Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Default I fell off the wagon!

But I've climbed back on!

I had been feeling so good about myself and my weightloss these past few weeks. I felt like I was *finally* in the right head space as far as doing this slowly, sustainably, and in a non-depriving/diet mentality. I lost about 10 lbs in about a month, which I thought was really great. But then I got overconfident and stopped tracking food, just "guesstimating" 400 calories a meal. And I was still losing- not as fast, but still! And then I started letting myself cheat a little. Just a piece of birthday cake here, a dessert there, a no-holds-barred-bingefest-pizza-and-wings-and-beer dinner every once in a while, a few snacky-alcohol-laden hangoutfests every...weekend...SO I fell off pretty hard for a week, forced myself to weigh in today (my usual weigh-in day) and I have gained 1.4 lbs. Not as terrible as it could have been, for sure, but I figure I have now put myself back TWO weeks- it will take me at least a week to lose the extra, and if I had stayed on plan, I would have lost close to that much (hopefully).

I have to realize that I am not saying goodbye to pizza, alcohol, and social snacking forever, but that to LOSE I have to stop doing it pretty much all together now, and later, when I am at goal, I will be able to do those things within reason. Hopefully stopping them now will teach me more healthy ways of "rewarding" myself for a long day/week/whatever and the struggle won't be as difficult on the other side. Still, Samuel Johnson once said, "Abstinence is as easy for me as moderation is difficult." I think I may be in the same boat.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on catching yourself and stepping on the scale! That's the hardest time to step up there and see reality, but it's necessary.

Keep this experience in mind the next time you're tempted to start "guesstimating" or cheating.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

dieting is hard! I am also a huge fan of pizza... when I get the craving I make one using pita bread... low fat cheese and chicken or ham and veggies... I have one of those stones for the oven... they turn out great! I usually eat half and a salad for a total of 500 cals... I hoep this is a good week for you!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote