Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #356

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME
Old 06-25-2003, 12:52 PM   #2  

Good afternoon (or morning whichever area of the country you are) to all!

2Cute: I am so sorry about your loss. Feel free to come in and chat with us anytime you need. I am all ears and you are in my prayers. Friday (the 27th) will be 11 years since I lost my father to lung cancer, and it is still a rough day for me even now.

Another Ozone Action Day here in my part of PA; for those of you that don't know what that is, it usually means to wait till evening to do yard work, don't top off your gas tanks, take buses or other public transportation, and don't overcool your home/office. Common sense things, really. We are headed for the 90s at a quick pace today.

Still no TOM today I am definitely going to get a prego test kit just to make sure. Much as I want a child, this isn't the time, especially since I am considering WLS and Bri is still in school.

MY APARTMENT PASSED INSPECTION! Thank goodness that is over for another year.

No loss this week, but no gain either. Much fluid as I have been drinking today and the heat, I don't plan to venture very far outside either
Old 06-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy

2Cute-I'm so sorry to hear about your father. We are all here for you. Take care of yourself, our prayers are with you. We will be here waiting for your return.

Everyone else-I just wanted to thank you for all the great encouragement on my loss. I really appreciate it. I keep shaking my head thinking I've already lost 24lbs and so far I haven't really found it that difficult. Could it be that I'm finally figuring out what I have to do to lose weight??? I hope so. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well and staying OP. Have a great day.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #4  

Question Who was looking for the WATP tapes?

I can't remember who was looking for them, but I saw a full set on eBay and I thought I would let you know. The auction closes in about 3 days. Here is the item # 3333901546 I'm not sure, I think it may have been Connie???? By the way, Connie, where are you???

Old 06-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #5  
A Work In Progress

I just had to come out of lurking to say that I am so sorry for your loss 2cute. You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip sweetie and take care of you.
Hugs,
Tracy
Old 06-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #6  

2Cute: I am sorry for your loss. {{{{Big Hugs}}}} sent your way. I am sure your dad knew you loved him dearly, remember that always.

Love,
Sandy
Old 06-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #7  
Belly Dancing Diva

Default I'm sorry

2Cute, you don't know who I am, but I just wanted to add my condolences and sympathies about your dad. My grandpa, who was like my father (since I don't have a real father), just died last week, so I know what you're going through. I know nothing can be said to make things feel better, but know that he loves you dearly, and will always be there for you, even if you can't physically see him.

-Peekaboo
Old 06-25-2003, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

I know I haven't been around much lately, but I wanted to send my condolences to 2Cute- sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough it must be to lose a parent, but at least he went peacefully.
Diet hasn't been going as well this month. I've kind of slacked off so I'm not looking to see any loss when I get weighed and measured on the 28th. I am ready to get back on track though. And for whoever asked, it is me who is doing Curves. The past couple of weeks have been very hectic so I haven't been going as much as I would like to. Well gotta feed the family.
Steph
Old 06-25-2003, 07:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

2Cute - I am so sorry about your father. Know that we're all here praying for you and your family during this time. I lost my father unexpectedly in December. Just take care of yourself, your kids and your mom. I found comfort in knowing that while grief and death was now a part of my life, I knew that God intends for us to tend to the living. Those that have passed on will always be part of our heart because it was because of them that we turn out to be who we are.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:51 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Just a quickie here...

2Cute...I too am sorry for your loss....but please know that he is at peace and our prayers are with you and your family!

Barb...was it you? The ricotta cheese recipe is soo soo simple...I did the vanilla twice to day...once for breakfast and once for snack after work.

1/2 cup part skim riccotta cheese
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pkt nutrasweet

Just stir it all together and enjoy! I love it...I am hooked...I'll get the other flavor recipes together and post them later. One is a mocha and one is lime zest. Yummmm.....

Ok gotta get in the shower now and get me ready for work in the morning...job is going good so far!

TTFN Michelle
Old 06-25-2003, 09:29 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

2cute: I was really sorry to get on here and find the bad news about your dad. [[[hugs]]] I sure hope you have a safe trip to Missouri. And also that you find comfort in the fact that he is now at peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Michelle, it was me with the SBD.

DH bought the book today. Lots of good looking recipes.

DH's sugar was 79 this morning. The doctor's office called yesterday and said that if his sugar wasn't improved in the next two months, he would have to go to insulin. I called today to tell them we are doing this and that his sugar has been in the 70's for three days now. This is an absolute first since we found out about his diabetes five years ago. DH is psyched now!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:15 PM   #13  

Guess what--happy news..well in my case!!!!!

MY TOM STARTED TONIGHT!!!!!!

Talk about being relieved...guess I won't have to go get that preg test after all I think Bri was a bit disappointed though; but it is best to wait until we are both on solid ground before having a child.

Still 76 degrees tonight and muggy; how is the rest of the country?

Hang in there 2Cute...we you!
Old 06-26-2003, 04:24 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies!!

I've been out of touch for a couple of days - took some vacation time at work Mon and Tues.

I am really behind so instead of individual posts I'll just say that I hope you all are having a good week and congrats to those of you that are celebrating losses and getting the exercise in.

The heat and humidity is settling in here ; I'm ready for a dip in the creek.

I got a little shopping in while I was off, otherwise I just stayed home and vegged out in front of the tv. Did ok with food, except for the peanut butter and graham crackers (I thought I could handle that stuff, yeah right).

I am really starting to feel my weight loss and people are noticing! My seatbelt fits now!!! My bras are getting loose!! My panties are getting loose!! I don't get so out of breath!!

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!

On that note, I will get outta here and head for home.

Have a good OP day everybody.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:31 AM   #15  

Default One more thing......

Daddy is home now (his wife's house); he's doing ok, so far he is sticking to his low salt diet, but he still complains about it. I think he is have a small pity party.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Closed Thread