Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #1  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Here's where I start beating myself up.

~I'm not "new" to losing weight, but I'm "new" to keeping it off. I haven't ever gotten down to my ultimate long term goal, but I've gotten about 50-60 lbs off and now I'm even higher than I ever was. BUT! I've already lost 20 lbs this year, so I'm doing good considering I just got back on it middle of August after being off for around 5 months.

What happens [with me at least] is when I hit a plateau or I don't ~see~ results [not that I don't feel a million times better] is that I just (a) give up or (b) become obsessive about it. I don't really know which one is better, but the last time I became obsessive about it; it wasn't pretty to say the least. I would cut calories to the point that I was passing out or about passing out, it was horrible. But I made myself stop and without the proper knowledge of how to eat right & how to keep "full" healthily, I gained it all back + some. -sigh-

That's been over 8 years ago, but things change. You get in a new relationship, they love you for YOU, you get married, life gets stressful, we all know the story. I'm not making excuses for myself, I know this is purely my fault & no one else's. I guess everyone just gets down on their self at one point or another and just have an "off" day. I guess today is mine.

I just want to love myself inside & out because at this point I really don't. At all.

If you made it through this, then you deserve a medal.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back ! I lost,regained and lost and regained more than once. One day I just said I don't want to do this anymore. I learned a lot from 3FC .I think the most important thing is to persevere, I know how hard that is when we hit a plateau and we seem to be doing everything right and the scale won't budge. If you stick with it and don't give up you will see results. Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #3  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Welcome back ! I lost,regained and lost and regained more than once. One day I just said I don't want to do this anymore. I learned a lot from 3FC .I think the most important thing is to persevere, I know how hard that is when we hit a plateau and we seem to be doing everything right and the scale won't budge. If you stick with it and don't give up you will see results. Good luck.
Thanks a lot for the support It means a lot! It makes me feel better to know that there are other people who have/are going through the same thing/journey. I think just knowing that other people really GET what i'm saying makes it a million times better. Thank you!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #4  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
I wish I had something to say about losing weight in response to your post. I think that it's a path we all have to reach in our own ways. The only thing ever helped me at moments like this is that part from the Desiderata:

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

What I can say, quite honestly, is that when I look your profile picture and read your posts, I see a wonderful, caring, sensitive woman. I'm glad you're posting because it gives the rest of the world a chance to get to know you better.

Hang in there. And thanks for the medal.
Thanks so much for the sweet support I guess everyone just gets down on their self time to time, but the real challenge is to KEEP GOING.

I guess it should be a good sign that when I felt like I wanted to binge the most that I didn't and told myself I deserve better than that, it hurt; but I know in the long run I will thank myself.

Thanks a million!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #5  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I just finished having a plateau for a month and a half...it is hard, but it's really true perseverance really does pay off. I thought I'd never get off the number 243, but it's finally dropping slowly. Man, I had no idea why it was stuck as I've been super on plan...not strict like decreasing calories and upping exercise, but doing what was needed to do. I did measure myself and I had lost some inches so that helped.

Good luck and don't give up, you're doing great!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #6  
is chubby

The less you focus on the downsides of diet the happier and easier it will be.

Forget that you don't eat whatever you come up with or however much you want. Focus on the healthy aspect, savor each bite as lifegiving nurturing food and not the stuff that is killing you. Eating guilt-free is the best thing that ever happened to me. I learned loving veggies this way.

Forget that it might take 5-8 years to get to the GOAL. Each day you live an oz or pound thinner will be better than it would have been with an oz or pound more.

Start painting your nails, making your hair and dressing nice from now (if you aren't already). The more you take care of your body the less you forget to take care of it (aka you think thrice before eating too much again). The worst thing a heavy person can do is hide beneath a tent, unshaved and neglected. That way you turn food into your sole joy.

I'm only halfway there and going slowly, but I already feel a zillion times better than at the beginning. You can do it too!
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #7  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Hold the phone, I deserve a medal? Nope, that's you! 20 pounds is AWESOME!
I really think plateaus are the hardest things about losing weight.. but they're also the times where you get to prove to yourself how strong you are. I know I get super disappointed if I don't see smaller numbers each week, but, as you said.. we can't ignore how great we feel! You deserve to feel that great all the time, and keeping up your hard work will ultimately get you there when cookies (my personal favourite) won't.

The biggest thing I've learned from 3FC is you're never alone, and someone's always felt like you have right now. It's ultimately up to you whether you move past the hard times, but we're all here to support you through them. Keep strong!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote