Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5' 5"

Question Lost apox. 3 pounds the past three days

Two days ago, I weighed myself the night after weighing 176.4 that morning, I went down to 175.6 that night. Yesterday morning I went down to 174.4, and now this morning I am down to 173.8. I haven't really been exercising either expect walking. What is going on? How I am practically losing a pound a day the past three days? Not complaining about it, but it seems odd.
whitelikechalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/296/160

Height: 5'10

Hmmmm, that does seem a little odd....

Did you change your calorie intake? Taking a new medicine or drinking a good amount of water? Is it right around your TOM? Are you overly stressed?

There are a lot of factors to include beside exercise.
sheshalesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshalesha View Post
Hmmmm, that does seem a little odd....

Did you change your calorie intake? Taking a new medicine or drinking a good amount of water? Is it right around your TOM? Are you overly stressed?

There are a lot of factors to include beside exercise.
I suppose it could be in intake on calories and carbs, Ive been eating a bit more carbs then usual. I usually get 20g of carbs, i increased it up to around 40g. I've read that this can usually help people lose weight.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It's called a whoosh and it's totally normal. A few days ago you were worried and thought you were stuck at a certain weight. Well, you weren't. Weight loss isn't linear. You were losing fat, probably at a reasonably steady rate if what you were doing was pretty consistent. For one or two of any of about a zillion reasons, you held on to some water weight. The last few days, your body let go of it.

Don't second guess your plan too often. Pick something, stick to it. Your weight will eventually follow.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Pray it goes on longer!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

...and be prepared and not disappointed in case that scale goes up again tomorrow by a pound, or stays the same for a couple of days. But today - enjoy!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #7  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
...and be prepared and not disappointed in case that scale goes up again tomorrow by a pound, or stays the same for a couple of days. But today - enjoy!
I agree! Enjoy it today. It may or may not go back up or linger around for some time. It has happened to me before and I hated the fact that scale wouldn't move after that for 3-4 weeks.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

This generally happens to me. I'll stay the same for over a week and then lose weight rapidly at the rate of a pound a day (a couple times I've lost two pounds a day).

Usually happens to me every 5 or 10 pounds. I'll "plateau" and then suddenly the weight comes off
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #9  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
It's called a whoosh and it's totally normal. A few days ago you were worried and thought you were stuck at a certain weight. Well, you weren't. Weight loss isn't linear. You were losing fat, probably at a reasonably steady rate if what you were doing was pretty consistent. For one or two of any of about a zillion reasons, you held on to some water weight. The last few days, your body let go of it.

Don't second guess your plan too often. Pick something, stick to it. Your weight will eventually follow.
Perfectly put. I agree with Zoodoo 100%.

By the way, this is how I lose all the time - it's my regular pattern of loss. I have a "whoosh" where I drop about 3 pounds in a couple of days, usually followed by a bounce back up of a pound or two, usually followed by 5-9 days of either holding steady or fluctuating up or down by a pound. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's good to get to know your patterns, so that you can tell the difference between your usual fluctuations, and your plan actually needing a change (I won't change my plan unless I go several weeks strictly on plan without seeing any loss).
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #10  

Thank you everyone.
So far it seems as if it's staying off. I stayed at 173 for two days now I'm down to 172.8 this morning. I also have been zigzagging with my carb intake, since I have read that it helps people a lot. So I decided to try it, seems to be working yay.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Zigzaggining consistently is what has always brought my whooshes. On my way down I actually lost FOUR pounds in one day. And yep, it stuck. I had been on program for many weeks with very little change and then, BAM!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelikechalk View Post
Thank you everyone.
So far it seems as if it's staying off. I stayed at 173 for two days now I'm down to 172.8 this morning. I also have been zigzagging with my carb intake, since I have read that it helps people a lot. So I decided to try it, seems to be working yay.
Pay more attention to the broad strokes. As the others have mentioned, there are too many variables that can change too quickly to gather meaningful information from only two or three days.

I fell into the same trap - okay a little worse - where I was weighing myself three times a day. I would definitely continue to keep track, but only look at the numbers in terms of "week 1" vs "week 2".

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't think it's odd. Try adding up your weight loss for the past three weeks- it probably averages out to a normal number.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote