View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Taylyn

Thumbs down New with questions

I have been a lurker on here for awhile and decided to join in. I have been on more diets than I care to mention and have started and stopped weight watchers so many times that I could wallpaper a room with my registration slips LOL. I can honestly say the one time I lost a lot of weight was when I did 2 things and that was count calories and give up fast food and processed food. I lost a lot of weight, had more energy than I have had in years, slept better, no more joint aches, no more "foggy mind" and wasn't hardly ever sick.....it was amazing that for the first time in my life I craved fruits and veggies and not sugar.
Being the food a holic that I am I decided to cheat thinking I could handle it and needless to say I spiraled back down to where I am today. I was struck by others who reported not being sick since eating this way and thought I'd ask about the other things I experienced to see if that was common among you as well. I also started exercising at that time as well so I am sure that was a added bonus. I just decided it is time to get back to eating this way after my last failed attempt at weight watchers. Although ww is a great plan I just kept losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over and am tired of feeling yucky basically.
I would like to know others experiences as well with eating clean or whole foods as well as how long it took to basically detox from the sugar as that is hard I find.
Sorry such a long post.
Taylyn is offline   Reply With Quote