Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Red face 42 and Starting over

Ok I am 42 and going to make my new hobby losing weight. Eating, drinking and exercising right. I'm not stupid, I know I will cheat and I know I will have bad days. But it will all be a momentary laps and I will get back up and not kick myself over it. My husband surely is tired of hearing me complain how fat I am. Or how I don't have any energy to do something. he will be so happy when he starts seeing me happier from losing the weight and being able to do things together more.

I will try and update this blog when I can. I already lost 2 pds and I am calling that an accomplishment. only 90 more to go for true goal. But my small goal is 15 right now.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #2  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Sounds like you have a plan. Best wishes!
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #3  

Thanks. You too we are all hear for eachother.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #4  

Woohoo 3 weeks in and lost 6 pounds!!!! I am eating healthy but still not exercising. This Saturday I will go to the Renaissance Festival and walk for hours. Well here's to anthoer good week.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:48 AM   #5  

Ok I am going to try the Mini goal thing. I have been losing weight at 2 pounds a week and haven't even been working out. Sooooooooo I am going to make mini goals based on holiday's coming up. From today ....

Mini Goals 2 pounds a week

6 Weeks By sept 7th I could lose 12 pds down to 215 pounds

7 more weeks to oct 26th 26 pounds down to 201 pounds

4 more Weeks to Thanksgiving 34 pounds down to 193 pounds

4 more weeks to Yule 42 pounds down to 185 pounds

If this works out I will be only 40 pounds from my goal weight of 145. That means by next Summer I might be in bathing suit weather shape. But this will require toning exercises. So my majority exercises will be toning not cardio. Anyone else want to do this with me Please contact me and add me as a friend. We can support each other.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 AM   #6  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Awesome! Keep up the good work =)
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:51 PM   #7  

one more pound lost!! Woo Hoo!! would had been 2 but had a stressful week so I had greasy pizza and sonic shake. Still a loss though!! Made a ticker to keep me focused on the main goal of 185 pounds by Yule Tidings. Right now I am still focusing n the mini goal of Labor day week. Really know I can do it. I started doing ab work in the afternoons. Just a little a day not to get sore but to feel it. If I don't over do it I can do it every day and slowly get those muscles tighter to get this hanging belly up. It is embarrassing to have it and no kids made it. Just sitting behind a desk. Well that's all for now. I am getting ready for work and need to get my lunch before I start.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #8  

well 1 pound lost this week. So now that I am not getting 2 a week I need to incorporate exercise into my lifestyle. hopefully that will make the difference. Time to Turn IT UP!!!!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/193.5/147

Height: 5"6'

1 pound loss is better than 2 gain. Keep moving and trying.
Texaslittlelady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Just found your thread - how is the plan going now.. keep it up - have you had another 2 pound week yet.. 1 pound weeks are good 2 pound ones feel great... in the long run any loss is a good loss + no loss is better then a gain - a gain means we need to refocus own it and move on get back to what was working

did you manage to get any exercise in after all.?
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karencat View Post
Just found your thread - how is the plan going now.. keep it up - have you had another 2 pound week yet.. 1 pound weeks are good 2 pound ones feel great... in the long run any loss is a good loss + no loss is better then a gain - a gain means we need to refocus own it and move on get back to what was working

did you manage to get any exercise in after all.?
Hi thanks for the encouragement!! I only los the 1 pd a week the last 2 weeks. But this week I am hopefully going to get into more exercise. I have been so tired from stress at work but I need to challenge myself to get up and get going. Tomorrow after church I will go to Costco and walk around and then this weekend I plan on getting at least a few letterboxes. I have a 3 day weekend so don't just want to sit around. I might spend a day cleaning house that works a lot of muscle's. Here's to a good weigh in on Weds!!
Old 08-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #12  

I have been tired lately too, so today I started to take vitamins. I am hopeful that it will help! Keep us posted on how it goes.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #13  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

wow, you are all amazing! Welcome, Davisag!

I normally don't set goals, just try to get on with life- healthy, light eating, more exercise. That works most of the time, but I feel I'm in a bit of a rut now and am wondering if setting some concrete goals might be a good idea.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 AM   #14  

Magicsusan: yeah setting goals hasnt been a thing for me either. I found the Holiday gial was the best for me. One... thier ahirt stints and reasonable to reach. Two... this time of year is full of fattening temptations. What better time to show a real commitment. Let me know if you do something,and why.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #15  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Honestly, I'm more likey to set a weekly goal than a target type one. I've had issues with procrastination in the past, and I'm afraid if I set a sort of "10 pounds by Midwinter" type goal, I'd be like, "meh, it's only August, I can lose that later..."

So in theory, my goal is to try and treat myself well nutritionally and physically every day and enjoy things like chocolate, fried potatoes occasionally (once or twice a week) and in small portions. This has worked pretty well, until recently. Recently I've been faltering and that's why I'm wondering if a more concrete goal- 500g a week, or something- might be the kick in the pants that I apparently need?
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
starting over