Old 08-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat- Core/Simply Filling: Aug. 22- 28

New Pages!

I changed the Title to try to be more specific about the thread.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #2  

Hey everyone..getting a slow start this monday (typical for me ) .
I had a fantastic weekend at the coast with my cousin. We ate great, explored,
walked on the beach and got some good rest also. She said it really helped her to be out of town on this difficult weenend . I will put some pics on my facebook later today.

Terrible storm last night with my electricity out for hours..

I gained a pound this weekend but I think it may be all the salty food I ate . Anywho...I am back on track now..

Maryann, please keep us posted. I am glad you are getting a dr appt. You haven't felt good all week. Is there someone there to take you to your appt.
Hugs !!!!

I have been working hard all day but then not sure how to use my evenings. That is when it gets the saddest. I decided to start painting my rooms which was way down on the list of projects. Its something I like and i can do some each evening.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The tummy ache and runs are over. I guess my sister was right telling me to take pepto bismol. I didn't want to take meds as I HATE them and use them less possible. So I followed the BRAT diet for several days[banana,rice,applesauce and toast].This morning I had a real breakfast and boy did that taste good. Not going to the doctors like I planned,but I'm going to take it easy, eating light for the rest of the week.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages.

NANCY-Thanks for be so concerned about my weeks not feeling well,even though it took a week to get over it I don't feel I need the doctor at this point. Once i took the Pepto Bismol my tummy and runs disappeared.Glad you had a wonderful weekend on the beach. I love walking along the beach,hopefully I will do so some time this week.

My dinner is ready,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Magnificent Monday, Chickies! Today has been stellar eatingwise. I made ham/beans, hominy, spinach, and cornbread along with some sliced onion, pickled beets, and Italian peppers for lunch. That'll be our "big" meal for the day. Tonight we'll split a sandwich for dinner. It feels awesome being back on a good eating plan.

Nancy, you're a busy lady. I admire you so much. You're a strong woman.

Maryann, glad you're feeling up to par.

Rhonda, thanks for the pages. That's a nifty title.

Just heard from my son. Our granddaughter is going to play volleyball this year for the first time. (7th Grade) We have our stadium seats and are good to go.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

I forgot to tell you that I'm down 2 pounds today. Got to go change my tracker!!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #6  

Great news about the two pounds, Sandra. Way to go. I can't say the same.

Nancy, I've got painting that needs done. You're welcome to come over any time!

Maryann, glad that you are feeling better. I hate Pepto Bismol, but it works.

The trainer and I decided that I am not going to do ANY lower body exercises for 4 weeks and see if the swelling in my knee will go down. I'll lose strength, but well, I'm losing it anyway and my knee is swollen. I'll regain the strength.

In the meantime, I've got killer triceps and biceps
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you're doing what you need to do--so you can do what you want to do.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #8  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Maryann Glad you are on the mend, we were all worried

Welcome back Ems

No loss no gain for me this week

We finished decorating our bedroom yesterday, going for a new carpet tomorrow. We are both stiff as broomsticks
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had to get up early this morning as my handy man is coming to fix the clog in the bathroom sink. I tried the vinegar baking soda boiling water method but it didn't work. I even tried the plunger,and that didn't work either. Wish Leo was around he would know what to do.

This afternoon my Friend Rita and I are going out for lunch. Wanted to go down to BBC but it will be too crowded with all the beach people hanging around so we agree going to the suburbs instead.

SANDRA- congrats on your two pound loss. Yes I feeling 90% better as I not eating like I did before my appetite has now has gone down for a while anyway,with nibbling here and there.Not making the big dinners like I used to either.I'm down to 164 the lowest I been in several years hope that it will stay around for a while. as I like to move my tracker down a notch.

RHONDA-I don't like it{PB} either I rather have the foods to help,but it didn't this time around.

JOJO-Thanks I fine but I'm going to try to stop this mass snacking with all this heat I tend to snack more. Now I bought a 1/2 watermelon that I cut in pcs and now I have a BIG BOWL in the refrig & when I feel like snacking I nipple on that.

Have a great day
Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

JoJo, in TOPS staying the same means you've "Turtled". That's a good thing. You're just sort of taking a pitstop on your journey.

Maryann, I haven't weighed 164 in years. Congratulations!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #11  

I should tell you that a Canadian politician passed away yesterday. His name is Jack Layton and the internet is full of tributes to him. I was honored to know him and his widow personally. He was kind, compassionate, intelligent, articulate, passionate, honorable....possessing all the traits you would want a human to have. He will be sorely missed.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #12  

Sandra, I meant to say that your meal sounded really good the other day.

One of my nieces works in the DC area and had to be evacuated. But, nothing serious happened really.

I made another green shake and am becoming fond of having them. They are refreshing, nutritious, and filling.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #13  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Tejas Friends of ours who now live in Quebec, are natives of Toronto and were huge jack Layton supporters. Thet are very upset that he has died, as are many people. What a wonderful tribute it is, to be so universally missed
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The handyman came over and only charge me $30 told my friend and she asked me for his phone # he such a nice guy and doesn't like taking advantage of the older folk. Told him that I'll be calling him in Oct when my A/C's will be coming out.

Rita and I were in 99 when the earthquake hit. My sister & DS called leaving a message on the phone saying that they felt it. My sister was at the computer and her chair rolled & she fell 1/2 way off.She thought she was going to faint. My son had a similar experience and even the President felt in in MV while golfing. SHE & I DIDN'T FEEL A THING.

SANDRA-Thanks,hope that it will continue going down,as my doctor now want my goal to be 150 instead of the original 140.

RHONDA-Sorry about the passing of your Canadian politician Jack Layton. Wish we had some gentlemen politicians here in America,most of them on both sides or the aisle I don't consider gentlemen. Gave up on all politicians and their LIES.

Have to go out and get some extra water and batter for my flashlights for Irene visit on Sunday.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #15  

A bit worried about the hurricane coming as I am about 2 hrs inland from Atlantic Beach. A friend just came over to show me how to start our generator.
The biggest problem at my house is that we have tons of huge trees near the house. When Fran came thru the trees coming down were the worst part for Raleigh.

Went yesterday to take a bike to my son at school, now
I have a long To Do list today as I have been out of town some.

Take care girls !!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote