Old 09-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

I will not be going out to eat anymore with friends.....I know that this means saying not to invites on lonely nights when I really want to socialize, but I have come to realize that this is really thwarting my efforts. Last night I ordered salad with a friend but wound up breaking down and sharing a dessert with my friend...and I gained two lbs...what???!!! My body just shouldn't be having sugar right now......the end...why is this so hard for me to understand??? I already have a dinner date with two friends for tomorrow night but then that is IT...atleast until October. I am NOT going to reach my goals if I continue socializing...and fooling myself into thinking that i'lll just order a salad and be done with it.....

i'm so mad at myself for being weak last night...but that was then and this is now......
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #32  

How are we all doing? I had a great weekend, did alot of fun stuff with friends...only to pay for that with a two pound gain...I tried to make good choices .....anyhow I decided that one of my "fast" days has to be on the weekend otherwise this WOE is just NOT going to work. Zumba'd this morning, going to kick box tonight......trying to get as much water down as possible today......
Old 09-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #33  

Not a great week end. And I got my period today. It always catches me by surprise even though I have some obvious symptoms. Might be a little bloated for today and tomorrow and then I'll be fine. I never really gain a whole lot during this time so I can't blame it for anything.
I pre made some chicken in the crock pot and a pot of ratatouille and now I feel like I have too much food. I was going to try a juice fast for 2 days but I can't let this food spoil. It happens every now and then. Especially when my husband does the shopping. I just feel like I need an empty fridge to keep me from eating to much, but I have to feed the rest of the family too. Grrr.
Mrs Snark, I hope you are feel ing better! I have a few friends with migrane trouble. It must totally suck. And it seems so difficult to find a solution.
Carma, I'm with you. Off to a slow start but we can do it!
Zumba, maybe you can find a different way to socialize? Maybe go for a walk with a friend instead of going out for dinner.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #34  

Apple Blossom, I agree with you...no more lunches out or out for drinks and dinner...atleast not for a while.....

I went to kickboxing last night and came home starving but didn't snack on anything as much as I wanted to.

I'll be counting calories today , hoping not to go over 1200.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #35  
The last 10 pounds...

S/C/G: 144/139/130

Height: 5'6"

I would love to join your thread, I need as much accountability/motivation as I can get.

What in the heck is it with 40? Ever since I hit that age (5 years ago) my metabolism is like a snail in peanut butter... (ah, peanut butter, how I miss thee).

I started the 17 Day Diet yesterday. Am down about a pound & 1/2. October 15th will be almost the end of the second cycle of this eating plan, so excited to see where that gets me.
CactusGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #36  

Down a bit today which is always encouraging. My run today was at an ever so slightly faster pace with out even trying so that's good too. Maybe I can make some wise food choices today and get this weight loss going.
I had a meeting last night and looking around the room full of other moms about my age made me feel uncomfortable. I don't want to look like the mom of a couple of high school students. Middle age kind of sucks. I need to lose weight and dress nicer too. My wardrobe has been really limited lately because I don't like /want to buy more "fat" clothes. Arrggh. I also shouldn't judge other people like that. They are all nice people. Sorry. But like a friend of mine says, I want to be the "hot" mom. Not the Walmart mom. Ok I am rambling on now.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Welcome Cactusgirly, you'll have fun here! What is the 17 day diet?
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:01 PM   #37  

Hey Apple, don't apologize, none of us want to be the Walmart mom....My son went to a hoity preschool years ago and all these women were skinny and decked out to the nines....it reminded me that having kids doesn't mean we have to gain weight and look frumpy, i just happened to for a very long time...

Whatever gives you motivation is a good thing Apple.....good for you for having a good run. It is raining here so Ill be working out indoors.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 PM   #38  

WHERE IS EVERYBODY????
Old 09-16-2014, 04:18 PM   #39  
The last 10 pounds...

S/C/G: 144/139/130

Hey AppleBlossom, the 17 Day Diet is pretty much low-carb/low-fat to start, gradually adding new carbs/fats back in every 17 days for 4 cycles. It advocates doable amounts of exercise and lots of water.

And I totally understand the Hot Mom thing.
CactusGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #40  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
WHERE IS EVERYBODY????

Out jogging! And trying to get some work done; I always think I'm going to have so much time to do things when the kids get back into school, but somehow there are just a million tiny time-sucks waiting to happen.

Plus, I have so little to report. I still firmly believe in having a life rather than a diet- I tried diets, and for me it really seems to be true that the faster it comes off, the quicker and surer it comes back on. I'm concentrating on getting a life which will fill my days with interesting things so I won't be tempted to snack away the boredom- which is my problem. I was supposed to be getting an education as an ESL teacher this semester, but it's been pushed to next semester, which is a bummer

How's everyone else? It's getting nippy over here already, which isn't surprising after one of the chilliest, soggiest summers ever.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #41  

Magicsusan, i totally love your approach..having a life will keep you from eating..maybe thats my problem..i don't have enough interesting things going on in my life....i spend a lot more time alone now....I was thinking about taking the test to become a teacher's aid...I think i need something other than zumba to make me happy at this point in my life...plus i love working out for ME for a change.....

It is getting nippy here too..really feels like fall now..all we need are all the leaves to turn and fall from the trees. I didm' tget to enjoy my pool this past summer at all, it didn't get hot enough to heat up my unheated pool...but it was pleasant..can't complain about it....

I had chinese tonight, some steamed chicken and broccoli (bleu) so I'm sure i'll be extra bloated tomorrow....i'm under a lot of stress right now because of a new class that i'm teaching tomorrow morning, i should be rehearsing well into the night...can't wait for it to be over.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #42  

Hi cactus, i've heard of the 17 day diet before, i think i know someone on it and they did really well with it.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

I'd like to join also. My goals will be to not have afterwork drinks with my husband, stick to South Beach this time and work out every morning before work. Off to Mexico Oct 18 so the 15th works for me.

I love reading everyone's stories and seeing the support.

Good luck everyone

Friday weigh in 155 lbs
Goal 140 lbs
Ultimate goal 130 lbs
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #44  

Hi wantochange!!!! vacation is a GREAT incentive!!!! we have the same goal of 140....
Old 09-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #45  

Okay, ice cream with dark chocolate syrup has been my downfall now for over a week..I have also given up cheese. I have gained four pounds and looking back on the past week i can't understand how or why....its a huge mystery to me..all that working out..maybe my muscles are just holding on to water....how I hope that is true!!