Old 08-27-2014, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Unhappy I am so tired of this # i keep seeing on scale

My eating and exercising and fasting fluctuate but but but the # i see every morning when i weigh my body is not budging. I am trying to balance out what i eat and what i don't eat and when but the scale needs to be returned to the store i think?????It z so frustrating, and i haven't gotten my period yet and its due every Sun this time of the month. I think its gotta be all the exercise that i did to make up for all deli-sh pasta and other unmentionables which i have eaten. I am so exhausted from exercising and not seeing any dramatic change on the scale. I am tossing this scale into a dumpster next time i go to the Dr'z. I am sure it hates me.....!

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 08-27-2014 at 01:14 AM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:29 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein 7/10/14

S/C/G: 256.4/224/160

Height: 5'7.5"

What plan are you following? And why aren't you following it 100% if you expect it to work?
rhondac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It's hard to tell what's going on based on the info you provided. You could be retaining water from your monthly cycle and you could also retain water from exercise. Also, you mentioned that you're eating some things that might be that weight-loss friendly. Weight loss is mostly about the eating and exercise is great for fitness and for mental well being (which helps with the eating, but exercise can also stimulate the appetite and cause people to feel justified in increasing their caloric intake).

Before you toss out the scale, perhaps you could compare it to another scale. I can understand the frustration involved with a scale that won't budge.

For me, eating anything with sugar and flour will stimulate my appetite. I've also recently discovered that cheese has the same effect on insulin as white flour, so I've cut that down significantly, which has helped.

I'd recommend tracking calories for at least a few days to see if you're eating at a caloric deficit.

I hope you find a way of eating that works for you.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I hate it when I get stuck. It's like my body adores a certain number, and will not budge from it. I can lose a pound, but jump right back up to that number until finally it goes away.

I ended up buying a new scale in frustration when mine would stay the same day in and day out. I was sure it was the scale. It wasn't, but I still like the new scale so much better. It's more accurate. The old one would be the same dressed and undressed. This one actually changes.

Sugar and flour has the same affect on me as luckymommy. Once i get started, I just can't stop. Best to just not start.

Sounds like your body is holding water. Exercise , certain foods and maybe also the impending period will cause water retention. Drink lots of water, and give it a few days an surely the hateful number will go away.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondac View Post
What plan are you following? And why aren't you following it 100% if you expect it to work?
These are great question
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #6  

Talking I Finally got my Period, Fashionably LATE!!!

Oh i am sooo relieved that I had that gooosh experience today and Lord was it ever a Relief to my anxiety and worry of the unknown???. My period was 1 week delayed and I didn't know what to think. I was not losing the weight like I usually do after PMS passes and the Big P is all over and done for the month. So part of the scale not budging and the low energy and hot flashes had a lot to do with finally getting my late period. I restarted my Hoodia today too, and oh that helps to accelerate my menses even more and that's great. I can't weight til its over and I drop 8 lbs asap. Good nite all, no i feel totally wiped out to the max.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sincerely,
1Bluerose68

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 09-03-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bluerose68 View Post
Oh i am sooo relieved that I had that gooosh experience today and Lord was it ever a Relief to my anxiety and worry of the unknown???. My period was 1 week delayed and I didn't know what to think. I was not losing the weight like I usually do after PMS passes and the Big P is all over and done for the month. So part of the scale not budging and the low energy and hot flashes had a lot to do with finally getting my late period. I restarted my Hoodia today too, and oh that helps to accelerate my menses even more and that's great. I can't weight til its over and I drop 8 lbs asap. Good nite all, no i feel totally wiped out to the max.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Sincerely,
1Bluerose68
I'm happy to say that the PMS Drama mama is over and done with, finally.....After that delay of an entire week, I finally had a 3 day mense and then a few days later dropped 6 Lbs and 2 during menses too. Thanks higher power, and exercise, and drinking loads of H2O instead of all the salty foods I was craving the whole 2 weeks .....And eating light meals during these hot heat waves I have been experiencing lately in my part of CA,USA....
Old 09-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #8  

Cool No change in my scale yet.....???

I am very bored,flustered,bemused, and frustrated, looking at this #.

I am very tired of sweating and seeing no drop in #'z. I am frustrated that my energy is not so great due to reducing in my Cals to lose weight and then not having as much zest for Everything as I require for Everything I must do to SURVIVE.....

See I'm Working Class folkz...and diets and working class seem to be incombatible for me.

I feel embarassed at work chowing down, as there usually is no where to eat in private besides my car, at my lunch prep.

And weather is so hot lately that I can't even consider that option.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/141/108

Height: 4'10"

I know what you mean, I've been exercising every day for an hour sometimes more on a treadmill and it's very, very slow. I think it has to do with a sluggish metabolism, but from others I hear, once we lose we gain more energy and this helps to speed things up. Good luck and keep at it!
Iken is offline   Reply With Quote