General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/165/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Default Who's that person?

The overweight friends thread got me thinking about one of my friends that I don't see to often. She is overweight and can get competitive with me when it comes to weight loss to the point where it's annoying. Since my weight loss journey, I have been looking forward to the day when we do run into each other and she is shocked that I look so good. I feel bad saying that, but it's sorta true. :/

Basically, what I'm trying to ask is are there any people in your life that you look forward to "running into" when you reach your goal weight?
Baicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3 & 1/2

yeah..like that ******* ex of mine, lmao ...oh & of course anyone who ever doubted me or talked sh** about my weight.

Last edited by PrincessAmy; 09-20-2011 at 12:03 PM.
PrincessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

My ex husband. There were a lot of things wrong with our relationship (thus the ex part) but when he threw the fact that I looked different after having a child with him in my face I wanted to kill him. Now, I realize that I do not want him dead, I want him to cry himself to sleep at night knowing he could have been married to a hot, curvy, sexy woman instead of the person he's with now. They say the best revenge is living well.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I wouldnt mind running into my ex (for whom I was never good enough). I remember when we first met he said he thought I looked like a Maxim model. Now I want him to suffer because some other man is married to this Maxim model. hahah ( I totally dont look like a Model, but I remember him telling me that)

I found someone I love ...and I had a baby. Now I am trying to get back to that "Maxim" look.

Last edited by 170starting; 09-20-2011 at 12:54 PM.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Haha I would have to go with the ex too! I bet most people have "the ex" they want to one up. I got a small taste of it a week or so ago... saw him at the gym and his jaw did drop a bit but it will be even better when I'm at goal!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Just Me. I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

I can't think of anyone who I'd want to see specifically. There are those in my past who I wouldn't mind them seeing my transformation, but no one really good like an ex (husband, boyfriend, friend, etc.), or whoever.

For me, I'm letting go of the fear of seeing my aunt and uncle who are very judgmental people. They were critical of my weight loss plan that I chose, saying that it wouldn't work. I lost massive weight and looked pretty darned good. Then I gained, and gained, and gained and dreaded the day I might run in to them somewhere..... they would be RIGHT. Not really, but they would think that.

I don't really see or speak to them, and will see them only when with certain family members, but they live nearby and surely there will come a time when we end up at the same store or wherever. Soon, I will not be embarrassed because even if it' is obvious I gained, at least I "didn't gain as much" (when really I did, but lost some of it) and eventually "maintained my weight".

I'm sure they've seen pictures of me and they are aware of my gain, but at least I can quit worrying about a potential face to face encounter with them.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #8  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

When I hit my goal there are so many people I want to run into! I wouldn't mind my ex boyfriend seeing me, my ex best friend, even just friends or family I haven't seen in a long time. I just want to wow them and show some of them up lol
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Just Me. I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror.
Here too. I've been there, done that the last time I lost the weight. And hardly anyone has noticed this time (25lbs down) so I am just doing it for me and the sake of a clothing size I want to wear again
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #10  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

When I reach my goal WATCH OUT WORLD. I'm gonna go on a shopping spree (I've been saving my macy's gift cards all year) I will flaunt my new body every where haha (in a classy way, i'm married, with a child) I want to plan a big beach vacation as soon as I get to my "goal" because I know I will feel awesome and I will get to have a real vacation with my family. Thats what I want! haha Off topic. but I think I will plan a girls night out with all of my friends from high school and post pictures all over facebook that I know other people will look at and they will hopefully think wow way to go Andrea!
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #11  
Forever Optimistic

S/C/G: 232/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Fun question.

Everyone but no one in particular. Currently, I've lost 48 lbs and the amount of play I'm getting from guys is incredible. When I started losing weight last september, I lost about 32 lbs or so fairly quickly. Then nothing for about nine months. During this time, I guess it wasn't enough for anyone to take me out of the really fat girl category. Guess getting down to a size 18 women's still qualified me as being a big girl. I recently started losing again and am currently 12 pounds post plateau and all of a sudden I am weighing 184 lbs and comfortably fitting MOST size 16 missy sizes and people I haven't seen in a while are gushing over how good I look and how well I'm taking care of myself.

Plus wow, I'm getting "play" from the fellas like I haven't seen in YEARS. LOL! Just the other day, I went for an interview at the same place I've been going to the doctor for years, and this guy at the reception desk asked me out to dinner as I was signing in. Now this same guy has been seeing me for years and has even struck up conversations with me from time-to-time, but he has never given me the time of day with regard being attracted to me. So a few days ago, it was like he was seeing me for the very first time.

A couple days ago, as I was out walking for exercise. Dang if this guy didn't almost run into a pole straining to get a better look at me as he was turning the corner. I'm like "dude" I don't even know you and watch where you're going. He was just a grinning and a waving the whole time he was outta his lane. Lol!

You guys I am almost 51 one and single and have been unattached for a very long time so I am having a blast with this. Right now I am half way to my goal weight with about 44 lbs to go. And if I look this good now, I cannot even imagine what kind of reaction I'll cause when I get down to 140 lbs.

Goodness!

Side thought: At that weight and being about 5'4" it makes me wonder what size I'll be wearing.

Last edited by Napia; 09-23-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Napia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #12  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I don't have a specific person, but I'm excited to go to my 10 year reunion next summer. I was always the chunky girl (in the 170's) in high school... well liked by everyone, but never thought of as more than "friend" material. I've been happily married for 5 years and have two young babies, but it will be nice to surprise some old classmates.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5"5

I want to run into my ex, who told me that he no longer found me attractive (right in the middle of sex), and later left me for another woman. I want him to look at me, confident, sexy, and thin, and regret that.
sassylime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Ya my best friend. I moved away over the summer and the last time I saw her was in early July. She has gained a lot of weight over the summer and I have lost weight. The difference is that last year when she was on the losing side she would make a point oftexting me every time she lost weight and brag about her weight loss everyday. Now when I lose weight I never say anything to her I can't wait to catch up with her in a few weeks and just have her see me!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #15  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassylime View Post
I want to run into my ex, who told me that he no longer found me attractive (right in the middle of sex), and later left me for another woman. I want him to look at me, confident, sexy, and thin, and regret that.
Wow, what an a$$! You are doing great, and I can't wait to hear that you made him eat those words.

I had an ex who was almost as rude. He'd go on and on about this girl he saw at a party that he went to without me (because I was too busy staying home taking care of our newborn daughter) to his brother while we were all out driving. He couldn't stop saying how hot she was with her little mini skirt and big rack...like I wasn't in the car listening. I said, "You know, when I get this baby weight off and can start exercising, I could look like that, too." His response? "Yeah right!" Said while rolling his eyes towards his brother. This coming from a guy who was at least 50 pounds overweight himself. Jerk!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote