3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 01-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #1

S/C/G: 247/247/150

Height: 5'4"

Default It's way past time (newbie)

I'm new around here, so first off, hello! I have a long way to go (starting at 247 - yikes!), and I intend to do it slowly (I've done quicker weight loss options before, but I always give up pretty quickly and gain the weight right back, so I know they're not an option for me). I'm 40, and I'm also dealing with several obstacles to getting healthier, such as:

taking Coumadin for chronic DVT (which makes adding leafy greens a bit tricky - I eat some, but not as much as I should)

gastrparesis (which makes adding whole grains tricky - they take so long to digest it hurts)

spinal arthritis (which will limit the types of exercise I can do)

also an anxiety disorder and other assorted health issues that (hopefully) won't add to my obstacles

I've let these things be excuses for entirely too long now; I'm just going to have to find a way to work around them. Not only do I really need to do everything in my power to get healthier so that I'll be around for future grandchildren, I've also reached a point where I don't like myself very much, and that needs to change.

Anyway, this first week I'm planning to eat as I have been but will be writing it all down in a food journal so that I can see where changes most need to be made, and I'm committing myself to 30 continuous minutes of exercise at least 3 times during the week. I know it's not much, but I know myself well enough to know that it has to be small changes that gradually grow to bigger changes because it I try to do it too fast I'll get frustrated and bored then I'll mess up and quit.

Sorry for the novel-length intro post. Looking forward to getting to know folks on here.

PS - I'm cross-posting this to the general intro thread - I hope that's all right. If not, let me know and I'll delete one. Thanks!

-J
anonymouse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #2
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126k/102.1/60k

Height: 162cm(ish)

Wow, Anonymouse! Sounds like a heck of a challenge- we got your back!

Hello, leighkay! Welcome on board!

History!: Obese Category III Goals Achieved:Obese II (<110kg) Sept 4-13
Goals: Obese I (<95kg) Overweight (<82kg) Normal range (<68kg) Ideal (60kg)
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #3
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! I love your avatar!

I do alot of journalling, and I highly recommend it. I think it really helps. I write down food, exercise, general thoughts. My journal is messy and I'd never show it to anyone, but it is so helpful to look back over it and see the trends: improvements, backsliding, bad ideas (like when I thought whiskey should be a part of every dinner) and good ideas that worked (meditation).
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:02 PM   #4

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/156/130

Height: 5'5

Welcome anonymouse! I've been dealing with various health challenges myself, some of which cause me to retain water, hence, weight. I'm trying to become the healthiest me I can be and not get discouraged. I'm trying to take clinical approach to what works and doesn't work for me. Meaning, if the scale goes up or stays the same, I review what I ate or how much I drank or if I exercised - I track things and try to see if there is a link to the scale, my blood pressure, my stress level, my calorie intake. I'm trying not to get too emotional about it all and view myself as a science project! Keep tweaking and trying and you will move forward!

My Reboot Journey Weight: 174 - February 7, 2016
My Lowest Journey Weight: 148 - July 2012
Original Journey Starting Weight: 212 - June 2010

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #5

S/C/G: 193.6/192.8/139

Height: 5'4"

Hi Anonymouse,

I also have anxiety/depression, and yes, it really can make a mess of your weight. (Don't get me started on why anti-anxiety/anti-D meds make people cause weight..as if that won't cause MORE DEPRESSION!!). Anyway, all best!

Cammie
cammie31 is offline   Reply With Quote