View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
FinnSteven

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking You're Not Hungry - You're Thirsty! // Try an Iced Herbal Tea

YOU'RE NOT HUNGRY -- YOU'RE THIRSTY! Battle the Cravings with Iced Herbal Teas
Believe it or not, what most dieters think of as hunger is actually thirst. Drinking water before meals as well as drinking water when you want to snack will often kill the cravings.

However, sometimes your taste buds want more than water. Thats where herbal teas come in handy. Hot teas help you feel satisfied. But have you considered unsweetened iced tea?

I discovered this treat out of necessity. I just wasnt drinking enough water. So I boiled some water, added it to a pitcher and threw in 2 peppermint herbal tea bags to seep for 7-10 minutes. I then poured it into an empty 1.5 liter bottle and let cool before putting it in the refrigerator.

The next time I was hungry, I drank greedily. The peppermint was a revelation. Sweet (but not sweetened!) and refreshing.

I found a wonderful Organic Health Food store in downtown Helsinki that sold all sorts of exotic herbal teas without the caffeine.

"Celestial Seasonings - Bengal Spice" is my perfect chilled Chai (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg, chicory, carob & Vanilla.)

Other great flavors iced have been Choco, Rooibos (many flavours), Rosehip, & Lotus (Lime with a sweet hint of licorice).

What are your favourite herbal iced tea flavors?
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote