Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 09:37 PM   #1  

Default Help me understand

I have been on SB for about 3 weeks. I have lost 6.5 pounds. But I do have some questions. I've skimmed through the book, perhaps I should read it more thorougly. But here are my questions:

1. I understand no white rice, brown okay, no white/red potatoes, sweet okay. I found the sugar in white rice not much different the sugar in brown. Also, I have found some rice, like Uncle Bens Long Grain with different flavors has no sugar. So, are those okay?

2. Pasta has me really confused. Pasta is made with semolina flour which is the hardest whole wheat flour. So, it's made with whole wheat. The sugar level in regular pasta is the same as whole wheat pasta. So can I eat any of it?

3. Many whole grain breads actually have more sugar than many white breads. Also many white breads are made with wheat flour. So, how do I choose a bread, just go for the lowest sugar possible?

4. Bisquick is made from whole wheat flour, so can I eat that? ( my sister-in-law actually makes pancakes with it and uses sugar free syrup and has lost 15 pounds or something like that)

It's all very confusing. Now someone told me it has something to do with how white rice, bread etc. breaks down in the body. But it is hard to shop not understanding all this.

Can anyone explain some of this? Thank you in advance.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:42 AM   #2  

Hi Lynn and welcome

Unfortunately I know nothing of sugar busters, but I just wanted to mention to you that you might get some more responses if you post your question on the sugar buster forum down below on the bottom of the main forum page.

Congratulations on the weight loss so far
Closed Thread