep in your purse as well as an apple. In the summer, I like the Hebrew National 97% ff hot dogs. They point plus out to 1 ppoint. You can use light bread to wrap the hot dog in and get away with a 2point plus lunch. As I think of other things, I'll chime back in.
You're off to a great start. So glad you joined us. Let us know when you run the 1/2marathon. That sounds incredible.
Judy
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Lots2go - Things I have on hand are tuna, eggwhites, cottage cheese,
greek yogurt, fruit cups, cheesestrings, melba toast, whole grain bread,
salad stuff, popcorn, rice pasta.

On track so far & looking foward to my first class of Zumba tomorrow &
Biggest Loser tonight!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Where do I find this Turtle Group?
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Thanks for the food suggestions girls....that will help me a lot!
I did terrible again today. I tried really hard to plan well, but then forgot about a lunch meeting I had today at a BUFFET!! UGH I thought I was doing ok. I had 1/2 a baked chicken breast, green beans, and carrots. and i had 3 potato wedges and some new potatoes as well as a huge salad. The dressing though (FF kraft ranch) was slimy so that ruined the entire salad for me...then it was time for dessert I should have resisted but our table was right next to it i had peach cobbler and ice cream....if i had stopped there i would have been fine. but the kids and i had frozen yogurt for an afternoon snack so that put me over counting my dinner.

do you all use your activity points every week? i had 6 built up, but blew thru those today. i'll be working out the next three days so i'll build up some more, i had originally planned to not use them i hate eating up my exercise. but i guess this week....i'll use them lol.....

i'm having a rough day being patient with my kiddos, i'm not sure if it's because of being disgusted with myself or tom, or just fed up with disobedience.....it's been a long day, i'm putting everyone to bed early and watching biggest loser......ALONE!

Have a great night, i'll catch u all in the morning, when I wake up with a fresh new day/attitude!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #6  
Chick

Girlvet,
We're under Weight Watchers Groups and clubs. Click there. Our title changes every time we get to around 50 posts but it always includes "BAle of Turtles....." I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Judy
Join us-----we offer great support and friendship.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Okay I am caught up. I have gained 3# over the course of 2 weeks. I know it could have been worse but I am over 280 again so I am a little bummed.

Today was okay. I worked second shfit this evening. I had to hit up wendys after I got off because I was hungry. I had the points for it. I avoided the fries. I just got the ultimate grill chicken sandwhich and a ceaser side salad. Not sure when they got natural lemonade but I got that. So overall it wasn't that bad. today was one of my better eatting days. I still have a couple of points left but those aren't going to get eaten. Also I managed to rack up 3 activity points playing Wii fit. So today was a success. Tommorrow I definitely have to exercise, since I am going out to eat tomorrow evening.

Hope everyone is well.

Hey Lots2go. I am 28, umm in transition again. Currently work as a CNA for a home health care agency.

Hmm staples since I am still currently livw with my folks, long story it is pretty stocked. I don't have much to add we keep dried fruit on hand. Also I keep wheat bread on hand.

Lots2go I am currently getting back on track. But some weeks I used my activity points sometimes I didn't. I hate to admit to this but sometimes I made I had activity points especially if I knew something was coming up that I was going to blow my points out of the water for. You have to do what works for you.

Well everyone have a goodnight I am winding down.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I am in my final two weeks of my job so the lunch invites are pouring in and for the most part they are asking me where I want to go which will help a lot! We are going to a deli today which will be fine since I can get a salad and they have the most wonderful Iced Tea that is fresh brewed and with a few packets of splenda it is just like good old southern sweet tea!

I forgot to set my DVR last night and fell asleep last night about half way through TBL so I need to check online today to see what I missed. Looks like it is going to be a very emotional season LOL - which can get to be a bit much sometimes so hopefull they edit some of that stuff out and focus on the programs and helpful information type stuff that will help us all.

I am totally up for the competition so just to recap so I am sure I understand:
  • Exercise 3 Times a Week
  • Eat within our points/calories
  • Give support to the group
  • Keep a food journal
  • Try 1 new meal/recipe every week (on plan)
  • Drink our water
  • Make a personal weight loss goal to have, and the end of the show will be our target date

Is that correct or did I miss anything?

Sounds like everyone is doing really well and is ready for a challenge!

DH and I got our bikes out last night and had a quick ride around the neighborhood and that was fun, I also took the dogs to the park for a couple quick trips around and they enjoyed that.

I have to run but will stop back in a bit for individual posts.

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #9  
Chick

Wow Princess! You summarized the challenge great. Thanks! I'm all up for this.
Judy
I'm going to my WI in about an hour, so I'll come back then.
Good luck to everybody. We are doing this.
234.6/192/180's and thinner
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Princess - great recap for our challenge. If we can all stick to it I am sure
we will see some great results. I agree about all the emotional stuff on the show - so hopefully that will tame down abit. I find some of them very inspiring & others not so much. Bike riding is really good exercise, so good for you!

Judy - good luck at your weigh in - here are some "skinny vibes" for you!

Lots2go - I do not use my activity points, but keep track of what I do &
that helps when I have a good or bad week to look back & see what contributed to that.

Sunny day again, loving it since rain is on its way.
Zumba tonight - so will be shaking off a few calories!

All - lets all have a preplanned OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Lots, I don't use my activity points, nor do I use the extra weekly points. However, we're in different stages of life and you may find that you can use them and lose weight. I've got a good recipe for chicken with a sauce that doesn't tast Weight Watcher-y. As soon as I have a minute I will post it.

Hey, I did great today. This program really works for me. I am down another 1.4# leaving me at 191# with clothes. Lol. My challenge for this week is to step up the exercise so that I will lose 1#+ this week and be in the 180's which was my first goal. Actually, my first goal was to stop the weight gain. this feels real good.

Best luck to everybody!!!!!! I'm going to watch my DVR'd Biggest Losers tonight while dh goes to work. I may need to pick up more yarn to keep my fingers busy and mind away from food.

Okay!!!! Yay Turtles!
Judy
234.6/191/180's and thinner
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Thanks Judy I'm always looking for new "good" recipes!
I can't wait until my scale says 180-something! Ugh, I've been stuck in the 190's for what feels like forever

I've got to learn to knit or crochet, I've always wanted to, and I know it would help me stay away from food just like you said.

I've done well today. Hopefully tonight will go as planned. I ran out of fruit at home this morning so I didn't have any for breakfast. I had to eat a bagel, it was the fastest, healthiest thing I could grab. Wednesday is our early morning, I have to drive my kids across town to school and be there before 7:30. That's after my workout that ends at 6:15....it's a tough morning to stay on track.

I've got some chicken breasts in the crock pot with spaghetti sauce and I think I'm going to make some brown rice and call it good with some broccoli or something. If I limit my chicken and rice to a cup or so and pile up the veggies I don't think it'll add up to much. Surely less than 10 right?

Have a great Wednesday!!!
Rebecca
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! I hope that your day is going well and everyone is staying on track! I went out to lunch today, I did get a sandwich and an ice tea - I was going to get a salad but I looked online and the sodium content of all of the salads was very high (which seemed strange to me, maybe the dressing?) but their grilled chicken sandwich was a better option so that is what I had. At the very least it was nice to get out of the office for a while. DH and I are going for a bike ride again tonight I think which will be good. I looked online to see who was voted off last night on TBL and what I found did not surprise me that much I guess, hard to say really since it is so early in the game. So I have lots of eating out to do these next two weeks which can be rough so I will need to step up and do my homework before I go so that I make good choices.

Lots: I am counting calories right now and not points but when I did count points I usually eat my extra weekly points but not the exercise ones. Staples to have on hand: SF FF Jello Pudding cups and SF Gelatin cups, Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter (easier to spread a very thin layer on a piece of bread then the regular kind), Thomas's Light English Muffins, Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves, Fruit (the bowl on the table always has something in it), and bagged salad fixings. Hope this helps.

Judy: Great Job! You are doing so wonderful and a huge congrats because I know you are working hard and earning every single pound that you lose!

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tomorrow! Have a blast at Zumba too!

Cherry: How are you doing? Are you and the kids getting out much and going for walks or to the playground? I always loved this time of year when boys were small, it was nice to be out with them when the weather cooled down.

Life: Sounds like you are working at it even with the gain, that extra will come off here in no time! Have you been able to get out and gets some walks in now that the weather is getting a bit cooler?

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-21-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
We're doing great. My first goal was to stop the gain-----and anybody who feels "stuck" at a number for a while, we can all relate. My weight actually went up over the last few months and that's why I had to drop WW and the points plus program for now and concentrate on calories. That said, here's the yummy chicken dish I told you about before.

No time to respond to everybody, but Princess I love that you're looking before you head to the delis and restaurants-----you'll get through these challenges so much better. WEigh to go!

FRENCH COUNTRY CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE

4 boned and skinned chicken breast halves
1T. flour
4 shallots---thinly sliced (or onions are fine too)
1/4# mushrooms thinly sliced
2T. butter
1T. rosemary
1/4c. white wine
1/2c. nonfat chicken broth
2T. chopped fresh parsley

Pound chicken breasts to flatten.
Melt 2T butter in saucepan, add shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes. Stir. Add flor and stir.
Add wine and chicken stock. Cook and as sauce thickens, stir and add the rosemary. Keep on low heat

In a skillet, spray with Pam. Add the chicken fillets and saute on both sides. The chicken should cook in about 5 minutes if it's thin enough.
Spoon sauce over chicken and top with parsley.

I love this with noodles on the side, but any starch is fine. Cooked carrots are pretty with this dish. I have made it without the wine and it tastes fine that way too. Sometimes I get tired of grilled chicken and this is a handy dish to make for those times. I hope you enjoy it. (I also boost the number of mushrooms to stretch the dish----every bit helps.)
Judy
234.6/191/180's and thinner

Hey Guys, this is going to sound strange, but to lose weight I had to let myself get a little hungry. I find I can get past the hunger if I distract myself. I've been doing this for one month and I'm very happy with the results. Good luck to us all!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #15  

Ok, so first since I am kinda doing a mix of programs I have two weigh in days. I started back on WW on a Saturday but my weigh in for NS is Wednesday. So I will have to check but todays weigh in I am down -0.8 from last wed. (Sorry for all the confusion.) So far I think this is going to work for me. Not sure if Points Plus will work for me or not but I am going to give it a fair try.

Rebecca- or lots2go. Which do you prefer? I so know how it is to have a rough day with the little ones. Many times I have announced "EARLY BEDTIME" many times because I just couldnt take anymore. I usually do use my weekly points (not always all of them) but I dont use the activity points. I just dont bother to add them up each day.

Princess- I am doing fairly well right now and hope to keep holding on to the motivation. I hope with the weather cooling down we will get to have some trips to the park. Dont do well on my own with all three little ones but when hubby has time we are good to go. Thanks for the recap on the Challenge.

So what is the first step I need to take for this challenge? I am a little (or maybe a lot) lost. Thanks.

Hello to bandit, judy, and life4evr. Sorry if i missed anyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote