Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #7

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:51 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Share with us something to make us smile today!

Good Morning ladies!

Peek, I went ahead and started a new thread because we were wayyyyy down the list and had 27 posts, hope you don't mind. I didn't realize how easy it was to do!

My sunny thought is: Friends and family who accept you as you are need to be cherished. They are rare. Tell someone you appreciate them today. Peek, Deon, Sandy, Michelle, Elle, Jana, Missy, Lori, thank you for being part of my life and for coming here and uplifting us all. You are truly girfts from God.

Hope everyone is doing well. You must be busy. There have been no posts since yesterday afternoon. I know I was still running around tryng to get everything done yesterday.

I finally have everything for the wedding. I found my nail color and earrings finally last night. I am not a big dangly earring kind of gal but searched everywhere and couldn't find big button style earrings that were wooden so ended up with dangly ones. They will probably drive me nuts, but I'll look good! Dh was patiently sitting on a bench at the mall when I found him and when I sat down he ask if I had found any. I showed them to him and ask him what he thought. He kind of paused and said, "Uh, they're not what you usually wear." Translated from husband language, I hate the things!

We are supposed to have sunny, hot weather until at least Tuesday, so anyone who wants to join me for a session in the pool, I am ready to lead an aerobics class! Come on down.

I will be back later today and post to individuals, just wanted to peek in this morning.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 06-21-2003 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Lost my whole post!!!!!!!!!! Time is running out I will try it later.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:56 AM   #4  

Faye: See it was so easy to start the thread you are so good!!! I don't wear big earrings either, I tend to stick to stud kind of things or maybe small small hoops. However, I have not always been that way. When I was in high school I had 5 holes in one ear and 3 in the other....now I only use the first ones...I think the second ones are still opened but the rest have healed over. What a nut I was back then.

Sandy: Sorry you just lost your post, I hate when the computer eats my posts with one wrong hit of a key.

Jana: Do you have a pool at your house? You say you go swimming with the grandbabies? Wish I had one. But we do have the lake at my inlaws and we own shore property so we have the ocean, but I am fair skinned and burn so easy by the salt water.

Missy: Where are you chicklet?

Deon: We miss you.

Michelle: where are you???

Have I forgotten anyone? I hope not, it was not intentional....

hugs to all
PEEK
Old 06-21-2003, 11:14 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Faye - you know you could go to your craft store and get the stuff to make button earrings real fast and real cheap.. just a thought... But what you have sounds fine, and I'm sure you will look very nice. '

Peek - yes, we have a pool, but it is a small above-ground one. It's fine for our purposes, tho. And I got 2 of those little seat thingies for the twins, which works out well. My DD16 is very fair and burns easily, too.

Hi to everyone else!

The wedding I'm going to is today. Where has the time flown???Anyway, I'm wearing the dress I wore at Easter - it's a navy blue and green gauzy number with silvery threads in it. So I wear silver earrings and navy shoes and purse. DH has a shirt with almost the same blues and greens in it, so he's wearing that. (altho he doesn't know it yet ) If my back isn't better, I'm skipping the reception and coming home. The chairs at these affairs leave a lot to be desired!

For Sunday dessert tomorrow I'm baking a low-cal Creamsicle cake recipe that sounds yummy - only 3 WW points per 1/15 of the cake. You use diet Slice soda, sf orange jello and sf vanilla pudding, and ff Cool Whip. Anyway, if it's good, I'll pass along the recipe.

Have a good day! I'll probably be back tonight, if I have a chance.

Jana
Old 06-21-2003, 04:14 PM   #6  

Jana it sounds good. I love creamsicle cake as it is. Hope that you have a good time at the wedding. I have a desert that is 2 points one of these days I am going to break down and make it. Gotta run almost time to get to go home. YEAH!
Old 06-21-2003, 05:05 PM   #7  

Talking And I thought I dressed goofy sometimes!

Thought you all would enjoy a Saturday giggle with your evening drink...

And I thought I had some loud and crazy outfits in my day!

Bri from last weekend:
Old 06-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #8  

SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday

Our silly poll this week is: If you didn't have a spouse or significant other, what celebrity would you pick to warm your bed and your heart?

Hey ladies. Hope your Sunday is starting out well. I just lost the post so may have to come back to post later as dh went to pick up something from store and will be right back so we can fix breakfast.

We went to see Hollywood Homicide yesterday and it was funny in parts, but not a great movie. I think one of you said you had been to see it, maybe Sandy?

I actually got an e-mail yesterday from the author of the book I just finished. I went to his website and posted an e-mail telling him how terrific his book had been. I was shocked he replied to me, but he was very gracious for someone who writes kind of disturbing materials. lol

I will come back on line later and post again if anyone has been here. I need to get downstairs and make breakfast so I can get out into the pool.

Oh, my poll answer would be Neil Diamond on one side and on the other David James Elliot. One, because he could sing to me all the time and the other just cause he is gorgeous!

Faye
Old 06-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #9  

Hummmmmm which man does one choose if they are all up for grabs......

I think even though he is much older than I, I would have to pick Mel Gibson...he sure can make the heart pound a bit. And if I had the choice of a singer it would have to be Vince Gill.

Okay back to reality....my day is starting okay, I'm gonna catch up on the rest of the laundry and just hang out with the family. We are due for a chance of showers (whats new) but the temps are warmer. We are supposed to reach the 90's mid week.

I'll be back later gators....
Hugs,
PEEK
Old 06-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sandy - the cake was really good! I'll post the recipe sometime.

Lori - Your Bri looks like a guy who knows how to have fun.

Faye - glad your author wrote to you... DD16 has gotten tips on writing from author Catherine Coulter. I think it is really nice when famous people take time for their fans.

Peek - I never get done with laundry, it seems. We are either awfully dirty or awfully clean, I'm not sure which. LOL And all I do is DH's and my own - DD16 always does her own.

The wedding last night was so beautiful. AND I stayed OP!!! The result of the week is I'm down 2 1/4 more pounds now. Yay!

Something else I'm excited about is we are going to the Randy Travis concert in Nashville, Indiana to celebrate our anniversary on Aug. 30. Our anniv. is actually 9/12, the day after my b/d. Anyway, I just love his new song - Three Wooden Crosses. Anyway, after the concert we will drive to Terre Haute and stay there. The next day we will visit DH's old college and go shopping.

Regarding the celebrity question, IF I wasn't already married to my sweetie .... hmmm.... I guess <don't laugh!!> Tommy Lee Jones. There is something about him that makes me squirm in my chair. He exudes testosterone, and to use a quote from Peek - I could sop him up with a biscuit!!!

So, how's your day going??
BBL,
Jana
Old 06-22-2003, 04:04 PM   #11  

Hey ladies! I think so far the choices for men have been pretty good. TLJones is a heck of an actor and not bad looking either even if he did room with Al Gore in college (oops did I say that?) Mel is definitely a hotty even being older now. I like Vince Gill's music but have been boycotting kind of because of the marriage/affair thing. I get a bee in my bonnet every once in awhile about something like that. You don't even want to ask me about Kathy Lee Gifford!

The cat was in his hi-jinks mode last night and attacked me about 10 times in bed (always leaves dh alone though!) so I was pooped. I got up and went to the pool, came back and fixed breakfast and went back and took a nap. I feel better even though going back to bed caused some heartburn because of eating.

Gorgeous day here today. Maybe I can unplug dh after the Cubs game and go out to the pool and hang out for awhile.

Hope all you busy bees are having a nice weekend. Don't forget that there will be no"moments" Friday, Sat or Sun while I am gone.

Peek: Have fun with the dh and kiddies today.

Jana: Bet you can't wait for that concert. I always get so excited when I am looking forward to one.

TTFN
Faye
Old 06-22-2003, 11:21 PM   #12  

OK I am thinking about the poll. HHMMMM!!!!!!!! That one is a hard one to answer. So many men to pick from. Well Mel Gibson is a hot one. So probally I guess that we are all going to fight over Mel Gibson and then there is Toby Keith something about him. I think that he is so hot in some of his viedos
Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 AM   #13  
Miss "Ifelloffthewagon"

Location: Wisconsin, land o' da cheese....sigh... and I love cheese...but its off the menu for now...

Hello all and thank-you Faye for the invite!

I have been here on and off for almost 2 years...gained, lost, gained, lost and gained again!
So here I am a"gain" (pun intended)

My name is Linda, and I am overweight. OK now that that is out of the way, I am also diabetic and have high blood pressure (oh joy) lets get down to some serious fun!

I am really bad about posting, I don't do it often enough, but I do read each and every post asap. Sometimes just to darn busy to take a few more minutes to respond, but I shall do my best. I look forward to the fun challenges ahead.

I'm happy to share a little info about me, (hope I don't bore ya)
I am soon to be 44, I have a 15 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter. I am very happily married to my 3rd husband, and I am willing to admit that "the third times the charm" as a matter of fact I think he is very charming

I would like to lose 20 lbs to start with... I have much more then that to lose, but that is a large enough chunk for now. Just started over and I am doing moderate carbs, fats, calories, and exercise.

This is a long enough message for the first post! hope to hear from all of you soon!!
Old 06-23-2003, 06:43 AM   #14  

Hey there wonderful woman. Welcome to the group Linda, hope you share and enjoy when you do post. I am the opposite, I am like a post aholic. I used to be a scale aholic, but have gotten over it, mostly because I think I have been off the wagon for a bit.

Today is a new day and new week and I am back again. I have decided that I have to do this not only for my health, but I feel so much better when I am being ON PLAN. Lately, it's been what can I eat next. I don't think I am whining and I'm sorry if it comes off that way, I'm just stating that it sure is hard to get back on plan once you fall off. Maybe I hit my head when I fell of and got amnesia and thought I was skinny and could eat anything I wanted and would never gain an ounce.... . Okay, back to reality, I gained my memory back along with a few pounds that I have lost before and now need to loose again. Sooooooooo, I will be good today and take one day at a time, but am trying to plan ahead a day so I will always have a plan as to what I will have for the day. I'm also using the fitday.com site to keep track of stuff and what an eye opener that was. I am consuming a lot more fats than I thought, even when I thought I wasn't being to bad GUESS WHAT???? I have been running in the range of like 46% fat for a day....that is not good!!! So, after today I will let you know what kind of percent I get...

For Linda and anyone else that is newer and does not know...here is my little bio....

My name is Peek to all of you because we have a Sandy already , I am 33 years young, 2 kids....1(g)who is almost 6 going on 16 I swear, 1 (b)who is 11. I have been married 14 years next month (I got married at 19) to a wonderful man who loves me no matter how I am....and I love him just as much. My work title is Executive Assistant....(glorified Secretary title ) of an small elder homecare company...actually I am more than a Secretary....along with the owner I am the only other one in any kind of managerial postition and I do run all the finances of the company(scarey). We have 2 dogs, 1 cat, and our fish died, so we are getting 2 mini hampsters in 2 weeks when they are old enough to leave their mommy. There, did I bore you? Oh yeah, and I am overweight by like 100+ lbs, but someday I will get to goal.

Tootles girls,
PEEK
Old 06-23-2003, 07:06 AM   #15  

MONDAY: Mission Monday. Our mission for today is to leave alone the food we are thinking about eating and don't need for 15 minutes. If after that time, you still want it, than eat it. The secret is not to sit and think about it EITHER!

WELCOME TO LINDA!

I can always count on Peek to be here bright and early on the weekday mornings!

Linda: I have been married 31 years, have 2 grown children, a sil and the most gorgeous grandson in the world who will be 3 on Wednesday. My husband is retired Navy so we traveled all over the country for 20 years and now live in the south. I have a Yorkie and a cat and I have lost about 90 lbs and still need to lose 170. I am calorie and fat counting and exercise with water aerobics 7 days a week unless weather prohibits, then I power walk in the mall. We are so very glad to have you here. Come as often as you can.

Looks like good ole Mel is ahead in our poll so far!

When I leave here, I have to go look at the online newspaper and see if there are any jobs no one wants me for! DH tells me not to worry about it, but it does bug me mainly because I know it is my age that is the stumbling block. When I apply for a job where I have the experience in exactly what they want and they don't even call you for an interview, I know it has to be the age thing, which is pretty sad. Financially, it isn't a big deal, but I am getting to the point of being really bored and can't at this time just volunteer my time somewhere. No biggy though, something will turn up sooner or later, right?

You ladies all have a good day and I will check back after I have been to the pool later on.

Faye
Closed Thread