Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #61  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

My food was good yesterday. Kept the calories within my calorie limit. HOWEVER, I had a few too many drinks last nice, hence, I did not make it up early this morning to exercise and while not hung over, I am very tired and dragging this morning.
Today will be challenging - I have a work lunch today and then I am going out to dinner with my mom tonight. Have to make good choices but not sure I will be able to stay with in calorie range. Will do my best though.
Hope all is going well for you ladies.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #62  
Calorie Counter

Considering I ate out twice yesterday food was not too bad. I had a terrible, rotten, very bad day yesterday at work so I did not sleep well last night, my mind kept spinning. Needless to say, I did not even hear my alarm this morning to get up to exercise so that didn't happen. I have to work late again tonight, third time this week, so I wont get it in tonight. Maybe I can get some done this weekend. We will see. Happy weekend all.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello all., i've been away for a while. Life just catches up with me....

It has gotten colder here and I already feel like hibernating..no desire to take a walk....not a good sign.....not making progress AT ALL if anything I have gained the past few weeks. That 5:2 diet is a hard one for me to follow....not conducive to my lifestyle at all. I know it is working wonders for many people. I have decided to go back to low carbing. starting tomorrow...turning a new leaf..AGAIN....

on another note I have decided that going out while trying to lose weight is not possible. It totally takes me away from my focus. I can't eat out and lose...even if i'm ordering salad..it never winds up that way. Have given up alcohol for time being also.....

Doesn't look like i'll be at goal by october 16 but I do hope to be smaller by Halloween...

NEMom, nice you see you.....hang in there girl. we got this.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:25 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

155 again! At least it's not going up. I have to work harder this week but I'm like the rest of you, it's hard and I get lazy.

I need to change my life style but it's difficult to always choose the right thing.

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:11 AM   #65  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted here since...February 2014 I think...well, I am unfortunately 154 pounds today. I had a bad winter/summer...knee and neck injuries, lots of relationship problems leading to zero motivation to do anything for myself.

But things are better, my body seems to be healed more or less, I love my bf, he loves me...I am restarting my 5:2 diet plan tomorrow with daily exercise and yoga.

I'm a little late for this challenge, but I'm hoping to lose 5 pounds by October 15th. I'm inspired and motivated now.

Good luck to all!
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #66  

Hi all..I realized today that it is so hard for me to focus on my weight loss with all the other "stuff" going on in my life. Problems with Ex...financial worries..and today my son is home sick from school. I laugh when I think , oh yeah, let me go run on the treadmill now and cook a healthy meal...puhleaze....but this is life, and there's always going to be "something" to set us off....my son is asking for chinese food and i'm thinking NOT A GOOD IDEA....i don't even know what a good low carb choice would be...obviously not rice or noodles....
Old 10-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #67  

Chardonnay, we are about the same weight....we can do this....Life handed you some bad cards...but here you are again!!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #68  
Calorie Counter

Rough weekend. Work stress really got to me at the end of the week but I did make some decisions that should help make work a bit easier in the future.
I had dreams all weekend of mixing up a batch of instant brownie mix and eating the batter, I resisted that but yesterday my husband brought home some amazing cookies that I couldn't resist, had four. Ugh.
I did get up to exercise this morning the bad is I accidentally woke my daughter up in the process so we ended up talking more than I ended up exercising but I tried.
Hang in there Zumba, things will even out.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #69  

my SIL and I have challenged each other to lose 8 pounds by my birthday, which is late November. So now I have a little more on the line. I hope it makes a difference.
I have not been "dieting" for a week or so with the half marathon coming up, I thought I should stay fueled for that. The race went pretty well. Slower than my last one. I kind of bonked right around mile 9 after running through a sunny section as it was starting to get pretty hot. Definitely dehydrated towards the end and had to walk a bit. But I finished! And as usual, I am inspired by my sub-par performance to do it again! But probably not until next year. Today I am just kicking back, I'll start up with my SIL challenge tomorrow!
Zumba, where can I find 5:2 success stories? Is there a thread on 3FC?

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 10-06-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #70  
Food and Wine Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
Chardonnay, we are about the same weight....we can do this....Life handed you some bad cards...but here you are again!!
Here I am again! Yes, we certainly can do it, and like you said, there will ALWAYS be things in life that come up and stall us, or try to pull us away from our focus...I'm trying to think of this as a wonderful challenge instead of a difficult and scary possible failure. I think, at least for me, it's a mind game.

Today I had all intentions to exercise, then on my way out the door, I banged my head really hard on the top of a shelf, I've been on the couch with an ice pack on my head ever since. Exercise? Not today. What a "day 1" for me lol...but at least the nausea is keeping me on track with my calories, ha ha, I guess that's a success!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #71  
Food and Wine Lover

Hi NEmom, my bf brought home a box of 90 chocolate bars, you know, the Halloweenie ones...gosh those little kitkats are hard to resist...I've been good so far, but I asked him to either hide them in his office or don't bring any of that into the house, at least for another few weeks until I get my self-control going!

Apple Blossom: I'm restarting the 5:2 today, it worked quite well for me last winter and I ended up not only losing some weight, but also it shrunk my appetite on the non-diet days. I haven't found any links to that specific diet, but I do remember posting on the "Intermittent Fasting Support Thread". Are you starting that diet?
Old 10-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #72  

Yes Chardonnay, I am thinking of doing the 5:2. But right now my DH is out of town which makes it a lot easier to do SouthBeach phase one, so I'll be on that for 2 weeks and then I will switch over. Except I haven't started yet. Dealing with PMS where I always go through a couple of days where I need to eat everything in the house. And recovering from my race so not much exercise yesterday or today. Looking forward to moving forward tomorrow!
48 days to lose 8 pounds!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #73  
Food and Wine Lover

Hi Apple Blossom, btw congrats on your race. I haven't the knees for it anymore, but I respect so much those who can take on such a challenge! Yes, the PMS eating...thankfully I'm on the pill and I only stop every 3 months for the TOM. My PMS weakness is mashed taters...there is no logic and there is no stopping me lol...but at least it's only every 3 months now! The 5:2 is wonderful. Once you get over the initial first few fast days, it's a breeze. You can eat enough to keep full on 500 calories, though my fast days are currently about 600.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #74  

chardonnay...i have been dabbling with the 5:2...at first it worked but then i stalled, and then i gave up and put the weight back on So here I am again..going to do low carb along with 5:2....but 500 calories is out of the question with the way that i work out..so i'm going to let myself have 600-700....
oh and YIKES about your HEAD ...you poor thing, i hope it didn't leave a big bump...you are excused from exercising, thats a pretty good reason NOT to.

APPLE yes you can lose 8 lbs by that date! there is a 5:2 thread somewhere on this forum..but a really good one is on Facebook..there are people losing weight in leaps and bounds on there doing 5:2. I personally find it really hard because eating with me isn't about hunger, its more about emotions .....but I feel like its working for people so there is certainly something to it..as crazy as it sounds at first...

NE MOM...dreaming about brownie batter...now that would be a first for me...LOL...I never dream about food....I guess i get enough of it in real life so there's no sense in dreaming...LOL...its so hard when temptation is around. Today i purposely bought sorbet that I won't want to eat for my son to have in the house.....I tell ya, the wrong kind of cookie or ice cream in the house and i"m a goner.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #75  

today was good for the most part but I think my sodium intake is going to send me into Bloatville.....keeping up with kickboxing, hope to go again tomorrow night.....