Old 01-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #1  
=)

S/C/G: 230/219/170

Height: 5'8

Default Shaking Things Up At The Office

Good morning yall!
Ive been thinking a lot about making positive changes to my everyday life. Like most people, the least active part of my day is while I'm at a work. So, I did myself some brainstorming and came up with a few changes that will hopefully have a larger impact over time.

First, I have reset my default printer to the furthest from me rather than using the one in my office. Now i have to get up and shuffle down the hall rather than spinning around in my much to cozy chair!
Second, I'm going to ease up on the convenience of email/ phone calls and hoof it over to my coworkers' office a little more often.
Finally, im considering shutting my door at lunch and doing squats or something of that nature =)
Oh, also as a result of my increased water consumption, I am forced to get up A LOT to go to the restroom! Yay!

What little but mighty changes have you made? Please share! Thanks!
ThisIsMyRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm fortunate to work for a small office where frequently the other 3 people are all gone at once. The bosses- a husband and wife team- are semi-retired. My co-worker often goes out to see our customers. That leaves me to do paperwork and handle the phones. But it's often slow. I do a little of everything. Sometimes I'll get up and go do push ups, squats, planks, one legged dead lifts. Sometimes I'll run in place. Sometimes I'll run the stairs. Sometimes I'll do lunges from one end of the building to the other and back (it's 22 lunges- not a large building). I'm actually kind of bummed when my co-workers are around, because it means I have to stay in my cubicle, haha.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Round 2: 173/173/155

Height: 5'3"

What great ideas ladies. I work in a fairly small office as well, but do get up and move around a good amount. One thing I do (not at work) is park further away from entrances when I go somewhere like shopping just so I can walk
wefrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #4  
=)

EagleRiver, thats awesome! I wish i could do lunges up and down the hallway! Too many people here; id never hear the end of it!! Ha! Hey, i lived in EagleRiver many moons ago! (Had a wild hair when i was 20 and moved there for a couple years) i rented a little place off hiland rd! Beautiful place and great for outdoor exercise come summer! Im jealous =)
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #5  
=)

Good idea, Wefrogy! I think i will incorporate this too!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyRealName View Post
EagleRiver, thats awesome! I wish i could do lunges up and down the hallway! Too many people here; id never hear the end of it!! Ha! Hey, i lived in EagleRiver many moons ago! (Had a wild hair when i was 20 and moved there for a couple years) i rented a little place off hiland rd! Beautiful place and great for outdoor exercise come summer! Im jealous =)
How cool! We live on Eagle River Road, so not too far from where you lived, just across the valley.

I am fortunate to be able to squeeze in some exercise here and there at work, for certain.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote