Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default I think my goal weight chose me

I originally wanted to get down to 123-125 (my weight before baby, real responsibilities, all the time in the world to work out, cooking for 1, LOL) but I've been hovering at 129-131 for about... mmmm.... 8-10 months now??? Is that a sign that my goal weight has chosen me? I think it's a very reasonable size but wondering if I shouldn't bother with the last vanity pounds.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #2  

It sounds like how you got to your previous low weight isn't really compatible with your current life.

For me, I'd rather have five pounds than try to put in that kind of life-changing effort every day for the foreseeable future (first to lose then to maintain). It's five pounds--not fifty or even fifteen.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I think there's nothing wrong with stopping where you're at. You're at a healthy weight and I know you exercise a lot so I'm sure you look great at where you are now.

Honestly, I'd love to be at a weight that I can just maintain more than necessarily an ideal weight that I have in my head (cough 140lbs cough). For me as long as I can get down to a healthy BMI, I'd be more than happy to let my ideal weight choose me and I have a feeling I'd be better at maintaining that than if I kept questing after some ideal weight.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Are you in a position where you are willing and able to put in more effort to lose weight? (exercising more than you do right now and eating less). If yes, you could go ahead and push yourself but it's possible that you might have to continue to push yourself to maintain.

So personally, I'd say yes, your goal weight has found you. It sounds like a good weight for your height so you probably look great. And it sounds like a good weight for your LIFE and the time and energy you have to put into it.

And hey, it's not set in stone - when your life changes (baby is older, etc.), you can always go back and tackle those 5 lbs if it turns out they matter to you after all.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Is it worth it to you? If you've been at your current weight for 8-10 months, I'd say you have maintenance figured out. Are you willing to consistently eat a little less, or work out than you've been doing? Forever? If that sounds manageable, go for it. If not, you've can rest on what you've already accomplished.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks ladies.

I'll be honest, I don't think any more effort is worth it? Not in a bad way. I think, at reaching 30 and as a mom, 130 and 5'5 is pretty darn reasonable and I just don't have the energy or mental care over the last 5lbs like I used to. I was 120-125 for almost 7 years (maintenance after my high weight) but I also don't think I am the same person I was before! Same... but different, iykwim?

I guess it's a lesson that our weight goals tend to change as we age too. Maybe it's more body acceptance or maybe it's just a natural feeling. I dunno.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

^ Well said! Sounds like you're at a perfect goal! Who knows, if you keep up with your exercise and eating you might even see the last few come off very slowly?

Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!!
celly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Thanks so much for this post. I've been asked lately what my goal weight is and I've said that I've been eating what I feel is healthy food, with healthy portions and doing a good amount of exercise, so when I reach where I am supposed to be, my body will stop losing weight and settle there.

I wasn't sure if this was a reasonable way of looking at things, but after seeing your post, it makes me think so!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #9  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Thanks ladies.

I'll be honest, I don't think any more effort is worth it? Not in a bad way. I think, at reaching 30 and as a mom, 130 and 5'5 is pretty darn reasonable and I just don't have the energy or mental care over the last 5lbs like I used to. I was 120-125 for almost 7 years (maintenance after my high weight) but I also don't think I am the same person I was before! Same... but different, iykwim?

I guess it's a lesson that our weight goals tend to change as we age too. Maybe it's more body acceptance or maybe it's just a natural feeling. I dunno.
Well I've seen a picture of you since having the baby and you probably look even better now. I think you've done great and those last 4lbs are pretty trivial.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

It's interesting because my weight bounced up and down so much since I was 10 I don't even know my happy weight anymore. But I love the way you put it. I will keep that in mind as my journey continues. Thank you! And congrats on your maintaining even with your baby.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote