General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #1  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Talking 100 day anything-challenge!

Hi Gals!

Because this board works so wonderfully in staying motivated and accountable, I was wondering if you girls are up for a 100 day challenge on ANYTHING.

For me it is gonna be writing my final paper for University. It's been on my to do list for a year, and it should be done yesterday, but Uni can also wait another 10months and not complain. For my own sake, I have to get it done by december 1st. If I start my 100 day challenge tomorrow, that's november 30th.

Who joins this anything-challenge? It be fun if we all started on something this week or the next so we can share along the way!

Few questions for each to answer:
What's your challenge?
When is it due?
Why isn't it done yet?
Anything to add before you start?

Goodluck to whomever joins, I'll post back here sooon!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #2  
No description available.

Hmm...I'm always good at starting challenges, not always so great at completing them, but I like that it is 100 days and ends Nov 30. Numbers like that appeal to me.

I have writing goals.

What is the challenge: 2,000 words a day, min
When: between now and 11/30
Why isn't it done yet?: It's ongoing, some days I write a lot, some days I write a little, some days I write nothing. I'm looking for consistancy.

What's your paper about?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

ok. I've been struggline with my career (unemployed).

My "Goal" for this challenge is to do a "critical six" to do list every day. I heard about this concept somewhere. You come up with 6 action items for the day toward achieving a goal. They must be arrained in order to importance relative to the goal. Then if not finished the items roll over to the next day. ie if 5 & 6 don't get finished they become 1 & 2 the next day (unless something REALLY important comes up). It's supposed to be a powerful achievement tool. When I do it, I get stuff done. I could accomplish alot doing the critical 6 for 100 days.

So Today is Day 1 of the challenge. I will start tommorow on Day 2. I will write out my list for tommorow tonight.

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-22-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #4  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

midwife - 2000 words a day seems like a LOT to me! The number 1 reason people fail at their own set goals is because they put the bar too high and get discouraged . Maybe you should set the bar a bit lower? My paper is about government communication and sustainability. I am still in the phase where's it's only a vague idea but nothing solid yet. I hope to get it solid this week. * fingers crossed *
What do you write about? And why do you write? What's your goal with writing?

My goal really is to just get hat piece of paper and be free to travel the world and get any job in any country that I please. So, to Freedom!

Scarlett - that sounds like a great method of getting somewhere. It's kinda like a project-plan basically right? You arrange set tasks in such a way that at the end of it, there's some sort of result. What kind of job are you looking for?

Nice to have you guys onboard!

Hope there's other people to join us, because it's always fun to see how ohters are doing and get inspired!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote