Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/277/200

Height: 5'2.5

Default Urgh!....impatient!

I think i have finally figured out what my problem with losing weight is.
IM IMPATIENT! I wanna lose it and only willing to do the hard work for like a week then.. BAM! im upset bc i feel like i coulda done more and look better.
sickof300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I do exactly the same thing! Just try small changes at a time until they become habit. then you it won't be "trying" anymore.
jamber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried setting really tiny goals that you are constantly achieving them (and giving yourself a gold star) to keep up your focus?

You could try for weight losses in small increments or for NSVs that would help you lose overall (not having cream in your coffee for a week, or not binging, etc.) That way you would (almost) always be achieving something.
spetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hey good thought spetty. I'm gonna try to cut back on something I know is bad this week. hmm but what shall it be hahahaha.
jamber1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #5  

THANKS YALL!
EEP! ive tried setting small goals but when i reach them i really feel let down still. like i could have done soooo much better. :/
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #6  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

I think you need to fight those thoughts, sickof300, and not let them get to you! They are irrational and unhelpful!

You're wanting to lose a big amount of weight so you might as well strap in and make a plan for the long haul! Just starting by logging your food and taking a daily walk is a HUGE accomplishment that you'll be able to build on over the next months as you lose weight.

But you have to be fair with yourself, otherwise you'll wind up back in the old shame/overeating cycle that does no one any good!
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #7  

heh. Tryin Vet, which is why i joined this, hoping it'll help and today feels like an acomplished day for me. i started logging food today also, Just got done eating dinner which i need to log. :P but before dinner i had a total intake of 677 Calories and 86 Carbs. im not sure if thats good or bad.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #8  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I'm not worrying about my macro nutrients (carbs, fats, and proteins) yet. I'm doing calorie counting only and it's working for me. 40lb lost since May, can't argue with results like that! Lol! I'll worry about the macros once I get closer to goal or hit a plateau. I eat 1600 calories a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I don't beat myself up about the sometimes more as long as I don't go over my maintenance calories (around 2600). I think I could count on one hand the number of times I've done that since I started. The first change I made was to stop drinking my calories. I have a sip of soda or tea on occasion, but I drink about 95% water now. You can do this! It doesn't have to be super hard if you take things slow.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #9  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It's hard to give up the mentality of losing NOW. But we don't lose it NOW and then we beat ourselves up. That's setting us up for a fall, so we have to change that thinking. Sometimes it's not even about losing pounds, but inches and gaining endurance and strength. Exercise may not tone us right off, but it's doing wonders for our hearts and our lungs and muscles. Sometimes we don't SEE what's going on, but something IS definitely going on.

I'm not a very patient person either, ask my family, I start yelling before a minute of keeping me waiting But I'm determined and if you really are fed up with being at this weight then you have to make a decision and then follow through. BUT remember to give yourself time and don't beat yourself up and think you could have done better. We all can do better in just about everything not just weight, but beating ourselves up doesn't make us do better it just makes us feel defeated.

Keep your head up, take a deep breath and give yourself time. Nothing happens over night and anything worth doing/having takes effort Good luck
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

it's so hard to be patient i hear you, especially when the scale shows nothing. just keep doing what you're doing and you will see results i promise! don't give up.
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #11  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Ever hear someone say "I'd give an arm and a leg to weigh ___" or "What I wouldn't give to be thin. So, what would you give? Would you give a day of water instead of soda? Would you trade a jelly donut tomorrow for a toasted english muffin with a tblsp. of all fruit? Would you switch whole milk next week for 2%? This weekend, could you eat a large salad followed by 2 slices of pizza instead of no salad and more pizza? Do you think you could try a skim milk/fruit smoothie recipe instead of a milkshake?

Baby steps. Take baby steps.

Look at what you were eating and make little tweaks toward eating healthier. After a while, you reap the results of those baby steps.

Easier said than done, I know, but we all begin somewhere, and learn some really hard lessons. I wish you luck.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #12  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's definitely tough- but think of other goals besides the scale.

For me lowering my blood pressure and cholesterol and so on were goals of mine. Pretty much I've met all my health goals except the scale and clothing size, and above all I refuse to give up

If the scale discourages you then put it away for a month and then at the end of that month weigh in That might help you stick with your plan longer and see "better" results or results that will make you very happy
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #13  

thanks all of you.. yall have me more inspired I LOVE IT!
i cant wait to get me one of the goal things you all have at the bottom to see my progress!