Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft 3in

Default Which exercise do you dislike the most?

OK, so I have just had a really funny conversation with my sister about the most hated exercises. For me it's burpees with press ups and for her its jump squats. We've just spent the last 15 mins talking about why ours is worse. So I thought I'd ask what people on here thought.
Aly6690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Even though this exercise is really working for me, I still despise it...bent-elbow front planks (side planks are okay). I hate them with a passion but I've recently worked myself up to a full minute and have seen my entire midsection tighten up considerably as a result. But that being said, I still hate them.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Lunges in yoga. They make me angry.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
Even though this exercise is really working for me, I still despise it...bent-elbow front planks (side planks are okay). I hate them with a passion but I've recently worked myself up to a full minute and have seen my entire midsection tighten up considerably as a result. But that being said, I still hate them.
WOW A minute plank, wish I could hold it for that long. I have to say I'm not a fan of the plank either, but I find side planks worse!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5' 5"

Overall I don't care much for any cardio. I have never been really active my whole life, so it's pretty hard on me.
whitelikechalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly6690 View Post
WOW A minute plank, wish I could hold it for that long. I have to say I'm not a fan of the plank either, but I find side planks worse!
I am determined to do the front plank for two minutes eventually, lol. I'm not gonna lie to you, the last ten seconds are killer! Now see the side planks don't bother me as much (these I also do for a minute working towards two) because it's not my whole abdomen that has to work, only the obliques. Weird, huh? Anyway, as a mom of two, it's all about the core, lol.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #7  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

I KNOW that the ones I hate the most are the ones that I am the worst at! I used to hate burpees and lunges, but the more I did them, the less painful they got. Right now I'm hating tricep push-ups (even from my knees they are awful!). A jump lunge is also pretty bad.

But with that said, there are plenty of things I love. I was doing some core work with my trainer and I *stupidly* remarked that "I could do this all day!"- not to be cocky, just that I was feeling an appropriate amount of burn and loving it. Yeah... I had to do it holding a 10 lb weight after that.
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Oh my god where to start....burpees, jump squats and front plank are probably my most hated....and anything upper-body related since i have no strength there.

Also, I'm not sure what this is called but it's where you lie down with your legs straight in the air, and someone stands by your head facing your legs and pushes them down as hard as the can, and you have to stop your legs from hitting the ground! OWWWWW that is hard on the abs....
celly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

Hmmm ... I'm glad I don't do some of these ...

I quite like planks though ... I also like lunges ...

Been a little heavy for me it is ones where you need to have a little spring .... ie jumping on to a step or trying to sprint on a treadmill ...They tend to make me feel like I've got lead in my shoes ...

I like exercises that make make me feel strong or fit ..

Last edited by HMM3; 08-22-2011 at 01:18 PM.
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/219.5/180

Height: 5'4"

I don't particularly enjoy running. Although, I think that it's because I have really weird feet, and can't find shoes that my feet are completely comfortable in.
FitnessRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Shoulder flies. Most weighted exercises, really, but especially shoulder flies.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #12  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I totally agree: LUNGES. I friggin hate them, even though I know they work the best for me. I can't deal with the knee pain. Demi Plies are coming in second.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Running and around-the-world planks.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by celly123 View Post
Oh my god where to start....burpees, jump squats and front plank are probably my most hated....and anything upper-body related since i have no strength there.

Also, I'm not sure what this is called but it's where you lie down with your legs straight in the air, and someone stands by your head facing your legs and pushes them down as hard as the can, and you have to stop your legs from hitting the ground! OWWWWW that is hard on the abs....
OMG I didn't even think of those leg lift type things. They're one of my trainer's fav exercises to use as punishment for when I'm either not giving it my all or say I cant do something. I swear burpees and those really suck.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #15  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

The elliptical. Am I going forwards? Am I going backwards? Am I going to fall off the thing? Crap, I need to adjust my resistance. . .pedal faster? You pedal faster, you over-engineered piece of plastic, metal, and electronics; I'm trying to adjust your buttons. Don't make me do two things at once!

Coordination. I don't have it.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote