Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #1  

Default I Hate Being The Fat Friend

One thing I hate about being overweight is the fact that I am always the fat one out of all of my friends. It makes me feel so self conscious, like I just want to go somewhere and hide from the world!
sexychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Use that as your motivation to stay on plan!!!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I've always hated that too. I agree, use it as motivation!!!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #4  

@preciousmissy thank you
sexychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #5  

Being the fat friend makes me even not to want bother going out most of the time. This shouldn't be the way, im 21.

Yeah nothing motivates me more than the day when one of my friends IS the fat one.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Saaammmmeeee heeerrrreeeee! It seems like I always get along with the thinner girls better than the curvy ones. Oh well, when I get paid on monday I'm going to get Intensity and work my booty off so that I can be the hottest little Eskimo at my friends halloween party! I can't wait to be one of the 'normal' sized friends and not get noticed just because I'm bigger.
IrishIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

.....And when you go out with your totally hot friend and the men just flock around her from the second you walk in the door, and next thing you know you're sitting alone like a lonely little pathetic wallflower......I'm married so, it's not like I'm looking to meet anyone, but it's still nice to be noticed, and that made me feel really bad! I actually stopped going out with that friend because of that, unless it was something with our kids or the movies or something. It's one thing to not be noticed, and something else to be totally ignored because she's enjoying the attention way too much, and seemed to enjoy being the pretty one way too much. Insensitive.

I've kind of avoided the social scene for awhile. However, now I go out with some new friends, I'm not *the* fat friend. I'm one of the girls because we're all fat, but I hope to be the thin friend soon!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 136/123/110

Height: 5'2

Even though, I am not overweight by most standards. I am still the fat friend. I totally get it.
Loli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/180/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I totally understand. I can't wait to at least be the normal size friend.
hometowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I've been the fat friend, the skinny friend, the in-between friend. The important thing is this: STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO YOUR FRIENDS. Learn to make peace with your body while at the same time, loving it enough to do what's good & healthy for it. Enjoy your time out, no matter who else is there, and work on your self-esteem. Remember that you are MORE than "just a body". You have a mind, a heart, a spirit, all the things that make up "wonderful you."

NEVER LET YOUR BODY IMAGE STOP YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN YOUR OWN LIFE. (Trust me, that's good advice!)

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

I know how you feel. I have been struggling with my weight for 15 years. Within that time, I have been the fat friend, sister and mom. First off you need to know, you are beautiful inside and out. Don't let your weight get to you. Be happy with yourself, lose the weight and never look back.

I started my new lifestyle 2 months ago today. I have accomplished a lot in that time frame. As of today, I have lost 30 lbs, gained confidence, energy and started training for a 5k (which is in 3 weeks!). I haven't been this happy in a long time. Keep pushing forward, and ask yourself each day "what do I want more?" You will do great!
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #12  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm with BeachPatrol. Stop comparing yourself. Everyone is different, everyone is unique, everyone is sexy in their own way. You just have to find your sexy. Be confident, let your personality shine.

Honestly. I've gotten a lot more attention than my "skinny" friends because I'm so confident with who I am.

Let it work FOR you, not against you. Use it as your motivation.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I've been the fat friend, the skinny friend, the in-between friend. The important thing is this: STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO YOUR FRIENDS. Learn to make peace with your body while at the same time, loving it enough to do what's good & healthy for it. Enjoy your time out, no matter who else is there, and work on your self-esteem. Remember that you are MORE than "just a body". You have a mind, a heart, a spirit, all the things that make up "wonderful you."

NEVER LET YOUR BODY IMAGE STOP YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN YOUR OWN LIFE. (Trust me, that's good advice!)

THIS x1000! Perfect Advice!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Even though, I am not overweight by most standards. I am still the fat friend. I totally get it.
I think you need new friends if you are the fat one! You are already less than my goal weight and the same height so unless you have tiny bones you are certainly not fat since I am not fat anymore
Harriette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/135

Height: 5' 3.5"

What else are you among your friends? The kindest one? Best sense of humor? Most up on current events?

Building confidence doesn't only come from weight loss. You need to find the things within/about you that are special and focus on them. Work from your strengths. Learn that you are valuable.

"It's much easier to love yourself to good health than it is to hate yourself thin."
H82Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote