Old 09-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #46  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I had a rough week and went off plan. I'm on Optifast and I think I have been exercising too much for the 800 calorie a day diet. I have been SO hungry at bedtime. My cheats have been healthy choices, but I am still afraid to weigh myself until I'm back on plan for a few days. Besides, TOM is coming in the next few days, so better to wait until that passes, I think.

I hope everyone has a good week!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Checking in, 225 this am, 225.6 tonight, hoping that means I am below 223 in am.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #48  

Totally busy week last week. Hoping things are a bit more mellow this week.
I felt really horrible for 3 days, part of the week-end. And I am positive it is because I am putting crap in my body. I am doing a 3 day "cleanse", I am sure it will restore me as long as I stick to it. I am thinking that I might just eat some of the vegetables instead of mixing them up in a blender. What's the difference really? Well, we'll se how it goes.
Magicsusan, I know exactly what you mean about thinking back to school will give us tons of free time. I actually feel like I have less.
Zumba, I think you are right about your work outs causing the gain. It will probably whoosh right out.
Twish, an 800 cal diet seems really low...
Cactus, thanks for the info on the 17 day diet. I'm not exactly sure what my approach is going to be, but it will be low carb. Southbeach worked really well for me once..
Wantochange, sounds like you have some good ideas and great motivation! Can I come with you to Mexico?
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

223.2 this am,
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 221/221/150

Height: 5'2"

My first post! I cannot stand myself anymore. I am overweight and getting bigger! Today I ate a whole pizza for lunch, then a candy bar! I do childcare and it was a very frustrating morning! I need to lose weight and get my 9 year old eating healthy! This is my first step! Any ideas? She is also very overweight Help!!
upliftme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #51  

So who GAINS weight on a liquid detox diet? ME! I was up one pound this morning after torturing myself by drinking some pretty icky "smoothie" gunk all day yesterday. well, I am half way through now so I'll stick it out. I am peeing a lot more than usual so something IS going on. I have a headache, probably from caffeine withdrawal and I'm tired. Wah wah wah.

Upliftme!! Whoa! I guess my best advice to you is to come up with a plan. It could start out really simple, like no more pizza, and go for a walk with your daughter every evening. Try eating whole foods rather than processed stuff. But yea, plan, and write it down!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Back to my full work out schedule, keeping away from the ice cream (finally). Not making much progress..waiting for that woosh....Two day workshop in the city this weekend , i need to make sure i'm not tempted to eat too much, there is food everywhere in Manhattan! My mini goal today is to get a lot of water down!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Apple Blossom: you probably just didn't show the loss yet from the liquid diet...I can't imagine that you would gain weight from it, something else must be going on...keep on keeping on and let us know how it turns out in the end. I hate the word "detox"..to me that usually means some kind of torture.

UPLIFTME I know all too well what it is like to turn to food for comfort. You need to make baby steps....as far as your daughter goes you need to be an example for her first and foremost. I was always really careful about what I brought into the house for my kids...treats are okay but you have to eat healthy first....vegetables and salad with dinner....and i like blossom's idea about taking a walk together.

Carma Good to see you girlfriend!

Twish your body knows you have this huge calorie deficit and it is making you hungry. No doubt....You need to adjust your fitness to your activity, otherwise you are just going to feel hungry and miserable. It can just be a temporary situation. There are actually diets where people are told NOT to exercise at first , especially cardio.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Well this was a bad week but at least I didn't gain. Friday weigh in was 155.

2 separate celebrations; 3 days of workouts and then an injury (leg is better now so back to exercise tomorrow); and now a cold (thankfully it's almost gone).

So unfortunately I did have drinks with my husband almost everyday and no work outs in the mornings.

Sounds like some of you are having struggles these days. I hope that things go better for you this week.

Good luck everyone.
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #55  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

I know how you feel, wanttochange. Kids and spouse are on holiday and the odd disruption to routine is kind of messing me up. My determination to finally make some progress (haven't made any in months) has once again crumbled into determination not to backslide and I'm getting really frustrated.

Hope your injury continues to get better.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 09-29-2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: typo
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #56  

So I ended up losing about 4 pounds on the detox, but then went crazy over the week-end and now I think I'm down about a pound.
I might replace a meal or 2 this week with some kind of juice or smoothie, but my half-marathon is on Sunday and I don't want to go too crazy and deplete my energy. I plan on one more long run on Wed and maybe only one more short run on Fri. I'm a little nervous because I don't think my "training" went all that well. On the other hand, I've done it before so I know I can finish. It's just a question of how fast.
Hope everyone made it through the week end better than I did. Lets buckle down this week! Make it a good one!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM   #57  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I got a huge wake up call when I stepped on the scale this morning. 183 - up 23 lbs from my original 60+ loss three years ago. I am so sick of myself right now.
I tell myself "I have to lose these 15 - 20lbs" before I gain it all back. I have been telling myself that for two years and the scale keeps going up and up. I am on track for a day or two and then something happens it I screw everything back up. I keep telling myself, I am going to start exercising next week and next week comes and I don't get it done.
I am in pre-menopause and I hate myself and my life and everything around me. I know it is all hormonal but I still feel what I feel.
Ugh, I need to get this together. For myself and my sanity, I need to lose this weight and I must start exercising again. No more hiding, no more broken promises to myself. I have come back out in the open here and I will make this happen. I can lose 5 lbs, that is what I keep telling myself. I can lose 5lbs, I just have to do that 4 or five times.
Time to get moving.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #58  
Calorie Counter

I lost it food wise last night, ate too much at dinner and then kept snacking so my calories were around 1700 and I need to try to keep them between 1300-1400.
I felt better this morning when I woke up, not so tired. I did get up and exercise this morning. I walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then did a little weight lifting. It will take time to rebuild my stamina but still feel good that I got up one day and exercised.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #59  

Hey NEMom! I share a similar theory, 5 pounds is doable! And it looks like you are off to a good start with the exercise. You can do it!
So today is the first of the month, always a good time to review your progress and goals. I am thinking that if I lose 8 pounds in Oct and 5 more in Nov that will put me at 160 for my birthday. (late Nov) That would be so wonderful. I am starting south beach next week and until then i will make good choices. I am about to head out for my last long run before the half-marathon on Sunday but I am procrastinating because it is windy and I hate running in the wind.
Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #60  
Calorie Counter

Apple Blossom - Sounds like a good plan. I don't run and am envious that you do. Good luck on your half marathon Sunday. Hope you have good weather.

Food was better yesterday. I did get up and get a little exercise in this morning about 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes with leg weights. I was down a whole pound this morning to 182. Probably water weight and it is still a real scary number for me to see.

Hope all is well. Can't believe its October already.