Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 09-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default Lost a person :)

Hi
I have been trying to decide whether I fit in the maintainers area, and have come to the conclusion that I do. I began my journey at 298lbs in April 2010. In July 2011 I reached my goal of 153, and have hovered around 151 since.
In my head I would like to get to 145, but everyone- family, friends etc tell me I don't need to lose more.
So I am going to try to maintain and hope I will get as much advice and support here as I have had in the 100 club- awesome women
I lost the weight by doing an adapted version of the Dukan diet (low carb, low fat). I have been playing with different foods lately, and have noticed that adding in some extra fat has actually helped me maintain?? Weird, but interesting.
I have some issues with loose skin. My stomach, arms and legs could do with being lifted, but at 44 I don't see the purpose The thing I would say is perhaps the loose skin is the reason I still feel the need to lose? I guess this is the most complicated part of the journey
Sam x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Sam,
Welcome!
Wow!! Congrats on your weight loss. What an amazing transformation in such a short time. Truly incredible.

I am your age and also had some loose skin, though I didn't lose as much as you. My skin has definitely tightened up over the last couple of years so it doesn't bother me as much as it did. I suspect yours will tighten up to some extent with time and exercise, though I'm sure you'll still have some left. Were you always overweight? Have you had kids? My understanding is that if you've been overweight for a long time, and have had kids (plus genetics), you may have more issues with loose skin.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote