Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #1  
Diva with a tude

S/C/G: 166/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Pushing through SET BACKS!

Hey everyone. I joined 3FC in late July and have been really enjoying it so far. You are all incredibly positive and supportive and kind to one another...a rare find on the internet.

I wanted to start a thread that talked about getting through a set back. Usually when I start to slip is when I stop reaching out for support and stop getting on the scale because I try to promise myself that I will look when I know I am back to where I was. How this logic gets through a thought process and actually put into action is beyond me. I know better! Its time to get those two-steps back (or 5 pounds) out of my head and get back on track!

I started my weight loss journey in mid-june and was really solid until two weeks ago. I was down almost 15 pounds, which is the most I have ever lost, and was feeling confident I had figured out what to do. Then a hurricane was headed for New York and I jetted out of town for a weekend of fun with friends deciding that I could take a few days off and get back on track when all the craziness was over. It seems once you make one excuse acceptable it becomes 10 times easier to make every other excuse acceptable.

When I got back it was my TOM and I started working on a blog with my friend (which takes up more time then I ever imagined! Sundayfunday-blog.com - if you are interested.) and the excuses started to feel like reasons and I started to justified away two months of hard work. Then the long weekend hit and I figured well I've been off plan for over a week now...what's three more days?

Yesterday I finally forced myself onto the scale and for a moment was surprised to see a 5 pound jump. The thought went through my head, "Your still 10 pounds down from where you started. That's good."

Then I got real with myself. I said self, if I start thinking that way I will be saying "Your still 8 pounds down...5 pounds...3...2...1..." until I'm right back where I started. So, I went to the gym. I'm not 10 pounds down...I'm 5 pounds up. 5 pounds I don't want.

So here I am, day 2 of back on track and feeling a million times better then day 14 off track.

What have been some of your set backs and how have you worked through them?
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

I just got back from a week at my mother's house where I am triggered big time for many reasons. I drank too much wine, ate way too much sugar and prob ate too much, I tried to journal but was only partly successful, tried to exercise again only partly successful and was just generally off my plan. Thankfully however I did not go up in weight from the week before.

However my weight did go up about 2 pounds the week before for no apparent reason, it was my first real gain since starting to change my lifestyle for ever beginning of April.

I do feel a bit down but the only thing I can do is to get back on my healthy eating plan, take my supplements and workout, which is what all humans should be doing 80% of the time! Also I am trying to allow myself to feel my emotions and inquire about them instead of shutting them up with food
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #3  
Diva with a tude

S/C/G: 166/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Wine is one of my big downfalls too. Especially when out to dinner with friends...then everything gets shot to ****.

One good thing is that when you do get back on plan the weight you put on seem to drop more quickly the second time.

Tonight I'm going to raise a glass of water (maybe sparkling water - ooooooo) to getting rid of these 5 pounds and back to setting new lows!
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #4  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Good for you for getting back on track! I've had some major setbacks in the last two months... My husband came home from deployment in mid-July. We went on vacation, ate way too much food, etc. etc. Then we moved with our two year old and 8 month old across the country. I didn't have a gym membership in our new city, so my exercise flew out the window and I lost all motivation. At one point I was up 10 lbs! None of my clothes were fitting, so I knew I needed to take back control. I joined the gym a couple weeks ago and have been on track with eating. I'm now "only" up 3 lbs.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote