Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #1  
Catwoman

Arrow Which exersize tapes do you like the best?

I've just started doing tapes and think I may have a look on ebay for some more. Do you have favourites? Tapes you don't mind doing again and again? Some like Denise Austin are the pits with her awful voice, I been doing Kathy Smith and reckon she's pretty kewl to exersize to.
Love to hear which ones you reckon rock!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:33 PM   #2  

Do you think Denise Austin does a relaxation bit at the end of her tapes so no one hunts her down and beats her senseless? At least on her pilates for everyone tape she ends with a relaxation section.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:43 PM   #3  

Hi,

I'm definitely a Leslie Sansone junkie-her tapes are perfect for out of shape klutzes like me. I borrowed some Tamilee Webb videos from the library today, and I think I'm really going to like them. I also like the instructor Leisa Hart. I just tried one of the "Crunch" series video tapes today, and I feel very sore. I think they're too advanced for me, but I will get into shape enough to do it someday.

I have two videos put out by Prevention magazine-very clear instruction, I enjoy them. I also the "Weight training for dummies" tape.

I have bids on some Kathy Smith and The Firm videos on ebay...wish me luck. I love trying new tapes!

Sherry
Old 06-21-2003, 09:07 PM   #4  
Searching

Chest and Abs of Steel 2000
Pilates for Dummies

Anyone know a good Yoga tape? I have those Rodney Yee one and the few times I did them I was like Namaste this bud!LOL!

Miss Chris
Old 06-22-2003, 11:17 AM   #5  
Big Loser Wannabe

My favorite videos are the Joyce Vedral video's, if I would get one of her tapes out, and follow it for a couple of weeks, I would drop 1 size GUARANTEED! I am telling you her workouts WORK! They work with small hand weights, and sure they kick your butt at first, but then you get use to the routine, and its pretty simple.

I really need to drag one of her tapes out this week, and work on my tummy, and arm area, since my sis's wedding is coming up soon! I bought the set of Tae Bo tapes, and I still have not tried it! Ugggh!
Old 06-22-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  
Student of the Hoof

I like the Taebo (as a matter of fact, just finished a Taebo workout), but having had a couple years of taekwondo training, I tend to cringe at the thought of the untrained doing side kicks and jabs. It's so bloody easy to assume the wrong position, and to hyperextend your knees or elbows, or massively strain your hip rotators or flexors. Just be careful.

I rather like Leslie Sansone's WATP stuff, it's fun and rather mindless and a good way to get moving. I also like the Pilates for Dummies. I have the Windsor Pilates, and it's ok - but something about her and the whole set up just makes me want to hit her with something hard.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:29 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I love Cindy Crawford's first workout video. It's got a blue cover & she's on it in a red swimsuit. I can't keep up w/her, but I try!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:52 AM   #8  
missaprylj

Call me a teenager.... but, MTV has a Yoga tape that is very good. The instructor isn't annoying and it's got different people you can watch (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and a guide at the end on how to do the poses. It's great... really.

I also like Tae-Bo, but I only have the "basic" level. -Apryl

Old 06-28-2003, 07:49 PM   #9  

It's funny, but I love the work out videos that you dance to. I love the richard simmons ones and have a great paula abdoul one.

I just got the WATP tapes and if I can shake my headache I will try them for the first time tonight.

Bella23
Old 06-29-2003, 03:10 AM   #10  
beautiful

in one of my email groups they all recommended walk away the pounds when i asked them. my step mom even suggested it. i'm going to borrow hers and see though. i'll let ya know. i have 1 yoga dvd and some of it is done on the floor and i can't look up at the tv and be on the floor at the same time. that's the only thing i dont like about it. its called the perfect yoga workout and it has 2 parts. fat burning yoga and the joy of yoga. the lady who does it is sara ivanhoe and you can follow some of the other people on there for modified versions of what she is doing. its pretty good but it would probably be better if i used it more. LOL
Closed Thread