General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Mini Rant...

Need to let out a little poof of steam.

So, I started my new program at school this week. Already it's clear that I need to now learn 4 years of time management skills that I never managed to pick up during the gen ed portion of my degree, because this program is ROUGH. Like, sleeping over in the classrooms, up till 6 am, crying over projects (oh so many projects) and not sleeping rough. I'm also scared to death because I am a HORRIBLE procrastinator and although I'm good at what I do, I rarely do things on time. I'm extremely stressed and scared, and on top of that I'm having a bout of low self-esteem that is making the adjustment process pretty hard. I suppose the stress of school/self image/dieting is just eating away at me now...and with tomorrow being my weigh in day, I'm honestly afraid of what my day is going to be like. I've eaten well, exercised a handful of times and kept up healthy habits so I SHOULD have lost, but I feel like a week with no shift, on top of all this stress, is going to send my weekend into a nosedive of sadness.

Anywho, I just had to get that out of my head. I know things will get better...I'm just trying to keep from getting completely down on myself.
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

What's your program? I know how you feel, balancing school and dieting- it's not easy. The good part is that you're so busy that if you stay OP then the time goes by much quicker, which means your thinner before you know it! Plus, your active school schedule probably has you burning more calories than you would think.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

what type of time management things do you need to work on? is it just the procrastination or is it the entire "bag of tools" that you dont have yet? a tip that i use for my procrastinator child is to tell him his homework is due at least two days before it's actually due LOL! so he'll wait til the "last minute", probably need a few extra bits of time, and when it's all done, it's still done on time after all because i told him the deadline was a few days ahead of it

let me know about the time management stuff...PM me if you want because i'm horrible at catching up on things at the forum, but i am very good with time management and might have some good tips for u...good luck!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/160/145

Height: 5'1"

My program is 3D Animation. So far, I have gained a VERY new respect for what goes into Pixar films and games/movies/special effects/etc.

Kelly, I completely agree with time going by more quickly when you're OP, and I'm glad you said that. I know that if I went off-plan I'd be miserable and depressed throughout the whole process, so I think this one control factor might just be the glue that's keeping me mentally held together...for now.

I will also definitely PM you about that, alaskan. I need some serious help...I've always been one of those "lazy smart people" who has gotten by with minimal effort. That is definitely not going to fly here.
doopdoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

3D animation is definitely rough! A lot of people don't realize the sheer number of hours that goes into that type of work. Good luck and congratulations, though!

I'm horrible at time management. I've never been able to be one of those people that can parcel out their time in an efficient and logical manner and stick to it. So I don't have any advice or tips in that regard...
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote