Old 06-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/185.6/145

Height: 5'3

Default 5'3 190 41 2 babies. Here I go again on my own. With weightloss that is!

. Hi. I'm 41 and have a 6 month old and a 4 year old. I work full time and am finishing up my PHD. I am in the process of writing my dissertation. I have little support or help for child care outside of my hubby who now works part time to help care for kids. I feel like there are so many excuses for still being fat. One I am 41 and I am old *** lol. I am too old for this. Not really. I am so happy to have my children. We just got started a little later than some people do. Two. I am severely sleep deprived. Three I am breastfeeding and no it did not make weight fall off. Four. I am short! Blah. Five I am lazy. Six. I like to eat and cook and I'm Italian. It's part of my culture. Seven. I have no time. Eight. I have a tremendous amount of self delusion.

I am 5'3. Ok. Really 5'2.5 I weighed about 145 when I got married. Looked really cute. I married later in life. I was 31 when I met hubby. 32 when married. We tried to have kids right away but had three mc that put weight on. The lowest I have ever been is 111 back when I wa me 28 and single and worked out twice a day during grad school (masters) and had no job or kids lol. I lived on celery sticks and plain tuna and it couldn't be sustained. My natural weigh is about 135-145. I got pregnant with 4 year old and gained 55 lbs. on top of the 165 I was at the time. I had several mc before that birth so I gained a few lbs with each one. Lost the weight when my kid turned 3 because I finally was able to do stuff like exercise while doing everything else. I had a two more mc and gained a few more lbs. Then Ihave kid 2. Gained 55 again on top of the 165 I was. So I was 220 by the time I gave birth. W. T. F. This is after watching food and walking three miles a day in second trimester. I still gained the same. But blood pressure and sugar were good. Any way. Here I am 6 months pp. I weight 199-185 depending on th day. W. T. F. I hate this. I've never had a gut. Now I have this gigantic 6 month pregnant looking tummy. :-( it's awful. Just awful. I have cellulite everywhere like arms tummy front of thighs??! W. T.

Anyway. I'm exhausted. I'm old. I'm fat. But I'll be getting this GD phd in a few months. And that's my main focus other than caring for kids. My poor dh. Trust me when I say he looks like a male model. He does. I look like his fat older wife now. I hate it.

I'm going to try to watch carb intake and maybe try some Jilliam DVDs.

I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited by Shewoksamongus; 06-11-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Shewoksamongus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:38 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

and

You've got a full schedule with important reason to focus so that you can complete your PhD and get that behind you. You'll find others on 3FC wrestling to complete their degree and you'll find a bunch of folks around your height. Look around, the folks who will support you are here and about.

Good luck on your journey.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:59 AM   #3  

Thanks Bill!! I appreciate it. Will do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
and

You've got a full schedule with important reason to focus so that you can complete your PhD and get that behind you. You'll find others on 3FC wrestling to complete their degree and you'll find a bunch of folks around your height. Look around, the folks who will support you are here and about.

Good luck on your journey.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #4  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Yep, we're all here pulling for you, shewalks! (So much so, you'd think we'd have really toned arms, lol. Not.)

I'm a bit older than you, but had a similar patch. There were times when damage control was enough, till I had the time and energy to lose. I made *sure* I felt good about maintaining. It's a challenge when the kids are that small! (((hug)))
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #5  

Thank you Magicsusan!! I so appreciate it! Thanks for the HUGS I need them!