Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

Unhappy been a stressful week...

So I up until 4 weeks ago I have eaten very poorly (for about 10 years), I am 31 now. Last saturday I started feeling strange and realized my heartbeat would all of a sudden miss a beat. I have been stressing over it. Yesterday I went to my doctors about it, they did an average of 5 blood pressures which averaged 112/89 which is very high for me normal is 110/73 (give or take). Also my resting heartrate was 80 (which is not good), my doctor didn't really say anything much about either.... I just checked my resting heartbeat 4 weeks ago and it was 66. SO he is sending me to a heart doctor to see if we can see whats going on and I also did a ton of blood work today. I go on Monday for an EKG and an electro...somthing and then a week from today I will be put on a 24 hour monitor at home. Then I will go back to see my doctor to see what all the tests show. I am trying not to stress... cause I can't see that being any good. I feel good that I have lost 10 pounds and this is sure a wake up call that I better get my butt in shape! I am hoping since this all came on fast that it will go back to normal soon! I am very thankful though at the system that is in place here in Ontario that I get to see the heart doctor so soon, I only called yesterday to see my doctor! I just needed to share... oh and I should add my dad had a heart attack at the age of 33. I sure hope next week is a better one!!!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

A few years ago, my mom started having heart palpitations (similar to what you're describing) and it was purely from stress/anxiety. She was told to avoid caffeine and over time it went away. I can imagine it would be scary to go through that though!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi702 View Post
A few years ago, my mom started having heart palpitations (similar to what you're describing) and it was purely from stress/anxiety. She was told to avoid caffeine and over time it went away. I can imagine it would be scary to go through that though!
Yes I HATE this feeling and I am sure being stress about it is NOT helping me! What I find is crazy is now that I am not eating junk or having caffeine and trying to walk most days I am having problems! Though I am sure I would be still either way. I have not said anything to my family since every is trying to move on from the death of my cousin last month, I don't want to cause anymore stress for them.
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/?/150

Height: 5'4

I really hope things get better for you! This must be very stressful. The best thing i can say is find something you love to do (mine is getting in my car turning the radio up really loud and clearing my head and go for a drive) i will be praying for you
Icey21 is offline   Reply With Quote