General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default Has your taste in the opposite sex changed the more focused you became on fitness?

I used to poo-poo really muscular men and would rather actively look for men who were overweight/thick.

Now that I'm working out a lot, enjoying noticing my own muscular changes, I find myself being increasingly attracted to more fit types of men. I noticed it excessively at the gym last night. The cardio machines face into the weight machine section of the gym and there was man there that was just IMPRESSIVE to look at. I'd say he was about 6'5" and *really* muscular doing pull ups right in front of me.

A year ago, I would have called him a meat-head and said he wasn't anything I'd look twice at... now, I looked twice (ok, maybe three times).

I don't know if perhaps, because I was so self conscious about how I looked, I looked at men who would be "in my league" or someone who wouldn't make me feel inadequate by them being so healthy and me being SO unhealthy...

Has anyone else experienced this?
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I haven't lost that much yet, but I've finally realized that I do have a preference for slim men. I'm looking forward to being significantly thinner so I can pursue this without feeling like a)I'm trying for people who are out of my league or b)a hypocrite.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #3  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

I wouldn't say that my taste has changed, as it's usually been largely about mental attraction and compatibility for me. I've had hot; hot doesn't count for a darn thing when, say, your dad's in a coma with pneumonia, and you don't know if he's going to make it. Awesomeness does.

That being said, in terms of common interests, as I've started to exercise, I've found myself hoping that whoever I end up with is into some of these active things. Because it'd be nice to have company, and, moreover, it'd be nice to have some of the same priorities. Before, I'd likely have dismissed a guy who was super into fitness as being too boring for me. Probably not now.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #4  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I think I have always been attracted to the fitter men, but I have never had the confidence to go for one. My boyfriend was chubby when I met him, and then we got fat together. Luckily he also wanted to lose the weight he gained over the past 2 years and is actively working out with me. Now that I see the changes in his body, as he gains muscle and loses fat I am getting to be even more attracted to him. That sounds bad! Not that I wasn't before it's just taken our relationship to a new level.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Nothing's really changed for me that I can say.

I have a broad definition of attractive. I find lots of people attractive for varying reasons. Always have. Hopefully I always will.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #6  

Good post! I've always like thicker men, and I still do. But that being said I would prefer a kind of think guy that is active and is into fitness. I guess it kind of makes sense that a guy that's onto fitness is probably not obese but I'm not into the muscle type guys. I like a guy that generally fit, with a few extra pounds. The only problem is those few extra pounds have the potential to multiply. Not that a super fit guy can't put on 100 lbs but I would think it's less likely since fitness is a lifestyle for him. And by generally fit I guess I mean a guy that if we decided spontaneously to go for a run or bike ride, he could physically handle it.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #7  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

My taste didn't change, but I felt like they were more in my league, so I suppose I more actively noticed them. Before I would just silently appreciate, but after losing weight, I thought further into it.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Actually- my weight loss makes me look at women more. I find myself admiring really fit women because I know how hard they must work. I wonder how long they've been working out and what they do and what they eat... men- I am not much into a man's body as I am into a man's self. (although I am happily married and have been for 13 years.)
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 PM   #9  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Actually- my weight loss makes me look at women more. I find myself admiring really fit women because I know how hard they must work. I wonder how long they've been working out and what they do and what they eat... men- I am not much into a man's body as I am into a man's self. (although I am happily married and have been for 13 years.)
lol I do the same thing! lol.

I don't think mine has changed. Im mean I can look at a fit guy and appreciate how hard he works, and all that jazz, but i find personality what makes me like someone.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #10  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

ive always been attracted to thin men. even though im overweight myself i have never been attracted to overweight guys.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 353/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
I'm bisexual so Ive always looked at women (lol) but i agree 100% with what you said

I use to be only mildly attracted to "fit" women and tend to prefer chubby women or "small/medium BBW's". But now i would say i find them equally attractive..

I saw a pic of Jillian Michaels yesterday when i was having one her meal replacement shakes (i was lazy) and i though "WOW! Shes beautiful!" the the other day i saw an interview with Jackie warner and i was like WOWZA! she is HOT! I never looked at her that way before about her!

I think i look at athletic women now because i admire their strength and understand how hard it is to lose weight/keep fit and i admire their strength. To me nothing is more sexy then strength, willpower and discipline.

As far as men go...nothing has changed lol

I always preferred much taller,older men (50's and 60's) with meat on their bones. Ex. my biggest celebrity crush is Lewis Black and my husband is 59 years olds and hovers around 300lbs.

Ive always looked at muscular men the same way I look at anorexic women for some reason... to me seeing muscular men i feel like they have an obsessive personality. which is not healthy...it just doesn't look healthy to me at all.

I don't know why I have the double standard...I just do lol
TyZzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

These days, I appreciate muscles on any living thing. Not just men and women. Even on dogs and horses. (I saw the post parade for the Belmont Stakes several months ago & was looking at the race horses, in particular, at the groove in their hindquarters where the muscles are cut.) This is not sexual, exactly -- it's a new, heightened awareness of how all kinds of bodies are formed with movement in mind. It has changed my aesthetic. I'm becoming more of a minimalist than a maximalist, more Shaker than High Victorian.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #13  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

When I was younger, heavier and less confident, I really liked skinny men and poo-pooed men with more than like, 15% body fat or men who were super muscular. Now that I am older, lighter and more confident I find myself more attracted to men who appear stronger and more solid in build. Still not interested in chubby/overweight/thick guys at all though.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/198/130

I have to say that I do admire fit men more than I did before I started exercising myself.

As for finding them more attractive than other less fit men, I still don't. I know that men have simply ignored me because of my weight. It feels really bad and I never want to make anyone feel like that. This experience in my life has made me really tune into a guy's personality, humor, and wit more than his looks.

I do believe everyone has a right to their own tastes in men and women. I admire both fit men and women and know that they work hard. I have a massive crush on a guy right now and he's thin. I would still have the crush even if he was fat.
redbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #15  

I'm still attracted to the stronger, more muscular men. I don't think that'll change with my weight loss - what might change is that they'll be "in my league" now. The guys "in my league" are usually the overweight (and totally happy to be there) guys because the guys I am attracted to, aren't attracted to fat.

I had a fling with a body builder once.. oh that was so nice. Bench pressed 400 lbs. *sighs dreamily*

Physical attributes are a turn on for me but they certainly aren't the WHOLE package. There has to be some brains for all that brawn.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote