General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

Exclamation OH AWKS.... i feel myself slipping.

like today ive had soda...and i want a nutty bar... and now im drinking apple cherry juice..

I think im slipping bc i dont feel in control anymore because like for dinner i eat what my dad has been cooking and i cant count the calories or carbs that are in it.

and i dont exercise anyway... all i do is sleep all day, well most of the day..

i really do want to lose weight.. :s
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

So.

Take back control. Make your own dinner. Or only eat a correct portion size of what your father makes. Add in a salad or steamed veggies to bulk up meals.

You are in control of what you put in your mouth. Always.

Who cares if you don't exercise? You can always do something healthier for yourself than you used to do in the past.

And if you want to be more active, what's stopping you? You don't have to run a marathon. You can take a five minute walk. You can climb some stairs a couple times a day. You can turn on music and dance around in your room. You can park further away from the store to get in a few extra steps.

I remember the following saying from a signature that was on here a long time ago:

If you really want something, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/215/125

Height: 5'3"

Well i'm just starting as well, but this time i'm determined. Push yourself to the limit keep thinking about opportunities while you're exercising! Think about how you would look like if you continue bad habits in five years, vs the good habits. Find healthy recipes, and put a mini fridge in your room to separate your own healthy foods (They're not much considering it's back to school with the sales and whatnot). It's a start. How about we do this together! Start with a little goal first like mine is to loose 20 pounds by December which is reasonable, Don't overwhelm yourself it will take time a patience!
MacAndEase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'3

I just have to second everything that Lovely posted.

Losing weight isn't easy - if it was everyone would be thin. We wouldn't need forums like this! You say you really want to lose weight, but just wanting it isn't going to make anything happen. Don't wait, your young. Get it done now so you can enjoy the rest of your life healthy and happy. Start small and eventually a healthier lifestyle will become second nature to you. Short walks like Lovely said.. and omit soda, stick to water.

Every time I would consider cheating I would think " Is this (fill in the blank - pizza, soda, etc) worth how unhappy I feel when I look in the mirror?" The answer was always no.

This is just a lil piece of advice from someone who wishes they had done this years ago. I am going to be 30 in a few months - my 20s were amazing but could have been a million times better if I had.
Good luck
OnaMission29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #5  

Thanks you 3! and Yes I would love to make losing 20lbs by December a goal! i think if i had someone doing this with me it would be easier.!! haha.

Yeeees! i do control what goes in my mouth!!

jeez.. you 3 really have got me thinkin positive again.!!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #6  

MacandEase... i was trying to send you a message but it wouldnt let me, i guess because im new.. :S
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #7  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

If your dad is cooking, perhaps you can get him on board with your healthier eating and get him to consider that when he puts a meal together. Or, you can offer to cook a few nights a week so at least you have more control. Make sure you are exercising portion control over foods that you are unsure of calorie-wise.

If you are sitting on here typing while drinking something you don't think you should be drinking...stop. Go and get rid of it somehow. Get a glass of water, milk...I don't know. If you feel out of control - here's your chance.

If you are finding that diet AND exercise are too overwhelming right now, maybe you can focus on one. Work on your diet for a few weeks and do it REALLY well. I've seen plenty of people on here who said that in the beginning, they did minimal exercise and instead changed their eating habits dramatically. Then, as they got closer to goal, they integrated exercise. That being said - if you are not doing exercise, you have to be EXTRA careful of what you eat, because when you slip you will not be able to make up for it as easily by working out.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #8  

Thank You. we eat pretty healthy, he follows a diabetic plan (kinda).
Old 08-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #9  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Speaking as someone who also lives with a parent--and grandparent!--I've sometimes had to be very stubborn about not eating dinner with everyone else. My mom made steak yesterday--a ribeye--and there's another one in the fridge defrosting for tonight. She wants to split it with me.

Now, I love ribeye steak, but half of that ribeye is still pretty substantial, and I'd like to be able to eat normally during the day. Moreover, half of a fatty ribeye isn't going to sate me the same way my usual fare is. So I have to decline. She'll sometimes get insistent, and I have to push back. At the end of the day, though, she knows why I'm doing what I'm doing, and she supports me.

You might have to have a super-frank discussion with your dad about cooking, and dieting, and portion control/calorie count. He'd probably be more than happy to help you out with it. But, as someone who ends up in the same position as you, sometimes--no, Mom, I don't want a piece of pizza, thanks for asking!--I totally sympathize.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

The other thing I'll add is that when you go on a sugar binge, like it sounds you have, the best thing to stop it (instead of continuing to eat more sugar) is to get protein into your body.... have some hard boiled eggs (yes, even if you don't want to!) or beef/turkey jerky. Anything to offset that sugar rush/crash you're feeling.

You're body is asking for more sugar because it's crashing and giving it more won't stop the cycle.

The alternative if you don't want to eat more is to exercise hard, so you can burn off the excess glucose in your blood system.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #11  

Gabe! : I do need to talk to my father and im sure he will understand. thanks. and ugh its so hard being the only one dieting in the house. lol.

Rana: thanks for the advice next time i want sugar like that, ill try the eggs or jerky.. I really didnt know if there was something i could do to suppress the sugar want. My glucose levels stay in the 80s and 90s.. .. idk if that makes a difference.. but yea. xD
Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/215/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickof300 View Post
MacandEase... i was trying to send you a message but it wouldnt let me, i guess because im new.. :S
Yeah i'm newb too(Kinda unfamiliar with the website, i feel like my grandpa playing vidya games ), but feel free to email me anytime! Xxfalloutbibixx@ gmail
MacAndEase is offline   Reply With Quote