View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Hermit Girl
Wandering in the Woods

Default "The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step"

Greetings Everyone. I come here feeling very unhappy. Today I woke with a sad and low realization that my whole physical problem is out of control. How I know this is that I am sabotaging my every effort unconsciously. One day I resolve, and by the end of that day I have forgotten completely. Not just cheating, but forgot. I realize the brain works in mysterious ways, but this is indeed out of control.

Also, I realize that I am far too sedentary now. Sure, I may go for a 40 to 60 minute hike 4 or 5 times a week, but when I'm not hiking, I'm on the computer or sitting, eating, or feet-up-on-the-couch knitting. On top of that, I sleep 8 hours every night (always have though, even when I was really fit ).

I am shocked to realize what a sedentary person I've become as the last decade has molded me from a pretty active person into a very sedentary one. I've got to figure out how to better use my time, because inertia physically creates inertia in the mind, and cycling around, worsening gradually. I feel life is slipping away from me as I'm turning into a beached whale incrementally, though certainly not unnoticingly. I am so inflexible... it's scary. I mean really scary. I feel like I'm slowly suffocating and being crushed to death by my own weight. I need help , and going to have to make some decisions.

In a few months I turn fifty, so I think I'll just get a head start and hang out here. I really need the more secluded forums as I feel easily overwhelmed by the large main one. I did come here some months ago, introducing myself , but like my eating plans, forgot. I will come here EVERY MORNING now, promise, because this is going to be a long and challenging and very difficult journey, and I am going to need to hunker down with the experienced ~ and to just make the choice to be in control, every single morning.
Weightloss Journey Since April 2012

My goal weight is now the weight that puts my BMI out of 'obese' range , into just overweight, and I'm fine with that.

Last edited by Hermit Girl : 09-18-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote