View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #89
FinnSteven

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Mock French Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
WOW!!! Thanks FINNSTEVE for these great pictures and recipes!!...Thanks for the inspiration to keep on going to finish this trek!
Thanks. Glad they are helping! Here is another recipe that really satisfied my cravings for bread & breakfast. Desperation is the mother of invention.

MOCK FRENCH TOAST (Köyhät Ritarit):
Perfect for lazy weekend mornings. No, its not EXACTLY like the carb & calorie heavy original, but this recipe is dang close, delicious and a lifesaver for those missing comfort breakfast foods.

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Ideal Protein Omlette (Plain) Package
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 cups shredded zucchini
Sweetener (like Splenda) to taste (1 - 2 teaspoons / 1 small package coffee sweetener)

Optional Add one or more of the following: 1 teasp Vanilla Extract, Vanilla seeds (from pod), Rum extract, pinch of cardamom

Directions:
1. Beast 2 egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. (You can add a pinch of cream of tartar as well to aid thickening. Not required)
2. Add in 1 package of Ideal Protein plain omlette mix until well blended.
3. Add 1-2 cups shredded zucchini. (I mash it down with a paper towel a few times to drain excess water.)
4. Add cinnamon and sweetener to taste.
5. Add any optional spices as desired (I use vanilla seeds from a pod, cardamom, & a splash of Rum extract)
6. On Med-High heat, Spray a pan with Cooking Spray (like PAM) and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan. (Most pans fit 2 servings at a time.) Spread it out so that it is even. I use a spatula to keep the edges more square shaped to give it more of a French Toast look.
7. Wait until the mix is fully cooked on one side before flipping or it will fall apart. (but watch not to burn!). Flip and cook.
8. I spray each serving with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" and eat as is. For those with Ideal Protein or Walden Farms 0/0/0 Maple Syrup, add that.

Surprizingly good. The cinnamon & sweetener transform the zucchini into an unexpected treat which emulates the taste and texture of the real thing.

As per other posts, note that some coaches allow egg whites as "free" additions, while others ask that you cut down your meat portion later in the day if you use egg whites. Use your own judgement. (I have personally not found any negative consequences from using them.)

"Like" My Facebook Page to Get Weekly New Ideal Protein Phase 1 Friendly Recipies with Pix
http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

Last edited by FinnSteven : 09-20-2011 at 02:32 AM.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote