General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default BUSTING SUGAR- Fall 2011

Welcome to our little corner of 3FC. We are former or current Sugar Busters. We are a small but friendly group and we welcome new friends! Come on in, grab a cup of coffee or tea and visit a spell!

Last edited by Ellen; 09-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #2  

Morning! Gonna be a busy day! Running to the mall to the lego store for some 'hostess' gifts for one of our stops on vacation. Can't wait to see the kids! Its been over a year! Then I have to prepare a lesson for my art student, and clean the house.

I am looking forward to vacation. We sure need it after the last few weeks.

I forgot to weigh yesterday. Right now I am more concerned about the number on my glucometer. Its coming down slowly, and that is great encouragement to me. I did cave last night at potluck and ate a small piece of key lime pie. It probably had eggs in it. Shame on me!

I hope everyone has a great day!

And I wonder where Mercee has gotten off to? Miss her..
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  

Oh boy a new fresh thread. Eating is good. I've just got to do some walking and just can't seem to get started. Need to run to the post office today and mail my son off a box to Iraq. I'm so relived when one is off for him. Other than that not a whole lot going on today. Just try to stay cool.

Ellen- When do you leave? Thank you for giving us a new thread...

Off to finish my coffee.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

I am happy. I have seen 139 two days in a row. That is a first. Maybe I'll actually lose the last four and reach 100 gone. Who knows. Yesterday I recommitted to eating well and not just within range. I don't want to get lost in the weight loss and forget that it is about health.

Toni...You are rockin' the weight loss. Woo Hoo

Ellen..Thanks for the new board. Awesome on your numbers coming down.

Solly...Praying that your surgery goes well and you are able to walk comfortably again.

Mercee, Heartmom and Beth...(((hugs)))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, happy to report that I am down 5 lbs. Eating has been good. I have stayed at 1200 calories all week. I even had a glass of wine last night. I think I will be able to make it work, I hope. I am loving the app that just lets me scan bar codes on food to add to my list. So easy.

Ellen, thanks for the new thread. Enjoyyour vacation.

Crystle, 100 lbs is an awesome accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself. I remember that feeling once before. You have to love your new, healthy body.

Toni, Good job on your eating. Exercise will come. I am in the same boat. It is supposed to be over 100 today and 78 on Monday. Still praying for your son's safe return. I am sure he appreciates your goodie boxes.

Last official weekend of summer. Off to a friend's pool today and another tomorrow. I hate to see summer go but it has been a hot one. Have a great weekend.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #6  

Happy Friday everyone. Been sitting here having coffee and being lazy. Need to get up and do some laundry. Its another horrible hot day here. Theres a cool front coming in Sunday so that will be nice. We ordered propane for our tank to get ready for winter. I dread it coming. But this summer sure has been a hot one. Eating has been good.

Crystle- Wow 139 is simply wonderful. Wow 100 lbs. I just can't imagine that. You're really doing this. It is hard to remember healthy eating is the key.

Solly- Yippee 5 lbs. is great. You've figured out what works for you. I can't wait till I can have a glass of wine. Thank you for the prayers for Scotty. It means so much to me.

Guess I'll go get a yogurt and maybe get that load of wash in.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #7  

Good morning,

My name is Lacey and I'd like to 'join' this group ... I have started SB's this morning (one of the FEW diets I have never tried) ... my reason for choosing this plan is a.) to lose weight and b.) to learn to eat healthier. I've been on so many diets in the past and have learned lots of 'tricks', but this time I'd like to do it without all the 'game playing'. I have lots and lots to lose, but my focus right now is on the first 10 pounds ...

Have a great day,

Lacey

Start weight: 224.4 First goal: 214
ASLacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #8  

Good morning all.. We're having wonderful cool weather here. I'm loving it. Eating has been good and I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. I'm so close to the 170's. Had a great week end. We grilled a pork tenderloin yesterday. Got lots done and had fun just being around the house.

Lacey- Welcome to Sugar Busters. Its great to have you. Jump right in. We're a small but nice group here. You can do it. You've taken the biggest step. Getting started. The board is pretty slow right now with the holiday.

Off to find some breakfast. Which will probably be a yogurt and fruit today.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #9  

Default Good evening

Howdy Lacey, welcome to the board.

Toni...I know you are going to see the 170's any day now.

Just came in from an awesome 3 mile walk. It was wonderful outside. It was suppose to be my day off but I didn't want to miss a chance to get out while it was nice. It is going to warm up toward the end of the week.

((Everybody)) Hope ya'll are having a GREAT week so far.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #10  

Yea I've lost 2 lbs. this week. Out of the 80's and into the 70's. I'm so happy.

Crystle-3 miles is great. I'm finally using the treadmill.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies:

It has been so long since I posted. I have been so busy getting my youngest son off to college out of state and his going away party and then just life. I feel terrible it has been so long. I have not been to the gyn in 2 weeks due to being out of town and a nasty sinus infection I just got over. I will be there strong tonight. I am down another dress size so I am still doing well there. Now back to getting my house back in order and myself as well. I was lurking and I saw Ellen asked about me!! Thanks for caring.

I see you ladies are all still here. I can't wait to catch up with you. I will stop by later.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #12  

Default Good morning

Howdy ya'll.

WTG Toni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is GREAT Mercee..you are doing amazing. You must be close to your goal now.

((Everybody))

Love,
Crystle
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #13  

Good morning. Just had some oatmeal for breakfast. Am loving the cool mornings. Eating is going well. Have started walking on my treadmill.

Mercee- Its good to see you. Wondered where you'd gone off to.

Crystle- Hi lady!! Hows it going?

Solly- Where are you?

Ellen- Hope you're having a good time.

Beth- Miss you too.....
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #14  

Hello from Boston! Enjoying our visit with my sister and her spouse. We have walked a LOT in DC and here in Boston. Today we had a late lunch on the pier at the fisherman's wharf in south Boston. It was lovely. We took a boat tour of the harbor that was pretty cool...and windy! I filled my digital camera's flash card, so we stopped at the Micro Center next to Harvard and MIT and I got a bigger one. We are off to New Hampshire and Maine for a day trip tomorrow and then we will head back to DC and on to Monticello and NC and home. Its been so much fun so far! Eating has been pretty good. I did eat fried seafood today but it was breaded with chickpea flour and gluten free! Lovely! Tom was very pleased to find fried seafood he could eat. I have posted some pix on facebook....

LACEY: Come on in and chat a bit!

MERCEE: Glad to have you back! I bet you are missing your son!

Congrats to all you losers!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #15  

Good morning all you buster's. Just having a few cups of good coffee this morning. Its nice to have a new week to work with. I hope to walk on my treadmill at least four days this week. Friday I go to my heart doctor for my stress test and echo cardiogram. I'm anxious to see how my blood work turned out with me eating so good. If it helped any on my cholesterol. Eating has been good except Friday. I had my first cheat day in a very long time. We went out for fried fish with some friends. And I'm so tired of chicken I just went for the fish. I planned for it and knew I was going to do it so I don't feel to bad.

Ellen- Your vacation sounds wonderful. Am loving your pictures on facebook.

Have a great week ladies....