Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Cleansing all of this garbage out of my system...

I moved out of my parents house about 2 months ago, and since then I've slowly been allowing myself to eat more and more garbage...I'm at 174 right now and have been stuck here for two weeks. I'm guessing I've probably gained like 5lbs (I can feel it) in the past week from all of the crap I've been eating. Last night was bad, I binged on 1/2 of a pizza, tons of hot cheetos, dorito's, fudge rounds, regular soda, chips and dip...I want to cry just thinking about it. My best friend who has always supported me is obviously disappointed in my lack of willpower. Today I've eaten nothing but hot cheetos and doritos. I don't want to eat this junk, I feel sick like I want nothing more than a big grilled chicken salad (mmm). I don't want any GREASE! The thought of french fries etc is making me feel ill.

The thing is, I'm usually on Atkins so my kitchen is stocked with a lot of fatty foods and I don't want to eat anything like that right now. I thought about ordering a delivery salad from a restaurant but I can't seem to justify spending $15.00 on a chicken salad. I don't have a car and it's raining or I would walk.

I need to go back on my plan, I just don't know if I have the willpower for it right now. Can someone please yell at me to get me back on track? I want to be 120 so badly. I feel like I've ruined everything and everyone (including me) thinks I'm a failure because I've been binging on pizza and chips. I feel like I can't do it anymore.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #2  

Well, I won't yell at you, but I will say that if you look at the two week's you've binged / overeaten within the scope of an entire life of eating well (which is the way we should approach any diet plan), those two weeks will not have a big, longterm effect. Get back on track NOW. Don't wait until tomorrow. Throw away the Cheetos and Doritos. You don't need the temption.

I'm a bit confused, though, about your point about Atkins. Are you going back on Atkins? It seems as though you don't want to eat the foods you have for the Atkins plan. If that's the case, you need to ask yourself whether the Atkins plan is really best for you. Maybe you're binging as a reflex to being on a plan that you can't stick to. Re-evaluate your program. Choose a way of eating that you know you can do for the rest of your life.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #3  

I tried a different plan where I add in whole grains, and it didn't work for me. Atkins (or low carb in general) is the only thing I can really do. I just don't want those foods right now (like usually I'd make a burger patty with a big salad and ranch--sounds too greasy right now after how I ate last night, but I usually love it).

Last edited by Linsy; 09-06-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

You can do it! Maybe try just counting cals until you feel you are ready to go back on the adkins? that way you can eat things you are wanting too? I have only been on this path for 4 weeks so I have no clue... but i do understand what your are feeling as I was feeling that way for years! I hope tomorrow is a better day and you wake with renewed will power!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #5  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

I don't think you are a failure!! You've done pretty darn good so far, you've just met a slight obstacle. You can pick yourself back up again, go over the obstacle.

On my end, I've binged like that ever day for several years. My Mom was always saying "go on, have that cookie" Last night I wanted something sweet, and I didn't have any cookies or chocolate or ice cream in the house.. I remembered the sliced apples I bought earlier in the week, and out of desperation ate them with a slight drizzle of honey. Well today I needed a snack, and I craved not the honey, but the apples!! And I thought I hated apples!!! I haven't had an apple since childhood, and I'm in my thirties now. And I haven't craved a bad food all day.

So I know you can pick yourself back up. Don't beat yourself up!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 301/283/180

Height: 5'10"

sometimes we need failure to measure success. i don't see what you did as failure but it does expose just how easy it is to self distruct. i think it would do you good to tell yourself it's ok and that you know you are worth starting anew. good luck. i ran a mile today, did pilates and then went to a pizza buffet. my feet hurt so bad i can hardly walk and honest to godness that pizza wasn't worth the calorie bomb.
pixiegotfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #7  

I threw out the chips and fried up some ground beef for taco salad tomorrow. I don't have any bad foods in the house now that belong to me (my roommates have some). The only thing is right now we have a bad pantry bug problem and I'm worried about using my spices. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

I really hope I can do this--I don't want to go back to where I was a year ago at 280lbs and miserable.

Last edited by Linsy; 09-06-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #8  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I've been on atkins before, and at a certain point, it becomes really tough to continue eating that way. I'm doing a different low carb type diet now, and it's tough too. It would really be hard to keep it up for very long, and you have had a long go of it. You've lost over 100 lbs.!

I read about someone on here who switched diets every few months to keep from getting too bored with food choices. It's something to consider. You could try calorie counting or south beach or something else for a while and just see if it works. Give yourself two weeks to try it out and see how it goes. It might break up your monotony. Just because you calorie count doesn't mean it needs to be high carb-- maybe just a bit higher than you're having now. More healthy carbs like fruit or yogurt or a little whole wheat bread.

The hardest part is getting right back on plan. For me, once I have that good eating day and fight through the hard parts, it gets so much easier. Even if you do get right back on atkins, it doesn't mean you can't still look around at other diets you might like to try for a while. The worst that happens is they don't work for you and you go back to atkins.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote