Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/140/130

Height: 5'6.5

Default Low Cal/Low-ish Carb Turkey Taco Wrap

I had a major craving for Mexican, and right now am doing a low cal/low carb (not induction low) diet with high protein. So I decided on a taco turkey wrap!

Tortilla wrap (low cal and low carb)
Ground lean turkey (99% fat free)
Fat free sour cream
Salsa
Lettuce
Taco seasoning

Using non-fat cooking oil spray on the skillet, I browned the ground turkey and added a packet of taco seasoning. I prepared it like regular taco meat. Once it had cooked and cooled I spread a tsp of fat free sour cream on the middle of the wrap, 2 tbsp of salsa (you can add more if you want), lots of lettuce and about 4oz of the turkey. SOOO GOOD! Tasted great, fixed my mexican craving, and is pretty guiltless whether you are doing low carb or low cal! And I had plenty left over, I can probably make two or three more wraps out of it. Quick, filling and yummy
SoFlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Love it! This is totally a go to standard for me!!! I love ground turkey meat and I love tacos! I often turn it into a salad with LOTS of lettuce, tomatoes, FatFree sourcream as the "dressing" and I toast a corn tortilla in the toaster oven until it gets lightly browned and dried out a bit, then I crumble it up like chips.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 159/140/130

Height: 5'6.5

Ooo I'm definitely trying that salad idea!
SoFlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #4  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

This sounds great!! I have done something similar to this where I put the wrap in the oven on a cooling rack thats been placed on a cookie sheet so that the air circulates the wrap. It crisps up great and then you have a tostada that you can top with turkey, black beans (whole or mashed yourself, I can even find fat free canned "refried" black beans that aren't horrible for you because there is no lard involved!) and other veggies & salsa. Adding low sodium black beans or fat free refried beans really ups the filling quality of the meal plus protein!

Going to make some ground turkey "taco" wraps tomorrow I think! Yum!

Last edited by steinanwine; 09-04-2011 at 06:11 PM.
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote