Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/215/175

Height: 5/9

Default I want to start a team weight loss challenge whos in?

So I am 5'9 220 lbs and I am the biggest I have ever been. I have been on numerous diets and I have been excercising...a little lol What I have found in my experiences is that I tend to get really excited at the beginning of any dieting program or lifestyle change lol but then what happens is after the first week I begin to gradually level off and then the cheating starts and the lethargic man in me comes back. I have not accomplished much in my life but I have been okay with that somehow. I am 22 years old and I have asthma and a crappy metabolism. I have realised that there is absolutely no point of getting a trainer. I paid $800 for my trainer, I worked my butt off the first week then quite honestly I was too scared to face him again. I don’t think that it was so much envy more so that I felt that he could not at all relate to my troubles and though he was pushing me I felt as if he didnt actually understand what I was going through in terms of actual pain and cramps in my body . If you can understand what I mean. I guess most people would call it insecurity or ultimately another excuse to quit. After having a conversation with one of my childhood friends I realised that i honestly just need someone that can relate with me and help me and motivate me so we can achieve the same goal together. Thats what it is!!! Most people that do try doing this with a partner, it usually doesnt work out as well as you would think because your doing it with your friend or significant other. When you do it with people that are that close to you, you tend to not take full accountability for each other. I dont know how many times my girlfriend and I have done a diet together and eventually I cheat or she does and its honestly because we allow each other to do so. One slap on the wrist doesnt do anything. You need to be constantly reminded and nagged that what you are doing is wrong but not by some idiot skinny guy but by someone that can actually understand your emotions through this time .
That is why I think the best way to get results is by creating a team dynamic. This way you can have the comfort of your partner whoever it may be but the support of a team that will take full accountability for everyone. That means if someone slips up we give them grief because the entire team is held accountable for one persons action. As a team we can all achieve what we want together. Daily/weekly conversations/goals the hardest temptation this week, biggest obstacle i.e avoiding the free donuts and coffee in the break room lol that’s the worse .We can discuss alternatives to desserts that ACTUALLY TASTE GOOD!!!THEY GOTTA BE OUT THERE!!!Healthier alternatives and simple easy workouts that have a heavy impact on our bodies. The first goal is to get past the dreadful 2 week window of diet and exercise and finally see consistent results. Lets do this!!!
My challenge consist of taking a complete line of different delicious products to consume daily including shakes,natural energy drinks cookies,yes cookies!! and much more. This is almost a complete meal replacement challenge, the reason i say almost is because all the products are designed to make you full for longer periods of time until your next actual meal. I am serious about doing this and I want the people who do this with me to be serious, no slacking I weigh 220lbs and i want to get down to 175 lbs, so about 45 lbs. I know i cant do this alone I need support because this is not going to be easy but I have thought about it and this time I am completely ready to change my ways. My goal is to be in the best shape i have ever been in by January 1st 2012. So if you would like to be a part of this experience and finally change your life and not have to do it alone please message me. For the others that dont want to do this thats fine I UNDERSTAND, you need to be at a certain state of mind or point in your life when you decide you want to do this. This is a LIFE CHANGING DECISION. When that day comes I know you will take action and I wish you all the best. But I want you to ask yourselves, 30 60 90 days from now where will you be? Will you be on track to changing your life or still procrastinating? The choice is yours if you got something better that will help you get closer to your ideal weight as easy as taking a few shakes then please by all means let me know. Otherwise I AM READY TO CHANGE MY LIFE and start this challenge!!Whoever is on board and is tired of losing their breath while walking a flight of stairs or is tired of nice clothes not fitting the way you want or not enjoying sex like you want or just not being able to play any games or sports or anything physical at all because of the excess weight and lack of energy please message me. We can do this together. I been there and I HATE IT, I want to change. Will you be a part of the challenge?

Message me and tell me a little about yourself and what your goals are
thank you and good luck!!!
bigguy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Since you're new here, no one can PM you for about 20 days. (The newbie timer.)

We're all here to get healthier, drop a few pounds, build our fitness up. So you aren't alone in that.

If you're interested in joining a challenge, there's actually a Challenge area under Support Groups! TONS of members love challenges, and there are various kinds all over the site. So have a look around.

Post and participate. Join in. And if you want to make your own Challenge you can make a thread in the Challenge area, too.

Best of wishes on your journey, and hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #3  

thank you very much for letting me know all the best to you!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy17 View Post
My challenge consist of taking a complete line of different delicious products to consume daily including shakes,natural energy drinks cookies,yes cookies!! and much more. This is almost a complete meal replacement challenge, the reason i say almost is because all the products are designed to make you full for longer periods of time until your next actual meal.
I'm thinking that you are trying to sell these products to people?
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #5  

well you obviously have to pay for it,its a meal replacement its not free, you pay the same cost you would pay for regular food you would eat ,who you get the products from its up to you, i been trying a specific line of products, everyone would have to take the same products in thechallenge otherwise it would defeat the purpose of supporting each other and keeping each other motivated
Old 09-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I also feel you have ulterior motives here. If that is the case, shame on you.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #7  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
well you obviously have to pay for it,its a meal replacement its not free, you pay the same cost you would pay for regular food you would eat ,who you get the products from its up to you, i been trying a specific line of products, everyone would have to take the same products in thechallenge otherwise it would defeat the purpose of supporting each other and keeping each other motivated
I believe in eating "regular food" as opposed to any "meal replacement." I have done several "meal replacement" type diets & sure, I lost weight, but it just piled right back once I started eating "regular food" again, so what's the point??

I'd rather eat "regular food" only "not so much of it" & lose weight the "regular" (& sane) way. AND KEEP IT OFF.

Oh, and the 3FC forum - that IS the purpose of supporting each other & keeping each other motivated. It's what we do here... naturally.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 09-09-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #8  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
well you obviously have to pay for it,its a meal replacement its not free, you pay the same cost you would pay for regular food you would eat
Then why not just eat regular food???? You can lose weight without using a "meal replacement".
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #9  

well im guessign my situation is different than yours. I could, just eat regular food but then it would be like im on another diet. I dont know, today is day ten and honestly i dont love the meal replacement but i have gotten results. I have lost ALREADY 1.5inch off my waist and 6lbs altogether. I guess the meal replacement isnt my favorite but it does seem to work and my calorie intake is sseverly reduced beecause of all of the vitamins and minerals in the produccts. Keep in mind i only have 2 shakes a day and have one full meal with snacks in between which are mostly fruits veggies and usually high fibre granola bars. THe one thing i will mention is that when i take the shakesdurring the day i am honestly not hungry, I eat a fibre cookie in between meals as wel as fruits and veggies to get my metabolism going
Old 09-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #10  

The other thing i dont get is why everyone is acting like im going to scam someone. If you are wondering YES! I am promotiing this program because I AM GETTING RESULTS. If you are not interested then go try one of the other thousands techniques to lose weight. lol im not trying to be rude but its like the memebers responding are acting as if im lying and scamming people. Ijust want to say I AM OVERWEIGHT AND I HAVE TRIED MANY OPTIONS TO LOSE WEIGHT AND THIS IS THE ONLY PROGRAM I HAVE USED WITH MINIMAL EXCERCISE THAT WORKS. if any of those still think i am lying then plese msg me back so i can re-evaluate if i want to share my progresss with this site,thank you