Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting again

I don't know how many times I've started and never gotten more than 1 week into changing my lifestyle and quit. I will NOT quit this time, I can't. I saw my future in my mother this weekend and it scared the crap out of me. She was over for a cook out, is extremely overweight and could barely move about. She also has a vascular disease that adds to it, but alot of it is her weight. I already have borderline high blood pressure and am very close to having numbers in the type 2 diabetes range.
I will need all the support I can get, but I'm here to give it also. Just wanted to post where I know others understand
lisa2004ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Big hugs Lisa!!! You can do it, it's in all of us to do it. Do you have a set plan? I highly recommend leaving the 'all or nothing' mentality at the door and do some small, sustainable changes. ie. If you're a sedentary person, a 10 minute walk each night. That's HUGE. If you eat a lot of fast food, cut that out for the week, etc. Not ALL the changes you need in one week, that'll blow your mind But a few small changes you can live with, and it's amazing what can happen!! Then you'll be ready for one more and then one more ..........and then BOOM
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the hugs Trazey. I do have a plan of calorie counting and walking. I walked 20 min last night and plan to increase it by 10% each week. I'm also making healthier choices while counting calories. I am beyond determined to do this once and for all. I need it health and happiness wise. Also want to inspire my mom to make a few little changes here and there.
Your journey is so inspiring to me! I appreciate your advice.
lisa2004ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Lisa!

It sounds like you have a good plan in place. I agree with Trazey that a big thing is getting rid of the 'all or nothing' mentality. Remember that any healthier choice, small amount of exercise, a little more water, etc. is a step in the right direction. You can do it!!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Lisa, do you know where you can pinpoint where your struggles lie? Food/exercise/mentality ?? There is something stopping you from taking the second step!

Stay here and everyone will help!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Hey, Lisa, I really really do understand. You are not alone-taking it one day at a time really should help. In some cases, you might have to take it one minute or one second at a time. I know I have. I had to replace some of my destructive behaviors with healthier ones. BUT, for now, just focus on little changes that take little effort to cope with in the long run and escalate that after every few weeks. Take a multi vitamin, and a 10 minute walk a few times a week, resolve to drink a glass more water than you do every day. Baby steps make up a solid foundation-even a marathon starts with one step.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I can relate here, too, but I have to asume I am more in line with your mom than with you! Age-wise, anyway. Some days I like having an all or nothing mentality - on those days I can be "all." On the other days, I take it one choice at a time. We are all in this together. Glad to see you're trying again - hopefully for the last time.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

welcome!!!

I recommend joining one or more challenges - I find them SO incredibly helpful and motivational. Just pick a realistic goal - maybe even a little less than you think you can reasonably lose, and then you can surprise yourself by exceeding that goal! It feels amazing when you do, and really keeps you motivated to want to make the next goal you set for yourself.

There is a great Thanksgiving challenge going on the 100 lb club - that's still 10 weeks away so that would be a perfect time frame to get started!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...challenge.html
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #9  

Height: 1'7.5"

Lisa, how wonderful that you have made this decision, not only for yourself but also in order to encourage your mom
I am also restarting, for the umpteenth time and going the calorie counting route. As some of the veterans here suggested, it may be a minute by minute, bite by bite decision. I find that as good as I have become at losing the same wt. repeatedly, I know absolutely nothing about maintaining. Now I have to redo the first and learn about the second. This time, however, I am adding this wonderful, supportive group of people to the formula and I do believe it may be the catalyst.
I look forward to seeing your progress and rejoicing in your successes.
boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Lisa, Welcome! It's good to have you here. This is a great place to help you stay on track. Everyone's story is so inspiring. There are a lot of strong people here and you are one of them. Stay with us and stay on track!
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote