Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Eating When Angry

I'm so mad at myself -- I'm mad at my SO, and I'm eating, eating, eating.

I don't know why, but my SO is upset about something and hasn't spoken to me for two days. I don't deserve his immature silent treatment, but that's really no excuse for me to stuff my face. I can say though, I haven't been eating any sweets or chips w/ dip -- but I went overboard on fried chicken and english muffins with p&j.

But enough is enough -- let the baby sulk about whatever's bothering - I've tried several times to find out what the problem is, without success. But I've decided I've got to keep myself on track. I'll let him talk when he's ready. (Men can be such babies!)
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/194/130

Height: 5'2

Actually I think anger is the ONLY emotion that I don't eat to soothe... I don't know why. But I certainly can understand turning to food when you are upset or anxious. I hope your SO talks to you soon about his issues.

Today I had to cancel my daughters christening and the expensive reception following it because of the hurricane coming our way. I was upset and stressed all day, and immediately turned to food. Then I told myself, "all this food is going to do is make you feel good for 10 minutes and then crappy all day long, it will not help the situation in any way, and tomorrow the scale will make you want to cry." That was enough to make to gain control, and I even turned down McDonald's tonight when my husband got some. You can do this! Eating won't solve anything! You can't control your SO but you CAN control yourself and your staying on plan. Good luck!
RJ 1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

How utterly frustrating!

I'm so glad that you're taking back the control and you're going to continue to do good things for yourself, regardless of however your SO decides to act.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:56 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Tough situation. He's punishing you, and your punishing yourself... and you don't even know WHY! So here you are, stuffed and you're going to suffer all of the consequences... his tiff and your weight gain.

Maybe quit punishing yourself with food, and do a sit up instead. Walk. Something.... I know it's hard but you need to take control of this situation and go on with your day, and just ignore the ignoring. You know what's probably going to happen? He'll talk, because this is about control. IMHO.

Again, I'm sorry, because I know this is hard. It sucks to be on the receiving end of that sort of behavior. Even if you screwed up royally, you don't deserve to be treated like that. No one does.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote