Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Angry 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#354

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 06-22-2003, 12:49 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Today is a brand new day!!

FRESH, with no mistakes in it. I will be, and I will stay OP all day. This I vow. I have friends coming over to watch the race and dh is grilling out. They will be having freshly grilled cheeseburgers. I will be having a cheeseburger too. A Boca burger. With FF cheese. They will be having fat laden chips. I will be having FF pringles. They will be having some type of brownies that my friend is picking up at the Bi Lo Deli. I will be having FF, SF angel food cake with strawberries and FF cool whip. I will be OP. I will make healthy, responsible choices. I will make today a winning day for me. Yes, I know I can have a grilled hamburger too. I understand that. But I want a Boca burger, so that is what I'm having.

Sometimes you find inspiration in some of the most amazing places. It seems I've been searching lately. Searching for something to tie all of my weight loss hopes and dreams together. I found it. I've had good days this week and bad days. I've had small victories and big defeats. My small victory was yesterday when I turned the nachos down when dh brought them to me. (you'll see why I called it small in a minute) My big defeat was when I came home and no one had eaten the nachos yet, and I did.

Here's my inspiration: http://pub16.************/ftonystewar...ID=10406.topic

This is the Tony Stewart board I am an admin on. Yesterday, I changed my photo (on here as well) to a picture that was taken just a couple of months ago when we went to Bristol for the race. This was a mere 16 lbs. ago. I had just walked over **** and high water and was pretty much exhausted and dh took my picture as we finally got to the car. This is one of the better pictures I have had taken and I really like the side of the hill behind me. I'll explain the reference of me being a "hen". We have some males on the board that refer to themselves as "roosters", therefore, we are the "hens". I was in the bed this morning, (I'm off today) thinking about what I would eat today and making yet another resolve that today I would stay OP and dh tells me to come into the living room.....that Chris, (who is another admin on the board) has posted something he felt was "scandalous" and that needed to be removed. So the topic of the post was "Hey Roosters...New NASCAR HOTTIE alert!
Imagine my surprise, joy and tears when it was me. Not that I consider myself a hottie, but just to see that someone is noticing and that someone was a man. Now I don't know if this makes sense to you or not......but to me, it feels really good when your friends or co-workers notice that you're losing weight. BUT, when it's a man, for some reason it's different. Not because I want to run off and have a scathing affair with this person (who, by the way...lives in Michigan thin) but because he noticed. I know that we're doing this for our health and to feel better, look better and be healthy. But come on, let's be honest as well. How does it make you feel when someone notices.....especially a man? I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me feel darn good. I guess I've always felt because of my size that I've been "overlooked" by men.....you know, "just another fat woman". Chris absolutely made my day, along with my other friends on the board, especially what my own sweet hubby said. As I was sitting here looking at the screen, eyes misting over....dh, who was sitting beside me....taking in my reaction, said, "Do you need much more inspiration that that?"

NO girls......I don't.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:51 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Yes you are a "hottie" and I understand completely !!!!!!
I am sitting here with tears running down my face.
I am soooooooo HAPPY for you !!!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:31 PM   #4  

OMG TINA!!!! I have tears in my eyes. I know what you mean about a man noticing...it just makes you feel sexy don't it. I loved what Ron wrote too.

You are so beautiful!!! You have come a long way baby!!!! Look how thin your face looks. I'm glad that "Joker" that was his name right? Posted that, it shows that people do notice. Hugs to you....
Sandy
Old 06-22-2003, 03:08 PM   #5  

Aww Tina, that is so sweet of that guy to post such a thing! I admit I got a lift out of reading both it and your message! (And I admit the man has good taste--better hang on tight to this lady, Ron! )
Old 06-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #6  

Me again... Remember how I said I had posted at 2am this morning and now it is gone. Well... I saved it just in case I got knocked off line before I got it posted. I found most of it.... I had added some more... but apparantly did not save the rest.
Here is what I did save.... written last night at 2am.
-------------------------------------------
Thin... your post is still here.
I think you were just too tired to see it.

Tina... how did I miss your new avatar earlier ???
I LOVE your new pic !!!!!!!
Joanne... congrat on reaching your goals for the week.
I am PROUD of you and your willingness to do what it takes.

Michelle... sorry you were all alone in chat. Hopefully someone showed up.
As I mentioned before.. I was busy cleaning.

Mary.. I was the one to mention wanting to trace my great great grandfather. Where would I go to find out ???

Amanda... your recipe sounds yummy.

I too am going to bed. Good night all.
Zzzzzzzz
------------------------------------------------

I knew I had posted... and when I found this saved.... I proved to myself I wasn't going crazy. LOL
I had added a few more replys.... but I am not going back and redoing them.
Just know I love you all.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:21 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Just when I thought......

this day couldn't get any better! Imagine my surprise, glee, giddiness and pure joy when I received a phone call from someone very special to me today......the sheer happiness when I heard the voice of my one and only......2cute! How wonderful it was just to hear her voice. Thank you sweetie, for making my day even better than I thought it could ever be. I love you girl!
Old 06-22-2003, 04:24 PM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Remember me?

I have been trying to get up the guts to get back to this site for months now. It has been almost a year since my last post. I can hardly tell you what a relief it was to see 300+ still here, and especially so many of my friends!
I've spent a lot of the last year in denial about my weight and especially about my weight gain. Once my scale at home wouldn't weigh me anymore, I tried to convince myself it was just the scale. It was broken...
Well, a Curves opened up in February, just down the street from where I work, and I was one of the first in line to sign up. Their scale could weigh me, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Taking measurements was just about as difficult. But the lady helping me out had lost 135 pounds and kept it off for 5 years, and she was amazingly sweet and caring with me.
I had intended to get back on 3fc's before that time, but my head had me convinced that I needed to show some progress first. I couldn't come back and admit such huge failure.
I'm 40 inches smaller after the first 4 months, but my weight is still creeping up there. I have been finding myself checking out "miracle" diet pill ads and poorly planned diets. I've had that panicked feeling growing for weeks now until I knew just what I had to do. I needed to get myself back here.
So, here I am. It feels good to be back home. *HUGS*

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 06-22-2003 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:35 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Exclamation yowza!

Tina, you sweet thang!

Sounds like they love you just as much over there as we do here!
well...ALMOST as much!

{{{hugs}}} You look gorgeous!

You know I thought I was going crazy when I "lost" a post a few days ago! I could have sworn I had posted, but then it was gone the next day too! :? whew! I thought early Alzheimer's was kickin' in

I'm just doing some last minute stuff before SIL arrives...dh and son just went to pick her up. Well, I wasdoing stuff...til I just sat down here. I had better get moving! I may not be around much the next few days...then again...you may not be able to get rid of me! We'll see how it goes...

Have a great week...Let's make it our best yet!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-22-2003 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:45 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Welcome back, Andria! You've come to the right place! Stay away from that scary stuff...obviously you know what to do, having lost 40 inches! Take a deep breath, relax, and think about what you need to do. Plan the foods that you'll need and will eat. Get lots of veggies and fruit! Drink that water! And keep going to Curves! Oh! And come in and post everyday!

You can do it!
Old 06-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Angry Hello To all

Well, things are going great here. I'm working my hardest to make sure what the scale said yesterday will still be a reality once I hit Tuesday. Anway, I had to get in here and post since I was missing my email notifications. I also had a thing or two to say-don't I always?

First off: I don't know you Andria, I'm fairly new here, but welcome back. This is such a great place to be.

Second: Tina-Wow!!! That is so great. I understand your joy. Maybe this is what God has planned to get you motivated? It certainly sounds like it is doing just that.

Well-I would do individual replies for the rest of you, but I need to get going. I love you all and am thinking of you. I will reply to each of you later.

Amanda
Old 06-22-2003, 04:59 PM   #12  

Wink Hello Friends

Andria: I don't think I ever met you before, but I started posting here on the 300 thread in February and these girls are some of the best ones around. I am looking forward to posting with you.

2cute and Thin and Kat: I posted the other night, not only to this thread but 2 others that I post on and I came back the next day and they were gone? I said to myself, well maybe it was a fluke thing, or maybe I hit the wrong buttons? Who knows, but hope it stops.

Tina: I am still in awe of the man named Joker....I'm so glad he made your day. Then you get a call from 2 cute....what a wonderful day.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

You know, Tina...

I WAS going to call you today...to find out what your whereabouts will be that week...then I thought...hmmm, not today, I think it's race day!

Then... I just didn't want to be a copy Kat...

I'll surprise you another day!
Old 06-22-2003, 05:56 PM   #14  

WOW !!!!! this day is FULL of surprises !!!

WELCOME HOME ANDRIA !!!!!! I AM SOOOO HAPPY TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!
I am soooo proud of you for all you have accomplished since joing Curves.
I wish I had time to chat with you but I am short of time.
I just had to peek in a minute and see all of my cyber buddies.
What a nice surprise to find one of my old buddies back with us.

And I must say... talking to Tina today was another highlight of my day ..... you think she is cute in her photos... wait until you talk to her..... she is even CUTER than me. She has the MOST lovely sweet voice... it is like talking to a real live ANGEL.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Ladies, I was working on a nice long post with replies to everyone when my computer locked up and I had to reboot. That makes me so because it seems to do it on a regular basis since I went to cable internet, added Norton antivirus and a firewall. Not sure if any of it has to do with it but it sure is irritating.

Well, I'm off to the Prevention website to research the South Beach Diet so I can make a plan for the week. I'll try to get caught up this week.

Take care, have a great Sunday evening and Monday!
Closed Thread