Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: (Jan 1 2019) 190.8/ ? /150

Height: 5ft 4 in

Default New to the group, not new to trying to lose weight

I'm married, no kids. Hubby & I have been trying (sort of) to lose weight the last year or so, but not really focusing on it, so now I turned 45 & now at my heaviest weight ever 183. I've decided that something has really got to change, so I joined this group in the hopes that with some support, I can do this. My ultimate goal is 130. My short-term goal is 10 lbs by Thanksgiving. I have a step tracker & make sure I get at least 10,000 steps a day, but I want to try to walk/jog/run a 5K on Thanksgiving day, which I have never done anything like that before.. I don't even walk around the block. I figure it's 8 weeks, so here goes nothing.
I know I'm a stress eater, boredom eater & late night snacker.
It's been easy for me to identify my problems, but not solve them. Any suggestions welcome.
WendyWants2Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC, Wendy!!!

My suggestions would be to peruse the different forum categories and join in the discussions in the areas that interest you. For example, what dietary style are you planning to use? There's probably a thread for that. If you have questions about exercise, there's probably a thread for that. If you have diabetes or other health challenges, there's probably a thread for that. And if there's not, you can always start one!
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

Hi Wendy! I am in a similar situation with you. I also know that I am a boredom eater and late-night snacker but can't seem to get a handle on it. I also made the decision today that is enough is enough I need to do something. Hopefully we can help give each other some encouragement along our Journeys
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Wendy! Welcome to our group. If you are looking to run a 5K in 8 weeks (CONGRATS ON THAT STEP), the Couch to 5K program worked well for me when I first started running. Really, though, there are a lot of training programs out there. I would recommend that you sing up for the race, decide on a training program, and commit to doing it. I was initially intimidated by the thought of running outside, so my first runs were on a treadmill. I then transitioned to a track near my home, then started running outside.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: (Jan 1 2019) 190.8/ ? /150

Height: 5ft 4 in

I just found out that the 5K I’m going to do is actually a 5 mile. I decided not to push myself too hard, so I’ll just walk it mainly.
Went today with my niece for a 3 mile walk. It was a little slower than I would like, but not bad for the first time really walking outside (3 miles I 1 hour 9 minutes).
WendyWants2Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 151 /149 / 121

Height: 5' 3"

Great on your super long walk! Keep us posted on your progress! Excited for you!
ElleJ is offline   Reply With Quote