Old 09-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Question Slacked off...bad. What to do? Need advice.Please.

OMG what a journey this has been. I started not too long ago, June 26th to be exact. 6 weeks from that date I've worked out for 3-5 hours a day (exercise classes) 4 days a week. Tried to do some kind of activity on the weekend from just regular walk up and down a local downtown (that sounds silly) to a 5 mile hike (I know it's not that much but I tried).I ate very good, at least comparing to what I've eaten before. I used to eat fast food at least 2 times a week, drank alot of soda&energy drinks and during those 6 weeks I ate oatmeal drank alot of fresh squeezed juices that I made myself and just healthy foods in general. Since it was such a big change to my daily routine I did have binges, not that many though. I would take a lil bite of something sweet and then I would literally turn into a monster(usually a cookie monster) and not stop till I finish whatever that was, a bag or a jar or whatever. I think I lost around 4 to 5 lbs during those 6 weeks but when it ended I slacked off. I couldn't work out as much, or at all actually.I, then, went to vacation. And worse of all, I stayed with my gma.(I know I sound like a total B right now but wait). She hasn't seen me for 2 years so she cooked everyday 5 times a day and MADE me eat. If I stopped because I was FULL she would get sad (yes not mad, but sad which is WORSE) and make me feel like crap. So I kinda HAD to eat everything. Long story short by the end of my vacation, which was only 2 weeks she called me fat. Like seriously? W.e I thought. I came back weighting 158 lbs I FREAKED out. Now I am ready to start again and I think I'm going to try the no/low carb diet. Anyone tried it? If so, how hard is it?
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:06 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok, first, you need to start believing in yourself. You're saying walking and a 5 mile hike isn't a big deal? Well to some, that's a massive achievement! Don't sell yourself short, you were doing the right thing in losing weight! You were exercising and making the right choices with food. And you saw results! So at least you know what works, right?

Binging isn't terrible if it's once in a while, but 2 weeks? Yeah, that's bad. You should have had the balls to sit your Grandma down and tell her that you're seriously trying to lose weight and are on a strict eating routine. If she wanted to get sad/mad then let her, but if she loves you she would understand. And her saying you were fat by the end was just ridiculous =p.

Remember, you could just be retaining a LOT of water and need to flush out some of the cr@p you ate while you were there. Don't drink juice drinks right now, drink a lot of water!! Drink it until your pee is clear!!

Get back on your exercise, get back on the eating plan you had before that you saw results with and keep going!! Don't start messing around with low carb diets, if you're exercising more you'll need the fuel!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #3  

I know I should've but she just ugh idk I guess I'm making up excuses for my binges...not good not good.
Why should I not drink juices? =( I love them so much. =(
And I'll deff go back to eating healthy and exercising because I really need it. Another question: do u think that the treadmill calorie counter is wrong? Cause today I was on for 45 mins sweated like crazy and it said I only lost like 225 cal? I felt like I did so much better than that
Old 09-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #4  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

The treadmill Calorie Counter is a generic counter. If you want an accurate counter try and get something like a Bodybugg.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointless2011 View Post
I know I should've but she just ugh idk I guess I'm making up excuses for my binges...not good not good.
Why should I not drink juices? =( I love them so much. =(
And I'll deff go back to eating healthy and exercising because I really need it. Another question: do u think that the treadmill calorie counter is wrong? Cause today I was on for 45 mins sweated like crazy and it said I only lost like 225 cal? I felt like I did so much better than that
You've had a long time eating a lot of food that's probably had a lot of salt, fat and sugar in for you to gain the weight back on. So a lot of this gain could be water weight, so it needs water to flush it out. If you drink juice drinks then there is sugar in there too that might get in the way of this detox! Just go for a few days of drinking water until you're hydrated (I'm being serious when I say until your pee is clear!) and then go back to how you were. You might be surprised how quickly you'll lose the weight you gained!

Yes, I do think the treadmill can't take into account other factors, listen to Ksquared and get a little trinket if you want to know how much you burn!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #6  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Apparently the treadmill calorie counter (and other generic calorie counters) tend to overstate things even when you enter in your weight etc. (I nearly wept when I found this out). The treadmill is one of the more discouraging pieces of exercise equipment calorie counter-output wise. I can run a 5k on a treadmill and only have burned like 300ish calories but be pouring with sweat and feel like I've REALLY worked out. But accomplish the same burn output on the elliptical for what feels like wayyyy less effort and feel like I've done nothing.

I'm still a treadmill junkie though. It's really difficult to out-exercise bad food decisions unless you have A LOT of time to spend on it. So try not to be discouraged by the number. If you're looking for a workout with a higher calorie expenditure in less time than the treadmill, try the elliptical or classes at your local gym or try higher intensity workout videos (think Jillian Michaels, Turbo Fire, Insanity or a kickbox type workout).
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Your calorie consumption is probably too high. You're already not big, so you need to eat relatively fewer calories to lose weight. Yes, fresh juice is full of good vitamins, but it's also full of calories and doesn't fill you up the way a piece of fruit does, so many of us avoid it. Working out 3-4 hours a day is a lot! That does not sound like something I, personally, would be able to stick with. And while working out helps, to lose weight, you really need to be controlling what you eat- less calories in + more calories burned. Maybe you were binging because you were being too strict and exercising too much (I know some ladies on here exercise that much, but I think most of them also built up to it and do it because they enjoy it).

You sound pretty young, if you don't mind me saying. I would really discourage you from trying a "no" carb diet, like you mentioned. Even veggies have carbs! Plenty of good stuff has carbs! I encourage you to think about tracking how many calories you're taking in for a few days and then evaluating what the problem might be. You can do it!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #8  

Ksquared : Thanks,I'll probably try to get that

Riestrella:It might be water weight, might not. Either way I'll drink TONS of water and nothing else

toastedsmoke: UGH! I know I really feel like they lie! I do have 2 Jillian Michaels DVDs but I feel like they are too easy..Plus alot of jumping, which I can't do due to my neighbors downstairs they would deff complain lol.

DezziePS: Yeah 3 to 4 hours was WAY to much for me and that probably was WHY I ate alot more than I should've.What do you think my ideal daily calories should be?And yes I am 19 how'd you know lol?